• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years and years ago I was travelling in Norway on a Kawasaki Z1000 ST. The Wife was on the back and we were camping. We were in the northern half of the country and in a forested area heading for the border with Finland. We were on a narrow dirt road. I came around a bend in the road and there was a huge Moose standing in the road staring at us just a few yards ahead. I had never encountered a wild animal that big in the wild previously or in such close proximity. What to do ? I had no idea. Retreating or even turning such a heavy bike with pillion on board with gear was not an option on the loose surface, so we stayed stock still and left the motor ticking over. The stare off took what seemed like ages, but then it just turned around and charged off into the bush. Were we in any danger ? I still have no idea. It was summer time in the Arctic because the sun would just sit on the horizon at midnight and then come straight back up again.

When moose are in a bad mood they are indeed dangerous. And they are in a bad mood quite a lot.

Sold some stuff on ebay and bought new storm hand guards and a nice motec skid plate. My old single mount storm hand guards will be up for sale soon. I think i may be 100% done wirh my nc.

Just 4 miles today to go gas it up. However, did a good 277 miles yesterday, down the road, over the mountains, through the valley and back again. Averaged 79.2mpg.

Not exactly today... but I've been working on the bike since getting it a few weeks ago. Finally took it out on Friday for my first long ride. Left home in Mountain View around 9AM. Rode up Quimby Rd., to Hwy 130, to Mt. Hamilton and Lick Observatory. That is one crazy twisty road. Coming from riding a CSC RX250, it is strange to spend the whole time in 1st and 2nd gear. After a stop, continued east on 130 to Patterson at the interstate 5 junction. Had a great lunch at Apricot Wood BBQ then rode home on 5, to 152, to 101. Bike had no problem keeping up with traffic, unlike the RX3, however, wind protection is minimal and I was tossed around quite a bit. I will probably add a windscreen extension to reduce buffeting on the helmet. I've added adjustable shorty levers and the factory light bar. I can confirm that contrary to the instruction sheets, you do NOT to remove any body panels to attach the bar.

IMG_20170602_101625.jpg
IMG_20170602_101644.jpg
image-20170602_122714.jpg
IMG_20170604_121511.jpg
IMG_20170604_121536.jpg

Not exactly today... but I've been working on the bike since getting it a few weeks ago. Finally took it out on Friday for my first long ride. Left home in Mountain View around 9AM. Rode up Quimby Rd., to Hwy 130, to Mt. Hamilton and Lick Observatory. That is one crazy twisty road. Coming from riding a CSC RX250, it is strange to spend the whole time in 1st and 2nd gear. After a stop, continued east on 130 to Patterson at the interstate 5 junction. Had a great lunch at Apricot Wood BBQ then rode home on 5, to 152, to 101. Bike had no problem keeping up with traffic, unlike the RX3, however, wind protection is minimal and I was tossed around quite a bit. I will probably add a windscreen extension to reduce buffeting on the helmet. I've added adjustable shorty levers and the factory light bar. I can confirm that contrary to the instruction sheets, you do NOT to remove any body panels to attach the bar.

View attachment 33731
View attachment 33732
View attachment 33730
View attachment 33733
View attachment 33734

Small world, the bike before my NC700X was a RX3 too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Years and years ago I was travelling in Norway on a Kawasaki Z1000 ST. The Wife was on the back and we were camping. We were in the northern half of the country and in a forested area heading for the border with Finland. We were on a narrow dirt road. I came around a bend in the road and there was a huge Moose standing in the road staring at us just a few yards ahead. I had never encountered a wild animal that big in the wild previously or in such close proximity. What to do ? I had no idea. Retreating or even turning such a heavy bike with pillion on board with gear was not an option on the loose surface, so we stayed stock still and left the motor ticking over. The stare off took what seemed like ages, but then it just turned around and charged off into the bush. Were we in any danger ? I still have no idea. It was summer time in the Arctic because the sun would just sit on the horizon at midnight and then come straight back up again.

As far as I know, having seen quite a few moose in the road ahead of me, you did exactly the right thing: nothing. Moose are unpredictable, very fast and very agile for such a large animal. I've seen a cow moose and her calf trot up a steep, bare rock face that I would have needed a rope to climb. There is no need to draw attention to yourself by doing something stupid like blowing the horn.

If I remember, there is a small plastic tip you have to bend into place. They are probably afraid grade d mechanics like me will break it, and so advise you to take the panels off as a precaution.

Got in a quick morning ride through the Sacramento Delta area, stopped for a small breakfast and got home while it was still only 87ºF. :cool:

Got out for a nice ride taking advantage of more blue sky spring weather. A couple of hundred miles, a few hours, I was able to use up all my leftover gas that was in my Rotopax containers over the winter. Stopped by a Harbor Freight and bought some impulse items and then tried the new Carl's baby-back rib burger (not bad).

(SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer)

Ray

Last edited:
Low beam on my LED headlight went out a couple weeks. Took it back to Cycle Gear and the gave me a brand new one that is better than the old one !!!!! They stand behind their products.

Greenboy should be limited to one post per week! :)

I was bit intimidated to install my new headlight bulb since the space is pretty tight in there. But these angled extra long needle nose pliers made it super easy to get the spring back on.

c71aa0a13efae0fac7be00910b0fa61b.jpg

I also installed some super cheap helmet wired speakers. Can't go wrong at $4 and I don't have to deal with ear buds no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back