• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Quick comment on the Eat Concepts. i bought one and after about a week, I removed it and sold it. I cycled through several other seat choices, still unhappy. Then I had a Seat Concepts kit built with a ligher foam density that matched my weight, and I shaped the foam, based on knowledge gained from various seat trials, before I installed the cover. Now my SC is a keeper, the best seat I’ve had on the NC. But, n standard form the SC was not good. I think for many people the standard foam density is too stiff.
Thanks Greg. I'm wondering if there is any data on foam density that is easily understandable and available from seat manufacturers. The reason I ask is that the Corbin seats I have had actually seemed to be very dense (maybe more so than the SC) and also extremely comfortable.

Day 82...tried to ride the Airport Loop like I usually do every Sunday, but St Rt 52 which runs parallel to the Ohio River was closed due to flooding of the Ohio. Told you a couple posts ago we have had enough rain lol. Anyhow, turned around headed east where the river came up to but didn't cross the roads in several spots before swinging north. The poor people that had their campers parked along the Ohio had to scramble to get them to higher ground. The bridge in the background is the bridge that runs from the eastern side of Cincinnati into Kentucky.

anyhow 52 miles @ 60 degrees and partly sunny

ufIz0KCh.jpg

Day 83..beautiful day for the Eclipse so far. We are out of the path of totality but should see a 99% eclipse. Took my ride early so my wife and I can drive up to a local park and watch it. 58 miles on the Ridge Loop for today's ride.
I’m camping in the path of totality. No motorcycle, just the RV. Weather is cooperating.

Went for an all morning ride. It felt really odd throwing the leg over the bike while not wearing any insulating layers. Stopped for ice cream before heading home for lunch. 74 degrees today. Never looked at the mileage for the day. 3.5 hours of backroads riding. Speedo shows over 28,000 miles now.
.IMG_4046.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 87... Another day feeling like Bill Murray..woke up early and wasn't raining so I got on the road.. alas a dry ride wasn't to be...Light sprinkles, windy and damp roads for the 49 mile ride @ 50 degrees.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice (fingers crossed)

I finally got a chance to try out my ‘new’ saddleman seat, got around 70 miles on a perfect blue bird day. Do be careful of the local fauna though.IMG_1891.jpeg
And some buffalo at the national refuge.
IMG_1896.jpeg
I was gonna use this photo in the tag thread, but I couldn't find any tree houses today.
IMG_1899.jpeg
And the historic St. Ignatius Mission. 133 yrs old, built two years after Montana gained statehood.
IMG_1900.jpeg

So far the verdict on the seat is that it's heaps better than the OEM one, but definitely not as comfy as the Road Sofa I had on my 'Wing. :)
Oh, and you can sort of see the phone mount on the left handlebar in those pics. I installed a cheap setup just to see how it would do. The plan is to eventually wire up an old GPS I have and mount that. The phone can stay in a pocket or one of the boxes, all the functions I need are available via the Cardo, or if not then it's time for a quick stop any way.

Last edited:
Day 89...started early and cool @ 49 degrees

tYp06GSh.jpg

Forum member Donk from Wisc had traveled to North Carolina to pick up a used NC 750X and was coming thru the area. I promised to meet him part way and guide him thru south western Ohio and into Indiana. He left Portsmouth Ohio at day break headed west on 52/then 125 thru Shawnee State Forest and I did the same from my home headed east on 125, and we met in the middle in West Union Ohio. After a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs and meat, coffee for him, hot tea for me, at a local restaurant, we meandered down some curvy sw Ohio roads before picking up Rt 52, the Ohio River Scenic Byway. The Ohio River, with Kentucky just on the other side, was just receding from reaching flood stage last week and there was still a lot of water close to the road in many places. We took 52 to Cincinnati where we did a jig saw dance thru town that left us on I-74 in Indiana headed toward his Wisc home.
On the way we stopped at 18th President Ulysses S Grants birthplace in Point Pleasant. Amazing how humble and small houses were back then. We stopped in St Leon, Indiana to remove some insulating layers, as the temp had risen to 79 degrees by noon.

Since he knew his way home from here, we said our goodbyes and he headed north west, while I headed south east back to home. Donk is a really nice guy it and was a pleasure to finally meet and ride a piece with him. Thanks for the company Donk! Good ride!

228 miles for me today

2 NC 750X's outside of the restaurant in West Union

sHWRrGdh.jpg

and a Ferret and a Donk lol

yBjtCsjh.jpg

Back