• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Day 1 ....also went on first ride of 2024.... 41 miles @ 37 degrees and some light sprinkles. Surprisingly saw 3 other riders out...all on Harleys, 2 in 1 group and a single rider. Yes, we all waved

THbz0Fxh.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2 ...I was going to skip riding today. Was waiting on a call back from the Dr as I'm still having an issue with my lower left leg. I hadn't had a day off from riding since August 15th of last year, and thought a break might be nice, plus it wasn't a beautiful day out (but not terrible...mid 30's and cloudy) ..... but by 3 PM I was bored out of my skull, went up and got dressed and went for a short 30 mile "nothing but curves" ride. I hadn't gone 3 miles and found myself smiling in my helmet, and felt uplifted for the next 27 miles till I got home. It was a great little loop. Man, I love riding

Last edited:
New years day, went riding with the north central Florida motorcycle Facebook group. 174 miles. Started at 47' f and warmed up to 70'f. Ride back roads in Levy, Marion, and Citrus counties, Ozello trail (at a nice clip- got the bike to 6000rpms a couple of times). Stopped at Pecks for lunch but they had an hour wait time so I rode back home alone.

Day 6...was supposed to wake up to an inch of snow according to the weather terrorists, but when I woke up the deck was just wet and nothing was coming down. Overcast all day but no more precip so headed out at 2 pm to overcast skies, 41 degrees and partially damp roads for the 48 mile ride on the 450 Loop backwards.

Installed a puig sport screen but shimmed it out with a rubber grommet and washer to allow air to get behind it. The screws that came with it were plenty long enough.
Was looking at this exact screen. How do you like it?

Warm here today (high of 52) but I heard the rain start at 3am, raining hard still now at 10:30am and supposed to continue to rain until this evening. Glad this isn't snow lol.

I don't mind getting caught in the rain, but I hate getting geared up and taking off in it.

Think my current streak of riding days is going to end at 146 (last day I missed riding was Aug 15th last year)

Was looking at this exact screen. How do you like it?
I took it for a ride. 45 degrees wind out of the sw 11mph. Because of the cold you can definitely where the wind is hitting. Up to 55-60 just a nice clean stream of air hitting your helmet. I wear a shoei neotec 2 full face modular XL. I rode north on the interstate at 75 mph with the wind then back south into the wind at 75mph.

At 75 wind is definitely hitting your upper chest/shoulders of my jacket but is still not shaking the helmet. I wear glasses so I know what helmet buffetting shaking your glasses feels like. You can feel the wind moving you around when you get into the turbulence caused by a semi ahead of you or a car/truck. Once you are back out into clean air its good again.

Into a 11 mph wind at 75 mph the effect is more from the wind hitting your shoulders than the helmet. Im 5' 10" with a 32" inseam.

I shimmed the sport shield out with a rubber grommet and rubber washer on each screw. I did not try the shield without shimming it out so I cant report what its like just bolted on. My concours 14 has a big vent in the oem shield you can open and it makes a difference is why I shimmed out the puig sport shield.

The sport shield is fine for me but I also have the better wind protection of the concours if I want to go 80-85 to the next state and back.

The nc750x came with a big cal tech shield on it that had a vent but I just didn't like the look. Im not getting helmet buffeting with the puig sport shield shimmed out and dont mind the wind Im getting so no changes for now.

If you do decide to shim a sport shield out I got the rubber grommets and rubber washers at westlake hardware. Get the upper and lower front brake side screws started and in to where they are to the bottom of the rubber well nuts. Then pull the shield over towards the clutch side with one hand while trying to start a upper or lower left side screw. The rubber well nuts are flexible so they will flex and let the screw start at a angle. Don't cross thread the screw trying to start it. Turn it backwards a half turn then forward to help start it.

Once all the screws are started you can snug them down and its all good. I started the front brake side screws first so that when I started pulling the shield over I would be pulling the bike towards the kick stand and not away from it

Took the bike out to the shops today. She has been sitting for a few days as had flu. I needed to try out a new pair of boots and try to get some riding in before the snow comes.
Boots fine but may have caused a stall at lights ( always have to get used to new boots). Weird thing was that the instrument light didn't come on when I restarted the bike but did when I started it at home. Could be the battery needing a good charge. It was a rather dark evening so a bit strange without the display.
I'm not off until Sunday so will hopefully get a good ride done then. Snow is due on Monday.

Took her out after work. Getting a tad lighter as sunset is 16:30 so not bad at 17:00.
Didn't use the heated grips and kept the revs up to give the battery a good charge for over an hour tootling about. Back roads a bit slippy and it is cold. Getting used to the boots but will be back on my old boots this weekend. The new ones are waterproof but not as warm as my touring boots. I still need to put on the new spots I bought months ago.
They have revised the forecast to icy but no snow. I'd rather have the snow as that means I won't have to go to the office.

Back