• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Day 9..after 2 days of absolute crap weather, 1.6" of rain Tuesday, rain snow and 30-50mph winds Wednesday (and missing 2 days of riding) today was sunny and got up to 47 for my 41 mile ride.

Tomorrow another front is supposed to come in even worse than the one at the beginning of the week followed by Arctic air. Ugg January (and February)... tough on a motorcyclist

Odd morning today. After an all night rain the high temprature of the day was 56 degree F at around 6:00 am. It was drizzelling when I left on a 60 mile ride to meet for breakfast with the motorcycle club. The ride was in and out of rain and drizzle with a strong wing for the whole trip. The temperature dropped continuously all morning down to the low 40s at 11:00. The rain gear worked great and my new Kemimoto Handlebar Muffs are nice. 20 minutes after getting home the sun came out but the temperature continued to drop. 120 wet miles for the day.

Last edited:
110 miles on Saturday to go see friends in the mountains between L.A. and Mojave. Intentionally missed a turn to add 30 miles of good twisties, up Bouquet Canyon to a surprisingly completely full Bouquet Reservoir.

Took her to the office today, as we hit 70 by lunchtime. Probably the same tomorrow, before some rain this weekend.

Day 11 ... 24 mile sunrise ride to collect a 2 fer... a new low for the NC (3 degrees) and a new high (39K miles)

rz4rYf2h.jpg

h7jTDAMh.jpg

Last edited:
Its the Nelson Rigg sport tailbag, the smallest of the 3 they make. It is expandable to about twice that high. Holds more than one would think. Not a helmet though.

Its the Nelson Rigg sport tailbag, the smallest of the 3 they make. It is expandable to about twice that high. Holds more than one would think. Not a helmet though.
If that’s the sport then it’s the second smallest. The commuter lite is the smallest.

If that’s the sport then it’s the second smallest. The commuter lite is the smallest.

I stand corrected, thanks

There's a tiny tag in it that says CL 1060 S2 i think, which makes it the Commuter Sport I believe

Last edited:
Day 12 ... Had stuff to do this morning, and there was a winter storm warning with accumulation predicted starting at 5 PM so at 3:30 I got on the road.... 33 miles @ 33 degrees and cloudy.

Went out to give the bike a run after the ice had melted. We are due storm Isha tomorrow. Wind is already picking up.
The bike is a bit cruddy from the back roads mud and grit so will need a wash. She didn't miss a beat and stuck to the muddy wet roads like glue.
I also used some amalgamating tape on the old spotlight cables. I haven't worked out if I will use those wires (wired to headlights) or remove and put in a new switched loom through the thunder box.
That can wait for the good weather.
I will see how the weather is tomorrow. May get a ride in. If not, post storm will be the weekly trip to work.

One of my riding buddies and I rode 180 miles RT up to Sebring to look at the new Transalp. We called, mid-week, to see if it was on the floor and they told us it would be built on Thursday or Friday and it would be on the sales floor on Saturday. Unfortunately, it never left the warehouse and we did not get to see it. HAd a really good lunch though! But my buddy did look at the Rebel 1100 and the MT07. He liked the Rebel quite a bit but the MT07 did not pass muster compared to the MT09 for him. I did sit on a 2011 Can am spyder which was really clean and also comfy. It was tempting at the price. Anyhow, the NC ran fine but I am still considering a few other options (Triumph Tiger 850 or 900GT, Tracer 9 GT or GT+, and the new Africa Twin ASES if it comes here). I'd like to do two trips, one from here to Ontario to visit family and friends, the other someplace out West, before I am 60. I am pretty sure the NC is not the right bike for me for those two extended trips.

One of my riding buddies and I rode 180 miles RT up to Sebring to look at the new Transalp. We called, mid-week, to see if it was on the floor and they told us it would be built on Thursday or Friday and it would be on the sales floor on Saturday. Unfortunately, it never left the warehouse and we did not get to see it. HAd a really good lunch though! But my buddy did look at the Rebel 1100 and the MT07. He liked the Rebel quite a bit but the MT07 did not pass muster compared to the MT09 for him. I did sit on a 2011 Can am spyder which was really clean and also comfy. It was tempting at the price. Anyhow, the NC ran fine but I am still considering a few other options (Triumph Tiger 850 or 900GT, Tracer 9 GT or GT+, and the new Africa Twin ASES if it comes here). I'd like to do two trips, one from here to Ontario to visit family and friends, the other someplace out West, before I am 60. I am pretty sure the NC is not the right bike for me for those two extended trips.
Motorcycle likes and dislikes vary by individual, of course. I was in a shop 2 weeks ago that had a Transalp on the display floor. It was a top heavy looking motorcycle, and really, really ugly in that matte black color. I spent 10 seconds looking it over, and moved on. It did not interest me at all. The red, white, blue, and black CRF300L Rally next to it looked much more appealing - more stylish, nimble, and lighter weight in appearance.

I’m quite happy to keep my NC700X.

Motorcycle likes and dislikes vary by individual, of course. I was in a shop 2 weeks ago that had a Transalp on the display floor. It was a top heavy looking motorcycle, and really, really ugly in that matte black color. I spent 10 seconds looking it over, and moved on. It did not interest me at all. The red, white, blue, and black CRF300L Rally next to it looked much more appealing - more stylish, nimble, and lighter weight in appearance.

Eye of the beholder. It's not the right next bike for me; we were just going to look at it. I don't disagree it looks top heavy.

As I work at a dealer, I had a chance to borrow a Transalp for the weekend very early on. I was shocked by how much I liked it, as my expectations were mediocre. Yes, it’s top-heavy (compared to the NC, most things are), but it was a fantastic bike to ride. I’m not a fan of the big ADV bikes; I owned an R80G/S back in the day, and I firmly believe all ADV bikes should try to be modern versions of that, not Gold Wings with dirt pretensions. As for the CRF300s, they’re not comparable to the Transalp. Totally different things. I would be more likely to buy a CRF300 (not the Rally) than a Transalp, but that’s because it would be more useful to me, not because there’s anything wrong with the Transalp.

The snow is melting slowly here, but I had some more stuff to do to my NC700S. I added Pazzo adjustable levers, and an SW-Motech ball mount for accessories. Our distributor had the SW Motech ball on clearance, so if you like the idea, check your supplier. It was cheap as chips, and makes it easy to pop a phone or GoPro mount on the bike as needed, without being in the way when not needed.
IMG_1783.jpeg

Back