• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenboy should be limited to one post per week! :)

I was bit intimidated to install my new headlight bulb since the space is pretty tight in there. But these angled extra long needle nose pliers made it super easy to get the spring back on.

c71aa0a13efae0fac7be00910b0fa61b.jpg

I also installed some super cheap helmet wired speakers. Can't go wrong at $4 and I don't have to deal with ear buds no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turning green with envy? ;)
Yeah it's easy to be jealous he posts some amazing pics and quite often.
Those pliers look like the ones I got from harbor fright 10 or 11 years ago, I still have them

At some point in the last week, my 2014 NC rolled over 20,000 miles. While the LCD wont show it (I have had it swapped out) with adding the numbers up from the service sticker and the display, I am sitting right at 20,400 and change. Wow. That seemed like so far away when I got it.

And today was such a nice ride in, and should be a good ride home, as well.

Sorry guys -- it's got to be this way. I didn't buy motorcycles to play Jonny Racer or just to buy and install farkles. And I want to feel like I didn't blow money on a camera ; }

2017-06-03 14;26;40 by greenboy, on Flickr

I rode my brand new 2013 NC700X to the dealership where I bought it and picked up some venting bolts for Buell Lightning heads for a new Harley Sportster Bobber I just completed ready for my first bike show.
20170606_144301.jpg

I rode south to find the Transamerica trail and rode the first half or so of Oklahoma map 2.
Most was paved or parallel to a paved road. There was one touchy section, a series of fairly steep hills with loose gravel.

The trip to get there and back was about 175 miles, and my back was a little sore.
When I got home I washed the NC and lubed the chain.

Coming back I was right into a 25 mph head wind and fuel mileage was not very good.
It is possible I was dragging the rear brake some. I was wearing my semi dirt boots, and the sole is so stiff I cannot feel light pressure on the brake. I try to remind myself when I wear those. I think it is harder since I put the lower foot pegs on. I have not yet lowered the brake pedal.

Was commuting home from work and almost got run over by a "big, cool, giant-tire, my wiener is tiny, truck".

Was in 3 lane highway traffic at 70mph and I was driving with a nice 3+ car gap in front of me, and this truck was to my right in the slow lane, and out of nowhere he just cut over. Luckly I had no one in the left most lane and quickly got over. I was next to this moron for several miles.. But after I was safe I looked over.... TEXTING AWAY.
IDK about passengers, phones should use already installed accelerometers and if you are over 10mph it should lock. TOOOO dangerous as it is.

Was commuting home from work and almost got run over by a "big, cool, giant-tire, my wiener is tiny, truck".

Was in 3 lane highway traffic at 70mph and I was driving with a nice 3+ car gap in front of me, and this truck was to my right in the slow lane, and out of nowhere he just cut over. Luckly I had no one in the left most lane and quickly got over. I was next to this moron for several miles.. But after I was safe I looked over.... TEXTING AWAY.
IDK about passengers, phones should use already installed accelerometers and if you are over 10mph it should lock. TOOOO dangerous as it is.

Apple's announced new iOS 11 will have a feature like this that triggers automatically when the iPhone connects via Bluetooth or cable to the car[emoji122].

Of course, it can be disabled by the user. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly wet ride to the gym this Am at 5:15, but dried out by the time I went to work at 7:30.

Also...
1) Loving these hard bags... I have everything I need all the time. LOVE THEM. Work stuff, gym stuff, Lunch, rain gear, bike cover... cleaner... AWESOME.

2) Finally sorted out my tiny graphics... I love the little 1200A on the BMW's so I've been messing with different colors and styles and placements of some vinyl graphics on the NC.
Finally got it. 2" total size, Black with a small silver outline, placed on the corner of the front section so it flows with the lines... It may not be for everyone, but I like it!

20170607_074353.jpg

20170607_074332.jpg

20170607_074404.jpg

Last edited:
Last Friday, June 2, I tried to ride my club's Bayley-Hazen Military Road ride with my son Max. We got about 30 miles into the 83 mile ride when it started to rain. Max doesn't like riding in the rain especially on dirt roads so we went home. The next day on Saturday I rode to Silver Lake campground in Barnard, VT to our Puppy Dog ride dinner. I did not ride the Puppy Dog but did make it in time to be the next to last person on line for dinner. It was delicious. On Sunday I rode to Tozier's restaurant on Route 107 in Bethel VT for our June club meeting. The rain held off for the most part over the 3 days I spent riding. All of the routes for our club rides are at our old web page: BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont: Rides. I've been riding every day, pouring rain or not. My new-to-me two piece Aerostich Roadcrafter does not leak.

Rode the little girl to work this morning. It was cool at 52'F at Interstate speeds but this afternoon will be a chamber of commerce day-clear skies, low humidity and high around 72-75'F. Take the long way home this afternoon.

The photos are nice, but are they somehow related to the NC700/750?
Sometimes I wonder if I should start posting all my scenic slide show pics here that I can't get anyone to watch at home? Personally I try to just post pics with my NC' in the frame or showing some improvement I'm proud to show off. Facebook or a specific thread is where I put all my non-NC' personal scenic or museum posts. Just my 2-cents, others mileage may very.

Ray

Last edited:
Rode the little girl to work this morning. It was cool at 52'F at Interstate speeds but this afternoon will be a chamber of commerce day-clear skies, low humidity and high around 72-75'F. Take the long way home this afternoon.

I wish I had more time today to be on it. I rode in yesterday and today, and plan on it tomorrow as well. Spring-like weather for the week, steam bath weather for the weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back