• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use an Omni cruise throttle lock.
I have a cramp buster too, but I don't like how much grip space it takes up.
That's why I use this type (I bought a different brand I don't recall) -- it's narrower and can be way out at the edge of the barkbusters outer guard, and has some rubbery give to it that'll alleviate most throttle "accidents".
Hand Grips' Black Rubber Throttle Boss Motorcycle Cruise Control Assist Rocker | eBay
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Skookum got an oil/filter/filter change, cleaned the detritus (dead flashlight and such) out of the frunk. Going for a ride this afternoon.

Btw.... I checked tread depth on my Roadsmart II tires (at 8,000 miles) and they are looking really good. I'd guess there's another 2-3k life in these.
>T

that's why i use this type (i bought a different brand i don't recall) -- it's narrower and can be way out at the edge of the barkbusters outer guard, and has some rubbery give to it that'll alleviate most throttle "accidents".
hand grips' black rubber throttle boss motorcycle cruise control assist rocker | ebay
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

this is exactly what i use!! Love my Throttle Boss! Best and cheapest throttle lock out there IMHO!

Just slide it so it's halfway off the end of the grip and half on the bar end and it will hold your throttle right where you leave it.. .. easy to roll on or off

Last edited:
this is exactly what i use!! Love my Throttle Boss! Best and cheapest throttle lock out there
You guys are killing me with these neat nickel and dime farckles! Ordered mine early this morning, ugh.

BTW, don't stop, I'll just try a better way to keep my plastic hidden out of reach. I feel like I'm worse controlling myself than the president waking to a live twitter feed.

Ray

If our trip to Europe next year firms up, putting my NC' in that line and sharing a cup of joe with you is being penciled onto my bucket list.

Ray

We will be very happy to see you Ray.
If you manage to do your trip send me a pm to arrange a motoride together to beautifull places.

Since Thursday, NC is my only motorized transportation. Catalytic converter was stolen from my car on Wednesday night.

Crazy! I ever heard of that before, but I guess it's a big city thing. Sorry to hear you have to deal with it. Damn kids.

Had to drive to gym and work today... first day it's 78 deg at 5am. ERRRR.

THEN.... my wife calls me and asks if we can go to a concert in July, her favorite artist. Since she let me get Willie Nelson tickets for Sept I said yes....

NEVER Say YES BEFORE CHECKING DATES... OF COURSE THE CONCERT IS THE SAME DAY AS THE AMA VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE DAYS AT MID-OHIO. WTF FATE. REALLY?!?!?
I live in Cleveland, for once an awesome motorcycle weekend is just an hour and a half away. Yes I can go on Sunday, but all the good stuff happens on Saturday... ARRGGHH. Should have been a hermit... so mad.

Went for a ride with the wife to breakfast today. The restaurant has little parking spaces for motorcycles. We got out early to beat the heat and the wind. (That's her Honda Reflex. I ride it a lot, too).

I took the photo from the front angle so the license plates wouldn't show. :)

IMG_0175.jpg

Since it got even hotter out, they've gone crazy dumping gravel on some of the roads. Must be careful.

IMG_2749.jpg

Last edited:
Ruh-Roh-Doh!!

Had to take some minor detours this morning for errands on the way to work. Beautiful day so I decided to leave a little early and take a more scenic route to the office after my stops. Get done the errands and back on the bike and the DCT won't leave neutral and get into gear. Rock it back and forth, walk it back a few feet and forward a few feet, no strange noises and still won't leave neutral. Turn it off and turn it back on. Nope, still no go. I'm thinking that of all of the mornings for this to happen it's the one where I have actually planned a cool ride to work!! That sinking feeling is beginning to hit the stomach. Start thinking about what posts I've read about DCT issues and I'm figuring that I'm just going to have to grab my phone and look up the forum to see what additional steps I might be able to take before calling it in. Go to put my kickstand down and it's already down. What? Wow! I guess I was already a few steps ahead of myself and managed to forget to put it up. Flick it up, turn on the bike and voila, DCT shifts into 1st with no issues.

Knucklehead moment. Can happen at anytime!! At least I still had time to take my scenic route, and I enjoyed the rest of my ride in while contemplating whether to admit to my morning folly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back