• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wintering NC750X

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow riders. I’m am at 20,000 Km. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this. I had my bike fully serviced 4000km ago and now putting it away for the winter. Everything is in perfect order and I am thinking about just a good cleaning oil up the chain a little gasoline stabilizer and put it on the battery tender. It is stored in an unheated garage. Is there anything else I should do before the winter???

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. I wouldn’t do it differently, nor do any more. Do make sure there are no constant electrical loads, like a USB outlet drawing power. Storing in an unheated garage will be the best environment for the battery as cold temperatures reduce self discharge. You almost wouldn’t need the battery tender, but it doesn’t hurt since you have it and you have power.

If you know the coolant is fresh and good to whatever temperatures you will experience, that would be the only thing concerning to me. If you can, run the tank as low as possible and fill (maybe not fill all the way) with ethanol free gas to reduce the chance of water accumulation. But a few months shouldn't be enough to have issues even with regular gas.

If you get a chance to ride, do it!

I put in stabilizer, cover her up and sigh as I pass it every day. She's always started up like a champ every spring. Actually I do the same with my cruiser and it's just as happy to start. I used a battery tender on my scooter when I had one, it had a tiny battery. One year I forgot to and it started up great so I stopped using it.

One flaw in my process: I always intend on giving it a good bath before putting it to bed but I tend to ride it till freezing weather and no cleaners work well below freezing so in spring she looks like hell and I have to give her a deep clean!

Ride it---when its cold but no snow or ice just go out and ride it for a bit---also its not a bad idea to have a fan on a timer in an unheated garage to keep the condensation down --I have an old bath vent fan wired to a timer that turns it on a couple of times a day-moves the air around and blows some out to a vent located near the peak of the roof. Keeps the toys in the garage dry.

On my snowmobile I put the stabilizer in first on a low tank, run or drive it a bit so the injectors get a good dose of it, then fill the tank to the top so I don't get condensation. Batteries like to be charged, so I also charge it twice during the summer and after 6 sleds there never has been a problem.

Back