• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X DCT buggy build

Hello to all of you NC fans!

I am new to this forum. My name is Sebastijan and I come from Slovenia (EU).

I starter this project of swaping a PGO Bugrider 250cc buggy with a 2018 NC750X DCT engine. I just think this is a perfect engine for such a project. But it is not easy to make it work with this DCT transmission, ABS and so on.

So... I have a few questions...

First one is:
Is it possible to make this engine work without the ABS unit? I know it depends on ABS sensors to work with the transmission, but I see there is a Dyno Tool that you connect to DIAG connector and lets you go throo gears with only rear tire spinning. So this is half of the solution...but... Is it possible to only use speed sensor from the output shaft? In theory this one spins synchronised with rear abs sensor, so I don't se the point of having both.

Next question: HISS. Is there a way to disable it?

Third question: Do I need original instruments/dash or will this engine work without it? (with aftermasket unit)

Thank you so much for your answers!

Best regards!
First I’m going to say this can be done and if’s done correctly it’s going to be amazing fun to ride, get a pre 2016 ECU from us no hiss and no abs, then u don’t worry about fault trouble.
Then you get it up running and getting it dyno checked so you can set it up for your wheel size whit the correct gearing, because it needs same gearing as standard spec for having a correct shift pattern or u will get fuck’t

First I’m going to say this can be done and if’s done correctly it’s going to be amazing fun to ride, get a pre 2016 ECU from us no hiss and no abs, then u don’t worry about fault trouble.
Then you get it up running and getting it dyno checked so you can set it up for your wheel size whit the correct gearing, because it needs same gearing as standard spec for having a correct shift pattern or u will get fuck’t
Is there pre 2016 US spec with DCT without ABS??? I know that there is no HISS for US market, but to not have ABS with DCT...this I didn't know...

Is there pre 2016 US spec with DCT without ABS??? I know that there is no HISS for US market, but to not have ABS with DCT...this I didn't know...
I’m pretty sure I have read that on a Facebook nc forum 750 from 15. But I’m not 100 % sure if DCT or manual transmission. But I’m pretty sure it could be tweaked in the ECU like u have to connect some wires different to get rid off hiss problem

The main thing you need is the service manual for this NC750 model. There won't be direct answers to your questions, but it will indirectly allow you to conclude how the system works. Especially the list of DTC code definitions will allow you to conclude what may not work if the system (PCM) does not receive the expected information.
E.g. depending on the version, there is two-way serial communication between the PCM and the combination meter (instruments/dash) so I would think that the original combination meter would be required.

View attachment 53540
After reading this I think it will work without original combination meter. It only stores DTC:

"If there is any problem in the serial communication, the PCM stores DTC
86-1. Read the DTC (page 4-13)"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-18-09-44-54.png
    Screenshot_2024-02-18-09-44-54.png
    991.5 KB · Views: 3
After reading this I think it will work without original combination meter. It only stores DTC:

"If there is any problem in the serial communication, the PCM stores DTC
86-1. Read the DTC (page 4-13)"
It seems to me that you may be relying on the wrong version of the service manual. Generally, information about DCT operation overlaps across different NC generations. But, for example, in earlier versions of NC, the VS signal first went to the combination meter and from there, after processing into a digital signal, it was sent to the PCM. If the PCM did not receive the correct signal, the DCT may not function (Section 12, DTC 66-1).
But in the 2021 NC version, in the wiring diagram I sent you, I see that the VS signal goes to the ECM_C module. So the entire DTC structure can already be significantly modified.
Having the correct version of the service manual can be of great help to you.

It seems to me that you may be relying on the wrong version of the service manual. Generally, information about DCT operation overlaps across different NC generations. But, for example, in earlier versions of NC, the VS signal first went to the combination meter and from there, after processing into a digital signal, it was sent to the PCM. If the PCM did not receive the correct signal, the DCT may not function (Section 12, DTC 66-1).
But in the 2021 NC version, in the wiring diagram I sent you, I see that the VS signal goes to the ECM_C module. So the entire DTC structure can already be significantly modified.
Having the correct version of the service manual can be of great help to you.
Thank you for this. Today I found and bought 2016 to 2020 version of service manual. But it is only US versions...so again some things in the manual are missing...like in the wiring diagram there is no HISS. I will read this one for now. But would like to find EU manual soon.

I have another problem. When I bought the engine with all the wiring and everything, the ECM that came with it was opened. (Somebody tryed to open it) The seller said he doesn't know why so he is selling it to me as a non working ECM but with the key if it maybe does work. But it looks like it doesn't. I connected everything, and wanted to start the engine, and nothing. No fuel pump sound. No cranking. Nothing... I tested all the fuses. All ok. Tryed everything from this list down...nothing. So I guess it is dead...anybody has a spare ECM?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-18-09-44-54.png
    Screenshot_2024-02-18-09-44-54.png
    991.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240218_173022.jpg
    20240218_173022.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 6
... the ECM that came with it was opened. (Somebody tryed to open it) ...
Looking at the photo of the ECM you bought, the question arises: who was so high as to destroy such an expensive device as this controller?
A quick check shows that this ECM was installed on 2016, 2017 NC750 models.
Being here on the other side of the big pond, it's a bit ironic for me to look for answers anywhere in the world but here.
You can't avoid this, but you need to be sure that all the components of a given model fit together. OEM vendors have quite good information and in Europe such information is quite extensive compared to the US market. Here is an example of one such page.

S1.jpg
S2.jpg
S3.jpg
S4.jpg

Looking at the photo of the ECM you bought, the question arises: who was so high as to destroy such an expensive device as this controller?
A quick check shows that this ECM was installed on 2016, 2017 NC750 models.
Being here on the other side of the big pond, it's a bit ironic for me to look for answers anywhere in the world but here.
You can't avoid this, but you need to be sure that all the components of a given model fit together. OEM vendors have quite good information and in Europe such information is quite extensive compared to the US market. Here is an example of one such page.

View attachment 53601
View attachment 53602
View attachment 53603
View attachment 53604
I assume there was some problem with the bike not starting or something and somebody tryed to open it to fix it but didn't finish it...maybe...who knows...
I don't know if there is some company doing repairs here...have to check... Or mybe it is just faster and cheaper to find another ECM. But there are not that many out there and are expensive. I found one 38770-mkl-c02. If belive it is for 2018 DCT US market without HISS and without EVAP. Am I correct? I think this one would fit...

... somebody tryed to open it to fix it but didn't finish it...maybe...who knows...
I don't know if there is some company doing repairs here...have to check...
These types of devices cannot be repaired. Even to get to integrated circuits, you must have the skills and tools of a paleontologist with knowledge of electronics and access to specialized equipment. Even if someone were to repair such a PCM, the cost of such an operation would be many times higher than the value of purchasing a new one.

These types of devices cannot be repaired. Even to get to integrated circuits, you must have the skills and tools of a paleontologist with knowledge of electronics and access to specialized equipment. Even if someone were to repair such a PCM, the cost of such an operation would be many times higher than the value of purchasing a new one.
There is a way to test it. I just read it in the manual... I'll try it in the morning...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-19-04-54-40.png
    Screenshot_2024-02-19-04-54-40.png
    1 MB · Views: 7
Hello all again. I came a long way from the last post, buggy would be ready for first test drive in maybe few days, but...now I made a big mistake while extending the wiring harness. So...I killed the new ECM that I ordered from US just a month ago... Don't ask me how, as I will cry telling it...sooo...
Does anyone know for a good 2017-2020 NC750 DCT ECM that I could buy? (again). I just can't find one. Only place that I know to look in US is eBay but I can't find one there. Any other places to look for?

This place has pages and pages of ECUs

DO you by chance have the part number you are looking for?

This place has pages and pages of ECUs

DO you by chance have the part number you are looking for?
Thank you! But I can't find any for NC750 on that link.

I do have part numbers:

38770-MKL-C51 (year 2018)
or
38770-MKL-C02 (year 2019 and 2020 - this one I had now and it worked)

Back