• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Got some cheap engine guard bars off of Amazon and mounted them . Bars are only 1"- didn't buy them for protection, bought them to have better place to mount led lights. I am frugal (another word for really cheap).
View attachment 53830View attachment 53831
What, when I have a perfectly good no-name set of guards in the classifieds? I’m hurt. :D

Well, what I did today was to ride my NC700S immediately after an hour and a half on the Himalayan. As in, I parked the Himalayan, got on the NC, rode away. I realized I had never ridden them on the same day before. Very weird. The NC felt… smaller! It felt more solid, but more compact. The seat height isn’t that different, and the NC has a longer wheelbase, but it sure didn’t feel like it. Oh, and I’d already noticed that the NC feels much faster after riding the Himalayan. :p

Today I removed the Honda Accessory 45L top case and drilled two holes in the luggage rack in order to mount the Z255 Givi universal Monokey base plate that's been collecting dust in my garage for a long time. I can remove the Givi base plate in the future to reinstall the Honda box if I want to but I've Givi 46L and V33 top cases that served on other bikes I have since sold. The V33 was my favorite size top case on the previous NC. It is just large enough to hold a full face or modular helmet, gloves, jacket liner. It looks big in these pictures but it's smaller than the Honda 45L.

IMG_4159.jpeg

IMG_4160.jpeg

Today I removed the Honda Accessory 45L top case and drilled two holes in the luggage rack in order to mount the Z255 Givi universal Monokey base plate that's been collecting dust in my garage for a long time. I can remove the Givi base plate in the future to reinstall the Honda box if I want to but I've Givi 46L and V33 top cases that served on other bikes I have since sold. The V33 was my favorite size top case on the previous NC. It is just large enough to hold a full face or modular helmet, gloves, jacket liner. It looks big in these pictures but it's smaller than the Honda 45L.

View attachment 53905

View attachment 53906
Nice. My 35 L topcaseIMG_20240310_174540.jpg

Day 93...a beautiful day for lunch which included a 103 mile ride @ 78 degrees and sunny

Lunch stop

3 NC's my '21, my son's FIL Jim's '19 and my nephew's new 23...and my brother's Triumph Bonnie.

or6v06bh.jpg

Not all done today, but over the last 2 weeks: 20" Madstad shield, barkbusters, OEM heated grips, accessory outlet, and lighting upgrade (I have a different thread detailing that install for anyone curious). Surprisingly I don't completely hate the stock seat, but I need more time on it to see. Also threw on Shad 3P brackets since I have the new SH38X side cases on order. Anybody take a look at those yet? https://www.shadusa.com/products/sh38x-expandable-side-cases?variant=47715110945048

IMG_4465.jpg
IMG_4466.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg

Did my 96k km service today.
Air filter need a change.
PXL_20240421_213544616.jpg
Also did the clutch cable.
PXL_20240421_235553872.jpg
Measuring the old and new cable showed the old cable being significantly longer. I was told by a technician that it seemed stretched. There also seemed to be a noticeable kink in the cable. I chose to slightly modify the routing of the new cable. Lost a fairing screw...*sigh*

Day 97... rode the 756/505 South Loop today, 62 miles @ 55 degrees and sunny. Had a stupid truck pull out in front of me from the left just as I was entering a small village. I had the right of way and he had a stop sign. Was able to get around his fender. It was close, real close. A lot of yelling inside my helmet!

15C and sunny. Took a lovely 150 km ride to the ocean. Considering I live a few hundred metres from the ocean, that took some doing. Winding country roads, not much traffic.

Stopped on the way home and spent $14.01 CDN on two spare keys. One will be converted to a frunk/fuel knob, the other kept for emergencies. Considering that the Honda blank retails for about $40 CDN, and I went to a proper locksmith, not a hardware store, I’d call that a good deal.

Day 100 .... was a family affair. Take our normal Thursday ride to lunch group of me, my younger brother and my son's fil..add (1) my son) (2) our Cincinnati nephew (3) our Nevada nephew who flew in for an other occasion and you have a pack lol. 79 miles of country curvy roads riding starting at 46 degrees going to 61 degrees and sunny

lunch at the country Inn in Georgetown Ohio

F74hFmCh.jpg

dessert at the Pink Pig aka Chilo Dairy bar in Chilo Ohio

OnLgE19h.jpg

h5nxHiGh.jpg

3 NC 750s, a CB500X, a Yamaha MT10 and a Triumph Bonneville

Last edited:
Back