• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yumpin' yeesus, everybody going to weigh in on this now? by now everybody should know what an NC looks like ; }

bad photographer -- bad photographer!!! naughty naughty!!!

NOTE: 250+ miles of windy up and down and often fast motorcycle riding took place to get these shots. Specifically the Honda NC700X was used and much fun was had -- though in these three of 160 or so shots it is not visible. My apologies.

I watched these and a few other mountain goats come down from the steep perilous heights while feeding. One wider shot among the many close-ups.

2017-06-07 12;47;30 by greenboy, on Flickr

Twin Eagle Falls was running so hard the air was full of spray and mist for at least 100 feet and the lens had to be cleaned after the shot. The upper falls was running so hard one could only occasionally see the lower falls blasting out from the cave behind it.

2017-06-07 16;10;25 by greenboy, on Flickr

Elsewhere, I came upon a Bighorn Sheep infant.

2017-06-07 15;33;01 by greenboy, on Flickr

Mother Nature is definitely in bipolar mode. 48'F (in June in Louisville!!) this morning riding in, going to be 78'F this afternoon; 90's on Sunday.

Picked up some passengers (yes, plural!!)

Put my work bag on my rear carrier after removing the bike cover. Went to grab one of the Rok straps to fasten the bag down and almost shook 'hands' with this mother and her babies! :eek:
20170608_073837-web.jpg

I rode about 170 miles total. Rode to a friend's house, then the two of us went to Altamont, Kansas to meet a guy for lunch.
No Rolling Stones or Hell's Angels were sighted.
I discovered that the right mirror extender I put on to get the Madstad around the mirror bar keeps me from using the throttle lock, so I will probabaly take the extender off and put the stock windshield back on to improve cooling.

Today was pleasant, 82 or so. It was 88 and a dry 25 mph wind Tuesday and I think I got a little dehydrated.

82 = 28
88 = 31
25 mph = 40 kph

Last edited:
Reinstalled stock windshield and took off mirror extender.
1. More air.
2. Handlebars turn to lock again.
3. Throttle lock no longer hits mirror stem, which restricted throttle turn.

I rode an NC700 today for the first time since returning from KSL8 on May 21. Snow skiing (yes, in Colorado in May) and dirt bike riding (St Joe Park, Missouri), and boating/wakeboarding took up some of my time.

Today marks the end of the spring riding season, as the local road commissioner started sprinkling pea gravel on the country roads. They do this when it's hot and the cheaply made Illinois roads start melting. Ball bearings in the corners are not very inviting. My riding will pick up again in September.

IMG_0173.jpg

Last edited:
I rode an NC700 today for the first time since returning from KSL8 on May 21. Snow skiing (yes, in Colorado in May) and dirt bike riding (St Joe Park, Missouri), and boating/wakeboarding took up some of my time.

Today marks the end of the spring riding season, as the local road commissioner started sprinkling pea gravel on the country roads. They do this when it's hot and the cheaply made Illinois roads start melting. Ball bearings in the corners are not very inviting. My riding will pick up again in September.

View attachment 33785
Well that sucks. I understand the practical reason for putting the gravel down now but that sucks.

I use an Omni cruise throttle lock.
I have a cramp buster too, but I don't like how much grip space it takes up.

Pea gravel over tarmac or whatever [semi]-paved surface will still act much like ball bearings regardless of type of tire. It's found around here on pavement, spottier by summer but still in lane centers and intersections and shoulders for three seasons. Always have to be watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back