• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My problem is not temperatures, as I wear only the mesh section of my jacket and a mesh sport tee when it's hotter, and that works nicely."

Well, I guess that would keep you cool, but I recommend some pants.

Jokes aside, it gets HOT here. And humid. 95 with 90% humidity is possible.
(For the rest of the world, 95 is 35 Celsius.)

Last edited:
dc88c35ef06509ed8dbca551fe4f954c.jpg

Jokes aside, it gets HOT here. And humid. 95 with 90% humidity is possible.
(For the rest of the world, 95 is 35 Celsius.)
It gets that hot and nearly as humid here, sometimes though seldom up in the mid-100s with big humidity. But past 80-85 I have to admit I don't notice much difference between riding with no windshield or with one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the girl this morning and told her , sorry but it is the old girl's turn and rode the C50 Boulevard to work this morning. The NC had a great ride last weekend. This 30' F shift in temperatures each day is driving me crazy. Mid 50's in the morning when I leave for work and mid 80s when I get home from work. Wearing mesh in the morning on the Interstate is just too cool and wearing textile in the afternoon heat and humidity is too warm. Argh.....

So Murphy came to visit and my lawn mower broke and killed my chance at trying a new NC seat. (ie. took all my extra loot.)

But Karma came to visit right after and I might have a trade deal going for a nice Trails Bike!! AKawasaki Super Sherpa. If I can pull this trade off (Trading some camera gear I don't use any more) I'll have a SWEET stable again. A nice NC to commute to work and take long trips with and a little 250cc Road Legal fireroad stomper.... FINGERS CROSSED!!

I looked at the girl this morning and told her , sorry but it is the old girl's turn and rode the C50 Boulevard to work this morning. The NC had a great ride last weekend. This 30' F shift in temperatures each day is driving me crazy. Mid 50's in the morning when I leave for work and mid 80s when I get home from work. Wearing mesh in the morning on the Interstate is just too cool and wearing textile in the afternoon heat and humidity is too warm. Argh.....

Ditto in Ohio. I go to work in lined jacket and thick pants and am "cold" and then after work at 5 I sweat my arse off even after I remove the liner.
Never seen it like this in a long time. Yesterday It was 45 deg in some pockets at 5am, and it was 81 on the way home. WTH man!!

Ditto in Ohio. I go to work in lined jacket and thick pants and am "cold" and then after work at 5 I sweat my arse off even after I remove the liner.
Never seen it like this in a long time. Yesterday It was 45 deg in some pockets at 5am, and it was 81 on the way home. WTH man!!
Because I leave my house for work at 3am at the latest and don't get off work until 3pm I have this problem most of the year, I bought a armored vest for the ride home

I lowered the handguards so the Madstad would not hit them, then it hit the right mirror stalk but not the left, which is weird.

So I installed a bikemaster mirror extender I had and discovered that the two nuts on the stem were so tightly screwed together that I had to put the base nut in a vise to get the locking nut loose.

The extender works fine but it will take a while to get used to the angle.
If I turn the mirror enough to see the lane to my right it feels way too far right and I cannot see anything behind me, so I adjusted the left mirror to show behind me more. Motorcycles really need a third mirror.

Karma F'ed me and dude sold the Sherpa for a $G less then my trade. Oh well. Nc will never be sold. I'll keep looking for a cheap off road tool.

I had to work half a day today (every 4th Saturday). Rode the NC700x into work. Cool at 56'F in my mesh gear, but it is going to be 80'f by noon.

Did a shake down ride and camp out. I leave Thursday tobride the continental divide route.

I put a new chain and sprockets on the mighty adv nc:). I didn't lose a chain or a sprocket!!

I also put a tkc front and k60 scout on rear

Lake Nocona

e75531a156db429d58c66cf0cdf05824.jpg

7e02f66a71d3ff814c688bd0878b4590.jpg

Left the house in the pouring rain

9ce9903abcab9cfbfcc8671e6d522099.png

Last edited:
Went to Harley Demo Ride day in Kenosha, WI. On the way up I switched up with my buddy and rode his BMW R1200R. In Kenosha I ended up riding five (5) different Harleys. In my opinion the best one for me was a Low Rider. However, after the whole ordeal, I hopped back on my bike and went: aaaaaah. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back