• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way to work this morning, ran out of gas. Luckily I was able to coast down a hill after I exited the freeway. Even ran a red to keep my momentum. Engine light came in afterwards but everything seemed to be fine. Was only able to put in little over 3.048 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yestiddy, 254 miles. Last time I went between the Swan and Mission Ranges the wind was fierce and the buffeting was killing me. Calm yesterday. Met a lot of fellow travelers.

Like many trips I got way more photos than I usually put up, and choosing is practically random much of the time.

It must really suck to have such limited riding spots where you live. Seeing the same green stuff everyday... Poor guy.
<SARCASM>

Exploring Kapsia's Cave :
IMG_5182.jpg

And a video from this day :
[video=youtube;Iin-6Ad6NKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iin-6Ad6NKE[/video]

4 weeks ago I quit all forms of social media. I had around 4750 "friends" on Facebook and thousands of followers on IG because of a past music carreer. Stopping it all shut the noise off. I have never been so calm. I do things again for just me and my family don't care who knows or sees. It's amazing. I spend time with real people (except 2 motorcycle forums, but these tend to be less politics and hateful BS and more spirited conversations)

I'll never go back.

Also tightened any and all farkles on my NC today. Everything was still tight except 1 bolt on my PIAA fog lights it took a 1/4 turn.

Changed chain and sprockets at 25k miles. Replaced the oem chain at 8500 miles. So 17k out of second chain on original sprockets not too shabby. I did add a tuturo oiler at around 18k miles, so I don't know if it helped or not.

I have a dCT, sprocket center sent me a 114 link chain, i had to cut it down to 111 FYI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took off the wings on the Madstad and adjusted the windshield all the way down and fully tilted to see if that will work for summer.

I might go back to stock.

Back:

Windy day, about 25 mph, though not terribly gusty.
I rode without earplugs to get a feel for the changes.
I did not notice too much difference. There is a little more air on my arms and lower torso and a little more noise on top, but the air is still mostly going over the top of my helmet.

It is daytime, but I do think there will be more headlight reflection in the lower part of the windshield.

If I remember correctly, with the stock windshield it was hitting me in the chest, which is about right for summer.

Last edited:
YOu are right. I am deleting that post. It has no place on this thread. Just a moment of melancholy
No sweat, right? We all have feelings where the world does not live up to our ideals.

I took off the wings on the Madstad and adjusted the windshield all the way down and fully tilted to see if that will work for summer.

I might go back to stock.

Back:

Windy day, about 25 mph, though not terribly gusty.
I rode without earplugs to get a feel for the changes.
I did not notice too much difference. There is a little more air on my arms and lower torso and a little more noise on top, but the air is still mostly going over the top of my helmet.

It is daytime, but I do think there will be more headlight reflection in the lower part of the windshield.

If I remember correctly, with the stock windshield it was hitting me in the chest, which is about right for summer.
My problem is not temperatures, as I wear only the mesh section of my jacket and a mesh sport tee when it's hotter, and that works nicely. But I'd like a little wider of a windscreen methinks, to handle more gusting and bugs. It's tricky to get that with the need to also accommodate handguards... But I think the tall VStream+ N20009's frontal profile will improve it for me on the days when this is noticeable. I'll try to curtail my obsessing about this before I end up in a bubble car though ; }

vs_n20007-09_vs_oem.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back