• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked with the Lady who runs the hotel and she advised the fog would not lift. Headed down the mountain then 221 to Roanoake followed by 220 and 42 up to Harrisonburg. Great roads but all in the rain. Stopped 3 times to add layers under the rain gear and was still cold. Temp gage read 44F. Decided to cut some time and jumped on I-81 for last 60 miles. Good day in spite of the rain and would have been a great day if it was either warmer or I had packed winter gear. Rest of trip predicted to be warm so I packed mesh.

Hotel was great. If overnighting around Fancy Gap consider the Mountain Top Motel. $55 a night. Clean comfortable room. Internet faster than most major chains. Owner who couldn't be nicer. She had towels to wipe down bike. She suggested I put my bike up on sidewalk in front of room with storm coming and offered to help. I realized I needed some crackers to go with the dinner I packed and she wouldn't let be go across the street to buy some but insisted on giving me some out of her pantry. If your TV has to be a flat screen then pay twice as much and go somewhere else.

I put these lowered foot pegs on, Longhorn brand.
I already had some basic highway pegs on the crash bars, but they were far too high for comfort, and no way to install them lower.

The NC control pegs are just slightly short for me at 6'3", though I do not have a long inseam.
Forward highway pegs let me stretch out a little.

I don't think they will scrape, but if they do I can angle them back more.

These are huge and comfortable, and almost infinitely adjustable.
However, the very size is something of an aesthetic disappointment. Even in black, and on a black bike, they stand out.
So my mind is not made up.

I test rode a BMW 800 GS before buying the NC. The BMW was 14k, which seemed ridiculous to me.
I am not to nearly that much in bike plus farkles yet, but it is visible on the horizon. If I were to add new suspension I think I would be at about 11k.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

Last edited:
Talked with the Lady who runs the hotel and she advised the fog would not lift. Headed down the mountain then 221 to Roanoake followed by 220 and 42 up to Harrisonburg. Great roads but all in the rain. Stopped 3 times to add layers under the rain gear and was still cold. Temp gage read 44F. Decided to cut some time and jumped on I-81 for last 60 miles. Good day in spite of the rain and would have been a great day if it was either warmer or I had packed winter gear. Rest of trip predicted to be warm so I packed mesh.

Hotel was great. If overnighting around Fancy Gap consider the Mountain Top Motel. $55 a night. Clean comfortable room. Internet faster than most major chains. Owner who couldn't be nicer. She had towels to wipe down bike. She suggested I put my bike up on sidewalk in front of room with storm coming and offered to help. I realized I needed some crackers to go with the dinner I packed and she wouldn't let be go across the street to buy some but insisted on giving me some out of her pantry. If your TV has to be a flat screen then pay twice as much and go somewhere else.
A+ customer service. you should leave a Google map and also a yelp review if you can most people do a quick search on one of those two and comments like yours go a long way to helping smaller businesses

I put these lowered foot pegs on, Longhorn brand.
I already had some basic highway pegs on the crash bars, but they were far too high for comfort, and no way to install them lower.

The NC control pegs are just slightly short for me at 6'3", though I do not have a long inseam.
Forward highway pegs let me stretch out a little.

I don't think they will scrape, but if they do I can angle them back more.

These are huge and comfortable, and almost infinitely adjustable.
However, the very size is something of an aesthetic disappointment. Even in black, and on a black bike, they stand out.
So my mind is not made up.

I test rode a BMW 800 GS before buying the NC. The BMW was 14k, which seemed ridiculous to me.
I am not to nearly that much in bike plus farkles yet, but it is visible on the horizon. If I were to add new suspension I think I would be at about 11k.

View attachment 33463

View attachment 33464

View attachment 33465

View attachment 33463
I think they look good. You already moved past sleek when you installed the crash bars just embrace the practical and comfort, if they work and you use them I would leave them on

Rode to work today, and went out for about an hour afterwards. I'm still getting used to the feel of the bike, not to mention the switchgear. My previous bike was a BMW F800ST, and my NC700S feels, and handles completely different, but not in a bad way.

The good news is that the Kappa sport screen seems to be doing its job, so I think I'll hang onto it.

The weather is calling for rain tomorrow, but sunshine next week, so I'll be riding to work as much as I can.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ca22e454ebbd6110103b25d67b57b34e.jpg

125ea709b9b4d967f18e2244df12f011.jpg

3422828269174c346c04fec0d3e75286.jpg

35l Mosko moto on the givi trekker racks.

Tested the Longhorn highway pegs, rode about 175 miles. "0.0 gallons" light was flashing.
171 miles on the gas tank, mostly in D mode at 65, very little wind.
That is 62 mpg.

As for the pegs, the position is very nice. I don't have the clamps tight enough, so the pegs swing when I put my feet on them. I think I can fix that. I may just need to mount them vertically.

Last edited:
Did an oil change yesterday. Went for a ride, stopped for a broken down bike, sat with my flashers running so long
that my bike would not start. His rescue trailer arrived, just before someone got there to give me a jump. Bike runs fine now.
checked valves today, no adjustment needed:)

Broke the 1000 mile mark. Rode 220 miles, hit up a few miles up seasonal road, planned to do more but the 12" drop into a pit of mud stopped us from going farther.

In my continuing efforts to ease hand pain on long rides I bought a set of grip puppies and a throttle lock.

I have been using a throttle rocker wrist thingy for a while and it helps a lot but I wanted to see if I could make it any better. I thought about a kaiko throttle lock and this lock will be a good proof of concept to see if it helps at a fraction of the price.

I bought both at DualSport is Brantford, Ontario and recommend the store - great staff and a lot of hard to find (local, in Canada) parts. (Dualsport Plus Adventure Motorcycle & Rider Gear)

Qupul1h.jpg

Last edited:
Cheap.
Real cheap.
It works but I don't use it often.

Attachments

• Cruise control 5.JPG
    Cruise control 5.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Cruise control 4.JPG
    Cruise control 4.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 201