• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the correct replacement for my lost screw at a hobby store that specializes in remote control cars and planes. All is well and did not have to use epoxy.

Then went for another 200 mile ride into West Virginia. Lots of good roads in the Mountain State. Stopped in Romney to check out the new Versys 300 X at Romney Cycles, Took back roads up to Berkley Springs and back down to Winchester. Gotta love the roads my Tom TomRoadrunner finds with the twisty road function.

Tomorrow start a 2 day back road ride to Cumberland Falls Park in Kentucky for a gathering with friends this weekend including a few members here. 2,700 miles in last month trying to make up for lost riding time I didn't get in 1st quarter. Another 1,000 by time I get home Sunday. :)

I ordered these... did you have to do much adjusting to the brake and shift lever (if not DTC)?

I put them on my bike and it wasn't too bad to get the brake and shifter adjusted. The new pegs give you a little more room. I do note a little more vibration through them then the stock pegs, but not bad.

Found the correct replacement for my lost screw at a hobby store that specializes in remote control cars and planes. All is well and did not have to use epoxy.

Then went for another 200 mile ride into West Virginia. Lots of good roads in the Mountain State. Stopped in Romney to check out the new Versys 300 X at Romney Cycles, Took back roads up to Berkley Springs and back down to Winchester. Gotta love the roads my Tom TomRoadrunner finds with the twisty road function.

Tomorrow start a 2 day back road ride to Cumberland Falls Park in Kentucky for a gathering with friends this weekend including a few members here. 2,700 miles in last month trying to make up for lost riding time I didn't get in 1st quarter. Another 1,000 by time I get home Sunday. :)

Bunch of NC's gathering now at Kickstand Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah NC. On 28 headed up to Fontana.

"I ordered these... did you have to do much adjusting to the brake and shift lever (if not DTC)?"

Mine is a DCT.

I have not ridden it yet to see if any adjustment is necessary to the brake. I had food poisoning yesterday and had a quiet day today.
Just sitting on it the brake pedal seems ok.

Rode into the city today...the joy of stop and go traffic :( Downtown found out some lots have motorcycle parking at half price...sweet!!!

Rode into the city today...the joy of stop and go traffic :( Downtown found out some lots have motorcycle parking at half price...sweet!!!

Didn't you know you can park on any parking spot in the street for half price? Just use the paybyphone app ;)
Btw, will we finally meet before I ride away? Or before I get my AT and give the NC to Holeshot?

For the note, I didn't do anything with my NC these last days, but I'm working on a feature I'm sure you guys will love (and probably greenboy more than anyone else): trip reports (with maps and pics)... And I'll make that embeddable here (if the admin wants to implement it ;) ) It should be on sphyn.com in a few weeks, I'm working full time on it :)

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 11.37.04 AM.jpg

"I ordered these... did you have to do much adjusting to the brake and shift lever (if not DTC)?"

Mine is a DCT.

I have not ridden it yet to see if any adjustment is necessary to the brake. I had food poisoning yesterday and had a quiet day today.
Just sitting on it the brake pedal seems ok.

Brake needs to be adjusted but it is easy to do. Actual position is personal preference on what works best for you. Also easy but don't forget to adjust switch for brake light.

Brake needs to be adjusted but it is easy to do. Actual position is personal preference on what works best for you. Also easy but don't forget to adjust switch for brake light.

I took a quick look and the shifter looks simple rod adjustment, but the brake level looks more complicated. What do you actually move?
(I have not took a close look as the pegs are not here yet so excuse me if it's simple and I'm just being dumb)

Didn't you know you can park on any parking spot in the street for half price? Just use the paybyphone app ;)
Btw, will we finally meet before I ride away? Or before I get my AT and give the NC to Holeshot?

Cool, I did not know that. I use a dumb phone so that could also be part of the issue :p I'm not doing a lot of pleasure rides at the moment. Sick Uncle is taking up most of the time. Weather is supposed to be good on the weekend so may try to squeeze in the spouse two up test ride with the top case as a backrest.

I took a quick look and the shifter looks simple rod adjustment, but the brake level looks more complicated. What do you actually move?
(I have not took a close look as the pegs are not here yet so excuse me if it's simple and I'm just being dumb)

Check the little manual that came with the bike - instructions are in there. I did the adjustment just fine with that info.

Hmmmm. Don't think so...
So like UNDER the floor of the Trunk?

Yep, at the bottom of the front trunk (frunk), there is a little screw like apparatus; unscrew it and there is like a lid which will come up and it is big enough to keep the manual, registration, insurance card.

HAHA, darn it.. I didn't get one. The dealership lost it. This is the 4th time that sucker would have come in handy!
If it's not in the stash spot in the bottom of the frunk you can easily download it.
need owners manual
HAHA, darn it.. I didn't get one. The dealership lost it. This is the 4th time that sucker would have come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back