• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't really decided what I'm doing with them yet. Full disclosure, they both leak when being used as saddle bags and one has a small hole on the bottom (maybe the size of a quarter) where the bolts backed out on the rack allowing it to get too close to the muffler.

Switched my kappa garda side cases for givi trecker dolomiti.

So that only makes the third set on this bike.

Man.. post pics.. I just bought the 36L Givi Trekker Dolomiti side cases and 48L top case. Just waiting for them from Italy. Top case shipped, side cases.. not yet...
Commuting daily I can use them. I carry laptop, gym clothes, lunch, occasional camera gear... bike cover etc... CAN NOT WAIT for the extra space.

And my current 37L Givi trunk fits on my Vespa, so it's a win all around!

Also.. 10 deg is all the difference... yesterday at 5am-ish 30 something deg... today 48 deg... it was a pleasant ride today!

Installed a GP Carbon exhaust and custom seat cover. Love the sound!
5837428fa1eac7780e277270e81dba26.jpg
a9c27112a96559f0ae38075a0fada5d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
That looks like a DanMoto slip on exhaust. Just put one on the daughter's NC700XD. The sound is awesome and can't beat the price compared to the two brothers on the other daughter's NC700X .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, it wasn't today - I started Monday... First time attempting chain / sprocket replacement.

Was able to break free the front sprocket bolt in neutral while stepping on rear brake. Chain broken easily with the cheap chain tool / riveter kit I have. Pin pushed through without grinding. Real wheel off, no problem. Rear sprocket change, no problem. Front sprocket change, no problem. I forgot about the (I think it's the...) spacer inside the wheel and it fell out (chain side) while I was reinstalling - pretty sure I put it back in there the right way but I'll double check that by looking in the service manual.

I had a good bit of trouble with the master link. Getting the plate on, aligning the tool, pressing it, etc. Took a while and now I'm not sure I mushroomed it enough. It was getting late so I stopped there. I need to check on that. Then all that should be left is to adjust the tension (and align) and put the front sprocket cover and chain guard back on.

If I failed, well, the shop where I normally get service done does pickup and delivery, and since I don't know if any maintenance was EVER done on this thing (just got it - see intro post) at some point I'll take it in for a brake fluid and coolant change, and valve check. I also have the clip style master link the came with the chain. Wouldn't be the end of the world to use that.

I also posted in the How-To forum to inquire if anyone knows the diameter of the pin on the master link (DID 520 VX2 zj) before flaring...
You still need to know what the proper diameter is for staking the chain rivet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

waiting in anticipation for my new vario pegs, Givi handguards and, new honda windscreen to arrive. its going to be like xmas in May.

Man I can't wait for mine. Those look awesome. Thanks for the pic!

I'm still running the kappa trunk, i might switch it out for the matching trunk but it has the back pad, rotopax mount and it doesn't interfere with the lids opening, so I'm not in any hurry to.

I ordered mine from motostorm.it. Took about 2.5 weeks all said and done. I also got the storm bags that fit inside.

I'm still running the kappa trunk, i might switch it out for the matching trunk but it has the back pad, rotopax mount and it doesn't interfere with the lids opening, so I'm not in any hurry to.

I ordered mine from motostorm.it. Took about 2.5 weeks all said and done. I also got the storm bags that fit inside.

Yea I ordered mine form there as well. They shipped the trunk 3 days ago.. my bags are still "Processing" Also got the racks...
Seems like a cool company and heck.. I'll wait a few weeks to save almost $300!!

Installed and tested my new Givi Smart Bar. Finally have my GPS in the line of view where I want it. First ride realized I had the bar tilted too far back and could barely get my hand past it to put key in ignition. Made a mistake in purchase buying kit for NC 700 as the SW Motech risers change the install. Had to go to hardware store and buy shorter bolts and different spacer to install. Not sure what the right kit would be for the risers. Found nylon spacers with right outside diameter but had to drill inside for bolts to fit through. The spacer fills up the space in the bar clamp where the head of the bolt is normally recessed with out the Smart Bar.

I will probably cut bar shorter. Don't have anything else I want to mount on it right now. As cutting it is non-reversible I will try it for a while first.

Purchased the bar on Amazon. It was shipped from Germany.

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

My new Kappa windscreen arrived today, so I managed to get it put on. I'm still not sure about the looks, but I needed something a little larger than the stock one. Hopefully going to road test it tomorrow.

Also got around to fishing the battery lead for my CTEK charger through all the body work. Snug fit, but I eventually got it.
8cbe51c4115e91ae90ac0dde32f90434.jpg
b2a25dbb03f09c05bf97782b6bb7756e.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I had NO IDEA it would be that good. when you bolt that sucker on, and set the angles and tighten the thumb screw, that mount and holder is NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

I put a RAM mount on and loved it till I crossed a railroad track and caught the phone before it went all the way over. :(
Some shaking harmonic tossed it right out of the mount!

Then I got one of the silicone thingys and now I don't worry any more.
Railroad track crossing tested. (over and over).

Amazon.com: Silicone Security Bands for Cell Phone Mount, NALAKUVARA Universal Mountain & Road Handlebar Cradle Holder Tether, Bicycle Phones Holder Support, Only 4 PCS Band (2 Black & 2 Red): Cell Phones & Accessories

I still have about 1000 miles left

126ab8c5a0e940c810ddbeacdda94ce9.jpg

I have an 805 I will be mounting up in about 2 weeks for colorado :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last year in the land of THE DRAGON my son, I think, won the most worn tire still going.

He has a 2014 model that came with a known poor tire as OEM. Very poor indeed.
Looks like he is better at left hand turns than right eh?
Probably smart though since one can see a lot more on a left than a right and he is a cautious rider.

Attachments

• IMG_2547[1].jpg
    IMG_2547[1].jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 199
Last year in the land of THE DRAGON my son, I think, won the most worn tire still going.
Plus +1 I concur!
My most worn tire was this one replaced after a cross-country trip to KY last fall. 705's just seem to keep going, keep going, keep going...until you just end up changing it outta guilt.

IMG_1150.jpg

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back