• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You buying second hand or new ? Have you checked out the BM1600, seeing as you already have a 6.

Found a new (5 miles) 2013 in silver which I prefer over the blue or black of the new ones, I've decided to go to a little smaller bike. The new Wings are about 4" longer and $10,000+ more expensive than my '98. I looked into the RT 1200, the Triumph is marked down about $3000 from msrp which makes it a pretty good deal.

Just finished installing my OEM centerstand!
The Good:
1: It fit!
2: I think I lost 2lbs in water weight installing it!
The Bad:
Holy communion crackers I underestimated how tight those springs would be! I tried muscling them HAHAHAHA...*ahem*...NOPE!
I tried little spring then big spring...NOPE!
I tried the tie down around the rear tire using wrapped dental floss around the spring hooks, but the tie down wouldn't cinch down: NOPE!
I tried Removing the pin from one side. I got the springs on, but couldn't put the pin back...NOPE!
I tried attaching one end of the tie down to my lawn tractor and the other end/w/dental floss to both hooks, but instead of stretching the springs it started pulling the bike out of the shed, and even over my foot which I tried to use as a wheel chock...NOPE!
So, then I tried the tie down to the lawn tractor/w/dental floss in the big hook first...SUCCESS!
Next I tried the little spring...SUCCESS! **BUT** Guess what? The pin had come out of the spring side and now I had to get it all back straight and together! (My fault for not putting the pin bolt in?
So, with a shove, yell, and final push on the pin which gave me a purple pinch to my mid right finger...IT'S ON! :D:D:D YAYYY!!!!
So, should I repaint the silver spots and scratches?....ROFL!
CYABYE!

Last edited:
I used the ratchet strap method with a small piece of parachute cord and it worked like a charm. Literally 3 second job doing it that way.

Found a new (5 miles) 2013 in silver which I prefer over the blue or black of the new ones, I've decided to go to a little smaller bike. The new Wings are about 4" longer and $10,000+ more expensive than my '98. I looked into the RT 1200, the Triumph is marked down about $3000 from msrp which makes it a pretty good deal.
I am a Triumph owner (Explorer) It is one of my favourite bikes ever, but not without its troubles. Triumph over this side are looking after issues and accordingly I am happy enough. However many US owners have complaints about follow up of various issues. The Trophy uses the same engine/drive train unit and is affected by the same issues. If you decide to proceed with the Triumph feel free to pm me and I will tell you what to watch out for. Having said that, the three cylinder motor is one of the nicest motorcycle engines I have ever owned. Best of luck with your hunt......

I used the ratchet strap method with a small piece of parachute cord and it worked like a charm. Literally 3 second job doing it that way.
yep, me too. 15-20 minute total job, including unboxing, getting tools. There is a guy on youtube who has a video of using the ratchet strap method, easy peasy, no swearing, pinching, punching involved in the process..

yep, me too. 15-20 minute total job, including unboxing, getting tools. There is a guy on youtube who has a video of using the ratchet strap method, easy peasy, no swearing, pinching, punching involved in the process..

I will state for forum record, Sir, that I never Punched anything, nor swore once during the entire performance of the installation conflagration. :D

Last edited:
Did my valve clearances for the first time today. Pretty straightforward stuff apart from disconnecting the switch at the back of the rad.

Rolled over 30,000 miles on my way to work today. Wasn't in a safe spot to pull over and take a snapshot, so here what I could get with the phone mounted to the bars while moving.

ff05fb66273577db51dd09bb6b64e5b3.jpg

43a61ef365f998bd1ccf2a5e7f32dbfc.jpg

I didn't do anything to my bike but i got my Cardo Scala Rider Q3 today and installed it. Having problem with that my voice sounds low and i can't get fix it. Any ideas? Cardos FAQ wasn't much help.

"The other party complains that they can't hear me well.

Make sure that the microphone is positioned at the corner of your mouth and not in front."

Rode thru the Clark State Forestry yesterday evening; took this picture at the fire tower:

Literally 10 minutes after I took the picture, I was almost killed on the bike. Starting over the hill, around a blind hill/curve some a$$hat in a Ram truck came towards me in my lane, not only in my lane but scrapping the grass on my side of the lane; he never got over and I had to hit the ditch, bike fell over when I stopped due to the ground dropping off. 5 more feet farther down the road and I would have went over a 200' embankment. Bike is ok, only a little scratch on the handlebar end, and I am a little sore from having to pick the bike up; it fell over on the downhill side and 450 lbs I hard to pick up (back to the bike and slowly inched it up). A$$hat never stopped even though I heard him laughing as he caused me to run into the ditch-didn't have time to get license plate. Be careful guys, I was only doing about 10mph when I hit the ditch.

Finally got to pick it up with the full RaceTech suspension installed, had to share lanes for about 15 miles in ~95º so I'll have to check out the difference another day.

Wow. I started with the CRF250L... then added an NC... then the DCT version (one of my sons cares for the 1st NC.) I really enjoy having both Hondas in the garage. The 250 is plain fun to ride around and to take off road.

My wife's little sea-foam green Buddy 50 scooter is in front. She started this cycle thing by purchasing it, and then she suggested that maybe I should get something too... so we could ride around together. Hee hee hee... worked great.
7a7e7e755e7210c01c7c88536442b7aa.jpg

Great way to get a bike.
What is that seat thing you have there? I have seen two pics so far but no post showing what/where yet.
I used search and get off topic just reading. Have read maybe 6-700 posts in the last week alone.
I just got some foam to redo my seat since I won't pay Corbin or Sargent. I rode a Sargent seat today and while better than stock it is not right for me.
Wish me luck.

Great way to get a bike.
What is that seat thing you have there? I have seen two pics so far but no post showing what/where?
Wish me luck.
That "seat thingie" looks like a Bill Mayer Ergo Contour seat. It mounts on top of your stock oem seat.
Some riders really like them.

I guess it doesn't have a chip. The key I had made doesn't have Honda on it. I'm using the duplicate and saving the original in case I have to have another made. Also for What did I do with my NC today, I rode down to Senoia, Ga., home of the Walking Dead show, and had breakfast a Katy Lou's Cafe. Also rode to the bank and ordered a new set of Michelin PR3's from Cycle City Newnan, Ga. Hopefully I can get them put on this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back