• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I put on mirror extenders.

They look goofy but I am old enough to not care. If I can see past my shoulder I am happy. Will test tomorrow??
They look just like kpinvt's

Attachments

• Mirror extenders01.JPG
    Mirror extenders01.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 511
  • Mirror extenders02.JPG
    Mirror extenders02.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 507
  • Mirror extenders03.JPG
    Mirror extenders03.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 493
I also did the seat tilt/lift/level thing.
Mine is way up. I am 6'4" with long legs. I needed it.

Attachments

• Seat leveling01.JPG
    Seat leveling01.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 435
  • Seat leveling02.JPG
    Seat leveling02.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 440
  • Seat leveling03.JPG
    Seat leveling03.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 487
  • Seat leveling04.JPG
    Seat leveling04.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 439
  • Seat leveling06.JPG
    Seat leveling06.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 436
  • Seat leveling05.JPG
    Seat leveling05.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 474
  • Seat leveling07.JPG
    Seat leveling07.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 423
  • Seat leveling08.JPG
    Seat leveling08.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 423
put a new seat on ya tight wad:p

What good would a new seat do? My son has a brand new 2014, less than 100 miles and the seat is the same.

We have a Sargent seat on another and it throws me forward also. Better seat but not by much IMO.

I am working on rebuilding my original seat (the one in the pic is off of the 2012). It will be a Frankenstein but with lots of thick foam.

I am sure you will have a comment or two when I post pics of it's construction.

Honestly I was too scared and worried to notice, but my knees were wet. Put another 200 miles on the bike so I guess I didn't get water into the engine.

Honestly I was too scared and worried to notice, but my knees were wet. Put another 200 miles on the bike so I guess I didn't get water into the engine.

That is deep!!

If you were going at any kind of speed, the forward movement creates a bow wake which lowers the water level at the engine and in our case the air box. The air box and the exhaust are the 2 places water can get in. I don't know of any other vents or openings. Generally, as long as the engine is running water can't make it in through the exhaust. The air box is high up and the air box snorkel is up by the top triple tree. In theory the bike should be able to handle water a little over the seat. Generally enough water coming in through the intake to do harm will stop the engine. Check you oil for water. It will be milky if it has a significant amount of water in it.

Got a short ride in before the mercury started boiling to check out the upgraded suspension (racetech front & rear), much better, will give it a real test next week while heading to a campground in the mountains.
My brother is doing the camping, we're just riding up for lunch and a visit, forecast is for 105º ... :(

Swapped from Puig Vario to National cycle Vstream windshield, thanks to a nice forum member. It is a huge improvement, the reduction in buffeting and noise is impressive. Debating putting the Puig up for sale.

I didn't mean a new seat but meant new padding etc.
I got mine re-upholstered and its fine for me and the wife.
DSC02689_zps4086aadd.jpg

Last edited:
On the advise of my local NC Buddy bamamate, I purchased the SW-MOTECH ALU RACK. Then I found a used GIVI E350N for $50 on Craigslist. So I had to purchase the cool mounting plate for the Alu Rack so that I could use my sweet Givi top box. I like it. It is on the small side. A full face helmet takes up the majority of the space, but I believe it will fit my needs well. And when my kids ride with me, they'll have a backrest! ... Now I'm pondering the brake light kit for the box ;-)

NC_GIVI.jpg

FJ - you have a really good Fuelly number posted right now. I will be interested to see if your economy changes with the box mounted. I put panniers on Skookum and I think I may have dropped 5 mpg. I am still watching the numbers to be sure.
>Thom

Will do. The last tank was 77 (also my best tank so far). The previous couple tanks before that were 74-ish. I kind of think they'll be the same. This is a small top box ... and it's the "Flow" model. Also, when I got the 77 MPG, I had a passenger on board for 90% of the time. -Jim

FJ - you have a really good Fuelly number posted right now. I will be interested to see if your economy changes with the box mounted. I put panniers on Skookum and I think I may have dropped 5 mpg. I am still watching the numbers to be sure.
>Thom

On the advise of my local NC Buddy bamamate, I purchased the SW-MOTECH ALU RACK. Then I found a used GIVI E350N for $50 on Craigslist. So I had to purchase the cool mounting plate for the Alu Rack so that I could use my sweet Givi top box. I like it. It is on the small side. A full face helmet takes up the majority of the space, but I believe it will fit my needs well. And when my kids ride with me, they'll have a backrest! ... Now I'm pondering the brake light kit for the box ;-)

Don't get too excited about the Givi brake light kit. I bought the Givi kit for a 35 liter top box. It doesn't work. It all mounts in like the instructions say, but the contacts between the two box halves don't make connection most of the time. I'll need to modify it next winter when I have time. Considering the cost of the kit, I was quite disappointed.

Don't get too excited about the Givi brake light kit. I bought the Givi kit for a 35 liter top box. It doesn't work. It all mounts in like the instructions say, but the contacts between the two box halves don't make connection most of the time. I'll need to modify it next winter when I have time. Considering the cost of the kit, I was quite disappointed.

The Givi Maxia I bought on Ebay that I have on my bike came with the brake lights installed. I leave the case open when mounting the case to the rack so when I have it seated I can kneel on the ground behind the bike, grab the bottom half, and give a sharp pull towards the ground. I had been riding around for a while with the case not fully connected to the rack. Now the brake lights work all of the time. I'm guessing the rubber bumpers on the rack need to wear in first.

Last edited:
My wife dropped my off at Cycle City Powersports in Newnan, Ga. to pick up my nc. I had a set of Michelin PR3's put on. I then went a a 4 city tour from Newnan to Tyrone to Peachtree City to Fayetteville. Of course this was only a 45 mile trip. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back