• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxou723

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So we rang in the New Year together but can't go riding because it's -12 celsius outside. But I promised her that I would take her out riding more in 2015 and visit more territory!

Well, I am just in from the first ride of 2015 and it was done on the NC. It was bucketing down rain before I even got outside the door. Eight of us met up for a 200km round trip on the rougher backroads in the hills around here and with a sprinkling of hardpack trails. It was a challenging day with gale force winds whipping us on high ground and flooded roads covered in mud and potholes etc etc etc. In short, paradise to our little group. However the rain gear did not succeed entirely, and certain parts of my body are slightly mildewed as a result.

The little bike gave a very good account of itself despite being the lowest powered and least suited to the conditions. The others present were the usual clutch of GS's with a 690KTM and an Africa Twin. However the suspension does give my back some grief on the rougher roads. I might look at a replacement shock soon if I can get something suitable at the right price. I would have that NC motor in a proper trail chassis any day. Its power characteristics are ideal for that application. Perhaps Honda might incorporate the cylinder and crank dimensions into the new Africa Twin.........

Anyway that is my start for 2015 and what an enjoyable start it was. Cleaning time tomorrow. Happy new year to y'all.

You're a hard core biker starting a 200km group ride in the rain. I was a year round rider when I lived in our southern USA for 25 years.

My NC still has zero miles on it, in fact, am doing a few upgrades to it and have not thrown a leg over an NC to date!
I'm curing out a (front) fender extension right now. Pics will follow when I get the bike out of the garage, w/all the extra work completed.

Sadly, I am still drooling over the photos. Can't pick mine up from the dealer until tomorrow... But tomorrow, I plan on getting the first few miles on it once it gets home.

I went on my second ride around the neighbourhood today since the roads were nice and quiet. Only did a little over 3km. I think I'm getting the hang of the throttle response as well as confidence in leaning ("feeling the centre mass" and all that). I'm REALLY loving the dct being a beginner rider, as I can only imagine how much steeper the learning curve might be with manual gears over an above everything else. I also found a petrol station that was open so I put some juice in as well, except that just before riding off I had an odd sensation of feeling the need to "close the door". Remnant of a cager habit I suppose.

One bit of buyer's regret with my jacket though - not enough venting for this summer climate. It's an RST Blade (tex) which I presume might be more suited to European weather. It will still make a good winter jacket though as it does get rather cold at night at this altitude (about 1200m amsl) and this far inland. The Nolan N104 evo has proven very comfortable so far with my only gripe being with the internal sunshade. It's not terribly annoying but I suppose could have been designed better. It's also not all that dark with our bright sunshine days so think I'll go ahead and get a mirrored face shield to supplement it.

One bit of buyer's regret with my jacket though - not enough venting for this summer climate. It's an RST Blade (tex)

Congrats on your new ride.

I've had the Fieldsheer High Temp Jacket/Overpants for about 8 years now w/good results. In the cooler light gray color and fully meshed for excellent ventilation w/shorts and light tee shirt.
The overpants zip to the waist. With the zip out liners they are a 3 season garment.

Is the Fieldsheer High Temp Mesh Jacket any good? - CycleWorld Forums

Yesterday I was out on my bike in poor conditions as mentioned above. Today I set about cleaning. I have posted two shots of the rear wheel area. I have often mentioned on here and on other forums that huggers simply do not work. The shots attached are now ample proof of this. This particular hugger is no better or worse than any others I have seen and I have had similar results with others.......

P1030560.jpgP1030561.jpg

I put the first 13 miles on my new NC700XD. Didn't make it past 35 mph, but it was my first ride and some of the streets were wet. Also, it was around my neighborhood and small park (but big parking lot). I drove to fill it up with gas, get a copy of my house key and new garage door opener. 13 miles isn't much, but hey, it's a start.

IMG_2790_sm.jpg

You want to take it easy for the first ~100 miles or so anyway to let the tires break in and get "sticky".

I've had the Fieldsheer High Temp Jacket/Overpants for about 8 years now w/good results. In the cooler light gray color and fully meshed for excellent ventilation w/shorts and light tee shirt.
The overpants zip to the waist. With the zip out liners they are a 3 season garment.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for (or alternately a well vented tour-style jacket) but I have yet to find a dealer/store that stocks any Fieldsheer gear. Most of the imported stuff we get is either from the far east or Europe and even then its not usually the full range of products. I was originally wanting to get an RST Ventilator but even though several local places import RST gear, none of them stocked exactly what I was looking for so I had to settle for something else. Disappointing, but I'll keep my eyes out for Fieldsheer in the future. Thanks for the pointer.

Looked at it because of this.
8d8f3c00d98a147523319db29bfc1406.jpg

I put the first 13 miles on my new NC700XD. Didn't make it past 35 mph, but it was my first ride and some of the streets were wet. Also, it was around my neighborhood and small park (but big parking lot). I drove to fill it up with gas, get a copy of my house key and new garage door opener. 13 miles isn't much, but hey, it's a start.

View attachment 21906

What a beauty!

View attachment 21906

Debating between Black and Red when I got my bike was a bit hard. I'm glad someone else made the choice for me because the dealers didn't want to "dealer trade" the black ones so red/black it was. I didn't care and I love my black/red but this black beauty is sure nice TOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back