• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a ride for the first time since having shoulder surgery on April 20, I doubt that my Dr. would approve though. He did say I could drive as long as I kept my left hand on the bottom part of the steering wheel, and mainly used my right arm, but I'd already been doing that for a week or so before he said it was OK.

Anyway went out early this morning before it got to hot, going to be the hottest day we've had so far this year with heat index reaching upper 90's to 100.

Went for a ride for the first time since having shoulder surgery on April 20, I doubt that my Dr. would approve though. He did say I could drive as long as I kept my left hand on the bottom part of the steering wheel, and mainly used my right arm, but I'd already been doing that for a week or so before he said it was OK.

Anyway went out early this morning before it got to hot, going to be the hottest day we've had so far this year with heat index reaching upper 90's to 100.

There is a good reason doctors are called "quacks". What do they really know? If it feels right, RIDE!

I had rotator cuff surgery four years ago, now I need a replacement. When I had that surgery I was driving the car in a couple of weeks, but a couple of months before I was on a motorcycle again. I'm postponing the next surgery as long as possible.

Received my Denali D2's a couple weeks ago, been debating where to mount as I did not buy the mounting kit for NC. Didn't want to mount low as like a higher angle for the light source and wanted someplace solid.... settled on drilling thru the Madstad mount....see pics below. Also, while on my way to a friends place to complete the install, I was bumped from behind at a stoplight by a woman reaching for a pen......snapped off my plate and mount...gonna cost het 400.00 to replace all the parts.... I'm fine, no structural damage or anything....anyway, back to the lights.....Denali 1.jpgDenali 2.jpgdenali 3.jpgDenali 4.jpgdenali 5.jpg

Nice!

How do they work? Is the new axle hollow? Or just tapped on the ends? Could I use that axle to attach a trailer like a Moto-Mule that usually used a skewer through a hollow axle or some kind of bolts/nuts on the axle end?

moto-mule dual sport cargo trailer

Thanks,
Charles

DMV rear axle sliders - these should help protect the bike in an accident (after the mufflers fall off.) I'll install them tomorrow.

View attachment 24569

Inspection!

Had to put the poor thing on my trailer to take it to get inspected. Had to trailer it because the tag ran out :mad: .

Will ride it to work tomorrow so maybe it will get over being trailered...

Inspection.jpg

Joined the AMA and got my Service Manual for the NC. Still waiting to get some good riding, but my weekends are hung up. I am going to post a planned ride coming up early July.

July 4th weekend, I am planning on riding up to Mackinaw Michigan on Friday (July 3rd), cross Mackinac bridge (lower price hotels in the UP than in Mackinaw City) and ride around parts of the UP on the 4th, and head back on the 5th-may ride my little Cruiser instead of the Honda (Mustang seat on the C50). Rolled over 73,000 miles this morning riding to work.

Pics of that addition please.
Ok, here they are. I got the smoke covered lens as the clear was back ordered like always it seems. It's still plenty bright though.

So here it is in my dark garage, power off.
c2b01e60119a20abc5f316e7d4c4f7d4.jpg

Power on.
aeb1e9de2a8c5fe057344ab06e972968.jpg

Flashers on.
aa30bfce61fa2f9cf0ce77ffeb729e84.jpg

9b3cb166c71ca5e3cc3704365eb134a8.jpg

The mount to license plate mount.
27081c13c334b8f981b59d1c6f563fe0.jpg

Where I ran the wires.
65273d5c1ffdc0d4364b9b3d7e52c515.jpg

July 4th weekend, I am planning on riding up to Mackinaw Michigan on Friday (July 3rd), cross Mackinac bridge (lower price hotels in the UP than in Mackinaw City) and ride around parts of the UP on the 4th, and head back on the 5th-may ride my little Cruiser instead of the Honda (Mustang seat on the C50). Rolled over 73,000 miles this morning riding to work.
uploadfromtaptalk1434074874438.jpg 73,00 miles on your NC? I just turned 20,000 miles on mine today. Doesn't seem like much now. Picture anyway.

Made it across the desert, got to the coast, and just about to the Hurst Castle. It's FREEZING COLD here!! (...as compared to the 100-105 at home...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back