• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed 2" Rox risers and a Honda center stand (parachute cord tied to a spoke on one end, looped around the spring hooks, and with the other end tied to the axle bolt--worked great). Started to install highway pegs (Kuryakyn 7920's) but postponed till tomorrow and took a nice ride through the Ozark twisties and confirmed that the risers are wonderful and the stock seat is painful, even with the slope mod--can't wait for my new seat (Russell) to come in. I figure the bike will be just about perfect then. Just gas and ride.

Rear Tire Replaced

It took a couple hours... I need to improve some of the techniques. But, the new Shinko 009 Raven is in place. I didn't expect the sprocket assembly to come off but I figured it out. I am embarrassed by the tire condition... I should have changed it a thousand miles ago... but I did a thousand miles this past week. A new front tire goes on as soon as I get the hex wrench for the front axel (ordered).

Last edited:
K
johnakay
No need to turn your back on us!:rolleyes: the camera is in back of you! :p
I was looking for one of your racks on your bike, I couldn't see it!
I thought you always told us you were short, skinny and red headed?
Beautiful Country!

thats ma wify. red hair I wish at least I'd have hair!! and not boldy coot.

my they're expensive.you must have deep pockets.
SP Tadao : Power Box Two Tail Slip-on Silencer [NC7-PB-02]

NC7-PB-02-01.jpg

NC7-PB-02-05.jpg

Installed 2" Rox risers and a Honda center stand (parachute cord tied to a spoke on one end, looped around the spring hooks, and with the other end tied to the axle bolt--worked great). Started to install highway pegs (Kuryakyn 7920's) but postponed till tomorrow and took a nice ride through the Ozark twisties and confirmed that the risers are wonderful and the stock seat is painful, even with the slope mod--can't wait for my new seat (Russell) to come in. I figure the bike will be just about perfect then. Just gas and ride.

ViperDriver

What did you need to change to get the risers to work?

First thing I had to do was this garage door opener mod. I hated having to turn the bike off. Open the frunk, find the opener, open the door, turn the bike back on, and then enter. So I soldered a tiny button that I got online to an extra opener I had. I didn't hardwire it although I found online how to do so. I can't remember the last time I've changed a battery in an opener and if I have to I only have to take off one piece of plastic to get to it. Not entirely waterproof so may have to change where I put it in the future. I also put on the dan moto exhaust. Its certainly better then stock. Not loud at all and don't even have the baffle in. Not sure I'm in love with it. It has kind of bubble pops at idle and its still not very loud or great sound when on full throttle. I'll live with it for awhile but may switch to the GPR that some have. If anyone is interested in the garage mod I could do a write up. It's pretty easy. Ridiculously convenient. Just slide my right hand down on the plastics and my thumb lands right on the button. :cool:IMG_0703.jpgIMG_0707.jpgIMG_0711.jpg

A Pick Up

I came home tonight and picked up my NC from the floor of the garage. My wife wanted to move it a bit and lost control when it came off the center stand in an unexpected way. I usually have it on the side stand but I'd done a quick inspection this morning after 120 miles on the rear tire I installed last night. I'm willing to claim responsibily for the change to what she expected.
She was not hurt and said the tip-over was like slow motion, the fall being slowed when knocking over her little 50cc Buddy scooter. The scooter got a tiny scratch and my NC mirror stem bent 15 degrees... I could straighten it with a vise and applied muscle force. She thought the tipped over bikes looked quite sad, like "dead animals". Very cute and funny since no harm occured.
I thought I'd spare her the grief of taking a photo.

First thing I had to do was this garage door opener mod. I hated having to turn the bike off. Open the frunk, find the opener, open the door, turn the bike back on, and then enter. So I soldered a tiny button that I got online to an extra opener I had. I didn't hardwire it although I found online how to do so. I can't remember the last time I've changed a battery in an opener and if I have to I only have to take off one piece of plastic to get to it. Not entirely waterproof so may have to change where I put it in the future. I also put on the dan moto exhaust. Its certainly better then stock. Not loud at all and don't even have the baffle in. Not sure I'm in love with it. It has kind of bubble pops at idle and its still not very loud or great sound when on full throttle. I'll live with it for awhile but may switch to the GPR that some have. If anyone is interested in the garage mod I could do a write up. It's pretty easy. Ridiculously convenient. Just slide my right hand down on the plastics and my thumb lands right on the button. :cool:View attachment 24548View attachment 24549View attachment 24550

I'd like to see a write up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back