• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a new front tire on. 17k out of my last one and finally did it.

Will be going on a 3 day ride at the end of the month so I figured I better replace it.

Kept the stock Z8.

Made it to Corbin. They're done with the foam work; just need to cut, stitch, and install the cover. There's a guy in the lobby here who is _pissed_ at them.

Been riding around the Olympic peninsula, camping and having a good time!
f49e6295dacef68becfad3ad2d2d546d.jpg
e54fb55eb1ac7a1f8827025110bf153b.jpg
1679e655d9b2155ae1443ba4d712b2ba.jpg

a21b8ec0a3b9b4449eb982fe512eae32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Made it to Corbin. They're done with the foam work; just need to cut, stitch, and install the cover. There's a guy in the lobby here who is _pissed_ at them.
MZ5,
How long did you spend at Corbin? Did you do a test ride or two sitting on just the foam to test the shape before having a cover cut, stitched and installed?
What seemed to piss off the guy in the lobby? Had he already made a purchase, arrived late for his appointment, had problems with the seat he purchased, didn't make an appointment?
Hope you're enjoying the new seat.
Have a safe rest of your trip.

omg.gif
Are those prices normal????????

Inspection? Even here in CommieFornia (California) we don't have that. We do have the dumping fee, but I just tell them I'll handle it myself and then I don't get charged. I pay $35 per pair to be mounted (if wheels are off the bike). Plus the cost of the tire, of course.

Inspection? Even here in CommieFornia (California) we don't have that. We do have the dumping fee, but I just tell them I'll handle it myself and then I don't get charged. I pay $35 per pair to be mounted (if wheels are off the bike). Plus the cost of the tire, of course.

Pretty normal for Vermont, cheap even, with the wheels on the bike, plus the shop is 4 miles from my house, the dealer 40 miles. Around here you'll get hit with a fee no matter where you dump it legally. Several years ago the state stopped inspecting trailers up to 1500 lbs. empty. Non-functioning lights will still get you a ticket. I wish the state would treat bikes the same way. It's not like anyone has to worry about salt damage on a motorcycle rotting the frame out.

Last edited:
Howdy, Pismo! I got to Corbin around 9AM, and I think I rolled out around 2:30PM, or so.

The first piece of foam they brought out was very bad for me. I rode it around a bit, but I knew before even starting up that it was all wrong. When I came back in I had them take down some pressure points at the sides, and had them build up the front with more foam.

With that done, I rode some more. Still had to have them take some pressure out toward the front-side area. After a couple such ride-and-adjust trials, I'm happy with it.

The angry person (AP) was angry because he was not greeted, nor communicated with at all concerning his appointment or seat. I can't really fault him for that, as they do not particularly communicate there. Still, if one watches what they do, one can tell that they see who has come, and they are working to get to everyone in order. They could just use some work on the service (in the acknowledgement and communication sense) segment of things. Talking with a couple of the Corbin people later, they said he's been there before, for other work, so he knows how they operate. <shrug>

Didn't realize it is UC Davis graduation this weekend. No rooms in quite an area. Oh, well. My intent to take 101 all the way up got trashed by a schedule change already anyway.

Rode to a Triumph dealer to check out a Trophy SE, to replace my '98 Goldwing ( the NC stays ), it may be getting a new buddy too.

Wow. I started with the CRF250L... then added an NC... then the DCT version (one of my sons cares for the 1st NC.) I really enjoy having both Hondas in the garage. The 250 is plain fun to ride around and to take off road.

My wife's little sea-foam green Buddy 50 scooter is in front. She started this cycle thing by purchasing it, and then she suggested that maybe I should get something too... so we could ride around together. Hee hee hee... worked great.
7a7e7e755e7210c01c7c88536442b7aa.jpg

Last edited:
Elbow healed up enough to get the rear tire mounted and reinstalled. 1st ride in about 3-4 months. Felt like every crazed psycho cage driver was out to get me.

Rode to a Triumph dealer to check out a Trophy SE, to replace my '98 Goldwing ( the NC stays ), it may be getting a new buddy too.

You buying second hand or new ? Have you checked out the BM1600, seeing as you already have a 6 .

Sat on a new 2015 40th Anniversary Goldwing yesterday..... Red and blacked out, looks awesome... I like that bike! :)

Finally got my rear shock reinstalled (thanks hubby!) and added two states to my NC's ridden in list. Between the in laws' place and mine is a particularly good motorcycle road. At least it would be really good, except dark + damp + foggy + running on caffeine = nerve wracking. Was planning to ride down to Shenandoah today for cobbler and curves, but that was possibly the least satisfying four hours of sleep ever (tiny human is cutting molars).
I also realized I really need to do something about the NC's poor lighting before I do much more night riding.

*hubby edit* I'm going to have to also see about adjusting her headlight down. With the lust racing dog bones and Wilber shock, even after dropping her triple tree on the front shocks to level it out it looks like she has her brights on when riding behind you. That might have an impact on road visibility... But yes, more lighting is in the plans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back