• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Chain lube

Both of my local super centers have a small motorcycle/atv section in the general automotives area with the lube, chain cleaner, grunge brush, fringe tassels, skull bandana, etc.

Looks like ill be going to walmart.i got what the Honda dealer uses and its 14.00 a can.its good stuff and goes on white but if the walmart stuff is just as good and cheaper ill get it.

I checked 2 of the 3 Wal-Mart's in town and neither stock any motorcycle products. The auto parts stores in town stock m/c oil, oil filters and spark plugs, but no chain cleaners or lubes. I have to get my chain products from the m/c dealers at premium prices :-(. I haven't checked online sources yet.

I checked 2 of the 3 Wal-Mart's in town and neither stock any motorcycle products. The auto parts stores in town stock m/c oil, oil filters and spark plugs, but no chain cleaners or lubes. I have to get my chain products from the m/c dealers at premium prices :-(. I haven't checked online sources yet.

For cleaner, it's hard to beat kerosene. Works as well as the bike specific stuff and a lot less expensive. There is a chance that you may be able to get the DuPont lube locally also. DuPont makes Their Chain Saver in bottles as well as spray cans. Some of the Lowes down here carry the bottles. At any rate it may be worth checking if you have a local Lowes.

Bob

Check Lowes or Home Depot for garage door chain lube. My local Honda dealer service manager uses it and swears it is the same stuff as Honda Pro Lube. I went to buy some but it wasn't any cheaper than the Honda Pro Lube.

i know people who get long service life out of o and x-ring chains using only WD40 to clean it and no lube. I have actually considered doing this as well.

Maybe I will. Hmmm.

i know people who get long service life out of o and x-ring chains using only WD40 to clean it and no lube. I have actually considered doing this as well.

Maybe I will. Hmmm.

I've used WD40 to clean the chain - seems to work as well as anything else I've used, but I follow it with Chain Wax (after wiping the chain clean). I've heard/read so many admonitions about using WD40 alone that I'm reluctant to do so - the Service Manager at my local Honda dealer was the most adamant about not letting WD40 touch the chain! I've also heard from other sources that WD40 is harmless to O and X ring chains, which I believe is true. My biggest concern is whether or not it provides sufficient lubrication for the exposed parts of the chain and sprockets. It would sure be a lot less expense (time and money) to just use 1 product to clean (mostly just accumulated dust) & lube the chain - and WD40 is so readily available and less expensive than most any other chain specific product.

Back