• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gear shifting up not smooth after cleaning/lubing the chain and changing the oil

I did more digging on this subject. One of the users from a NC UK sister forum wrote (emphasis mine).
In basic terms it's the DCT control system learning where the clutches just take up the drive. This allows the clutch slip/drive control to then work as intended. It's there principally for the initial build with new clutch packs, or if the ECU is changed and needs to learn for the first time, but I find it does help after you've done an oil change for example or near the end of the service interval where things have gradually changed. I can't see any downsides to doing it whenever you feel the clutch take up isn't quite as smooth as you'd expect.
First time I tried it, the progression of the clutch take up had got a bit snatchy, it would slip OK as you began to move off but then felt like it "grabbed". Doing the procedure solved this for my bike.
Seems this person had similar experience as me with the DCT and oil change.

I did more digging on this subject. One of the users from a NC UK sister forum wrote (emphasis mine).

Seems this person had similar experience as me with the DCT and oil change.
DCT reset procedure has been discussed many times here and elsewhere. This thread is as good as any to describe how the system adjusts to variations in oil and clutch wear. If it needs to be done on a regular basis and the correct oil and filters are being used there may be something wrong with the particular motorcycle.

Attachments

• DCT Development.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back