• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC 750 Centre Stand.

Bart

Reaction score
Visit site
The centre stand on my NC 750 its very difficult to use as, you need to lift the bike onto the stand , when on the stand the rear wheel is 100mm (4inch) of the ground is this normal? To use the stand I need to run the back wheel onto a 4X2 length of wood to raise the bike, then getting it on the stand is easy.
Best regards
Bart

What model year is your 750? Is it an NC750X? Sounds like you might have a late model short suspension 750X with a stand meant for a pre-‘21. Are you certain that the centre stand is the correct accessory for your model/year?

Last edited:
What model year is your 750? Is it an NC750X? Sounds like you might have a late model short suspension 750X with a stand meant for a pre-‘21. Are you certain that the centre stand is the correct accessory for your model/year?
Hi. Thanks for your reply. My bike is a NC750 SA-K a 2019 model. I'm the 3rd owner so have no idea who fitted the centre stand.
Regards Bart

Hi. Thanks for your reply. My bike is a NC750 SA-K a 2019 model. I'm the 3rd owner so have no idea who fitted the centre stand.
Regards Bart
I suggest someone along the way may have installed an X version centre stand on your S model. The 2012-2020 NC700X or NC750X stand would be too tall, causing the problems you described. To confirm this hypothesis, since there is likely no identification stamped on the stand itself, we’d need to compare mesurements of your stand vs a known proper X or S stand.

There was also the suggestion earlier that you may have the correct stand but your bike’s suspension was lowered. I would not expect someone to lower an S, but do you know if the rear suspension links are stock?

I suggest someone along the way may have installed an X version centre stand on your S model. The 2012-2020 NC700X or NC750X stand would be too tall, causing the problems you described. To confirm this hypothesis, since there is likely no identification stamped on the stand itself, we’d need to compare mesurements of your stand vs a known proper X or S stand.

There was also the suggestion earlier that you may have the correct stand but your bike’s suspension was lowered. I would not expect someone to lower an S, but do you know if the rear suspension links are stock?
I've checked the seat hight which is standard at 790mm (31 1/8 ) so it looks like the centre stand is not the correct model.
Many thanks for your help.
Bart

I just measured a "S" center stand that I purchased from a forum member. It measures approximately 9.5 inches from the pad to the center line of the pivot point. I hardly ride the NC so I haven't installed it or the lowering links yet. No, it's not for sale.

This is part of something I posted this on the UK NC forum.

By making the lower links hole centres shorter I have actually raised the bike a little so (maybe counterintuitively) you don't have to lift so high to put it on the centre stand. They are raising links not lowering links. The Youtube video at the link below shows an Australian guy doing the same mod that I did to make his NC easier to put on the stand. I have also modified the prop stand foot to as he did to reduce the lean now that the back end is higher. I've measured the links I made and the hole centres are 5 mm shorter than the originals. If I was making them again I would probably try 6 or 7 mm less.

My NC is a 2022 model. I don't know if that measurement would work for earlier models but on the centre stand with the links removed it is easy to jack the rear wheel up/down and measure the centres that give you a smaller gap between the tyre and the ground.

I added this next bit to try to make what I had said more clear.

"If you fit rear suspension lower links with a smaller hole center distance the bike is easier to put on the centre stand. The rear wheel is then closer to the ground when on the centre stand. Effectively this means that you are actually not having to lift up the bike so much when using the centre stand. You can buy lowering links and there are also some that are adjustable." (I should have added that the adjustable link may have enough movement the other way to make the hole centres smaller This would probably have made it clearer. Apologies if this has caused some confusion.)

Hi NC750X owners,

I was hoping one or two of you who have a 2021-onwards NC750X (i.e. the newly lower version, with the OEM Center / Centre Stand 08M70-MKW-D00) would be so kind as to measure the height of the stand from the foot base to the center of the pivot point - AND I HAVE THE SAME REQUEST for the 2020-and-earlier NC750X (i.e. the earlier / normal height version with the OEM Center Stand 08M70-MGS-A30).

I'm asking because I have lowered my 2020 using Soupy's adjustable lowering links and didn't measure the height of the bike before or after installing that.

Once I have those measurements, I'll jack up the bike at the pivot point to the correct heights of the stands and see how the bike sits. Assuming it's not ridiculously high, it should be relatively easy to get up onto the stand and not be either too low or too high to be unsafe.

I know I could always cut down the correct OEM standard for my bike, but if the newer OEM stand will work out of the box, I'd rather go that route.

Thanks.

Back