• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't speak to those particular boots as I haven't used them. I can speak to the Forma Adventure Low boots though (they come in a 'regular' version too - much higher up the shin). These are almost hiking boot comfortable after a little break-in. They've kept my feet warm & dry but also not too hot either! The 2-buckle closure means they take seconds to put on/take off. They're also about $60 less at Revzilla, although you can get them even cheaper from Italy if you're patient on the shipping!

Its funny that you mentioned Forma boots as I was not that familiar with them. I actually checked out some at a local store Forma Jasper Boots - RevZilla I didn't really see any issues with them. They seemed well made. Only reason I have crossed them off my list was figured I would try a Gortex vs another waterproof membrane. I like my current boots just the waterproof membrane is breaking down. We get can get a lot of water here so that is the upgrade I'm going for. My best price on Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots - RevZilla is about $208 US. I'm not complaining about the pricing just trying to get the best value as I would like to have them for a while.

So I went to my old business partners house today around 7:30pm..

Saw forum member's Red NC and his wifes bikes parked just down the street from my house attending a concert at the outdoor venue just down the street from my house. (Cain Park)
Was in a hurry and did not have time to stop or to take a pic.
BUt had the pleasure of being a 1/2 mile behind the storm all the way home around 9:40pm. I got wet roads but no direct rain. It was crazy! I must have been moving the same speed as the storm!

I'll chalk that up as a win!

Also, my wireless ear buds came today from the deal thread here on the forum. THEY RULE. SOOOOOOO goood!

Its funny that you mentioned Forma boots as I was not that familiar with them. I actually checked out some at a local store Forma Jasper Boots - RevZilla I didn't really see any issues with them. They seemed well made. Only reason I have crossed them off my list was figured I would try a Gortex vs another waterproof membrane. I like my current boots just the waterproof membrane is breaking down. We get can get a lot of water here so that is the upgrade I'm going for. My best price on Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots - RevZilla is about $208 US. I'm not complaining about the pricing just trying to get the best value as I would like to have them for a while.

I have the Astars new land gtx...more or less the shorter version of those boots. I got stuck in the pouring rain for a couple of hours. By the time I was done for the day my feet were the only dry part of my body. A couple minor things I don't like them, the closure straps are on the outside of the boot and no lateral ankle protecting, but do everything I'm looking for.

Alpinestars New Land GTX Boots - RevZilla

I have the Astars new land gtx...more or less the shorter version of those boots. I got stuck in the pouring rain for a couple of hours. By the time I was done for the day my feet were the only dry part of my body. A couple minor things I don't like them, the closure straps are on the outside of the boot and no lateral ankle protecting, but do everything I'm looking for.

How long have you had them? I hear you on the outside velcro closure. One of mine is wearing out on my Roam 2 starting season 3. I only have one more store to visit but still leaning to the Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots. I have been told that one of the downsides is they can be warm.

On a side I did try on REV'IT! Discovery OutDry Boots - RevZilla they really are lovely. The interior fit is really nice, like a hiking boot and the closure system is cool. Cadillac boot comes with a Cadillac price. Other than the price I think this would be nice for most people. For myself, I have thick calves which means that the boa closure system causes some inconsistent pressure. I would like the shoe part where the laces would normally be tighter. On me there is more pressure around the calf and less for the lace area. This also makes it so that the velcro cover peace doesn't fit so well as the calf pulls it back making the velcro contact smaller than ideal. Still a nice boot but not ideal for me and more interested in half the budget :)

How long have you had them? I hear you on the outside velcro closure. One of mine is wearing out on my Roam 2 starting season 3. I only have one more store to visit but still leaning to the Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots. I have been told that one of the downsides is they can be warm.

On a side I did try on REV'IT! Discovery OutDry Boots - RevZilla they really are lovely. The interior fit is really nice, like a hiking boot and the closure system is cool. Cadillac boot comes with a Cadillac price. Other than the price I think this would be nice for most people. For myself, I have thick calves which means that the boa closure system causes some inconsistent pressure. I would like the shoe part where the laces would normally be tighter. On me there is more pressure around the calf and less for the lace area. This also makes it so that the velcro cover peace doesn't fit so well as the calf pulls it back making the velcro contact smaller than ideal. Still a nice boot but not ideal for me and more interested in half the budget :)

I've only had them for a little over a month. They are fairly quick to get on/off which is nice for commuting. So far, i like them for what i use them for.

In Europe, it is apparently Ride to work Day, so in keeping with the spirit, I turned my NC into a wave runner and rode in. Wasnt raining, but the humidity was so bad I was more than damp when I got to work, my pants still are not completely dry.

Rode in to work today, hit a low flying cloud and got "misted" Forcasted to rain later.. well see. Rain gear in my panniers.. should be all good.

Lead a ~300 mile ride from the Sacramento valley through the foothills to South Lake Tahoe for lunch and back, about 84º F when we left at 8am, about 79º in Tahoe at noon, 106º F riding home through the valley. :sweat: :cool:

Bear_Valley_Res.jpg

Bear River Resv.

Bear_Valley_Vista.jpg

The vista above Bear River, only in the 70s at that location around 10ish, still some snow here and there in the Sierras.

I rode today with four recent transplants from the UK, now living in Vancouver BC. I guess they think our traffic signs south of the border here are still Kilos and not Miles because wow did they back up traffic around Flathead Lake ; }

They all thought the NC was pretty cool especially when I said I was averaging over 73 mpg, also asked if I had DCT. I said I would, if I lived in a more urban/suburban area.

I rode today with four recent transplants from the UK, now living in Vancouver BC. I guess they think our traffic signs south of the border here are still Kilos and not Miles because wow did they back up traffic around Flathead Lake ; }

They all thought the NC was pretty cool especially when I said I was averaging over 73 mpg, also asked if I had DCT. I said I would, if I lived in a more urban/suburban area.

Kilos (k) is a measurement of weight, so we'll just assume you meant a shorthand version of kilometres (km) (aka kilometers)?!! :p 73mpg, is that using imperial gallons? Impressive none-the-less! But where's the <incredible> picture to go with the post? Got to say, this isn't up to your usual standard. Very disappointing!! :( I do hope you at least stopped for a nice cuppa!!

PS all in jest, just in case the sarcastic humour from another UK transplant didn't make it across the digital divide!!

Rode to work per usual today, but due to the weather took an extended scenic route in. Got to say that it was one of those mornings where I almost didn't make the final turn into the office and instead just kept riding to see where the road would take me!!

Time to new muffler and video tutorial for community [video=youtube_share;MZlxUqp4FC8]https://youtu.be/MZlxUqp4FC8[/video]

Rode to work as usual. Hip is killing me. This is getting really annoying.

Also got my Seat Concepts seat yesterday. So far.. not sure I like it at all. Really squishy, drops off on the back. Kind of hard to explain but towards the back the foam seems to drop off. It's grippy but not supportive. Kind of bummed. I was expecting more. BUT... I'll give it a good chance and see if it gets better.. if not I'll go back to the Sargent and maybe try something else later.

Kind of sucks that most of these seats are SO far off. I have never had motorcycle where the stock seat or the after markets were so far away from a pretty neutral "comfort". This seat deal could be the deal breaker someday for me... I like everything about the bike but the seat. And I'm a pretty normal sized guy. 5'10", 200lbs fairly fit... so I'm not on either of the extreme scale of riders of tiny or large. You would think this this seat deal would not be so hard to get right!

interested in hearing more.

Rode to work as usual. Hip is killing me. This is getting really annoying.

Also got my Seat Concepts seat yesterday. So far.. not sure I like it at all. Really squishy, drops off on the back. Kind of hard to explain but towards the back the foam seems to drop off. It's grippy but not supportive. Kind of bummed. I was expecting more. BUT... I'll give it a good chance and see if it gets better.. if not I'll go back to the Sargent and maybe try something else later.

Kind of sucks that most of these seats are SO far off. I have never had motorcycle where the stock seat or the after markets were so far away from a pretty neutral "comfort". This seat deal could be the deal breaker someday for me... I like everything about the bike but the seat. And I'm a pretty normal sized guy. 5'10", 200lbs fairly fit... so I'm not on either of the extreme scale of riders of tiny or large. You would think this this seat deal would not be so hard to get right!

interested in hearing more.

Will try to get more time on the seat and report back.
My stupid hip is just generally hurting me this week, so that's not helping, but the SC seat is just weird.

It's like you stand up and sit down (feet on pegs) and it's comfortable. Then after a few min, the seat bites your ***. Like the foam bearing the weight sucks in and causes a sideways butt wedgie.
If you move back, the back of the seat seems to fall off... BUT the material keeps you in place, and they def fixed the forward sliding problem... Hopefully a break in is required.... we'll see!

Kilos (k) is a measurement of weight, so we'll just assume you meant a shorthand version of kilometres (km) (aka kilometers)?!! :p 73mpg, is that using imperial gallons? Impressive none-the-less! But where's the <incredible> picture to go with the post? Got to say, this isn't up to your usual standard. Very disappointing!! :( I do hope you at least stopped for a nice cuppa!!

PS all in jest, just in case the sarcastic humour from another UK transplant didn't make it across the digital divide!!
Or a gram is a measurement of weight. Kilo is short for a Kilogram.

Kilo represents a thousand whether it be a thousand grams or a thousand meters. Even this American can understand metrics.

Rode to work. Beautiful day.
Stopped at Costco on the way home. Got a chance to test all my luggage and my bungies. Note to self.... Take the truck when you have to stop at Costco.
>Thom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back