• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People round here say clicks for kilometres and kilos for kilograms. We switched from imperial to metric around 1970 but I still weigh 200 pounds and I'm 5' 11". 45 years later and we are still working on it.

My mom had a story about leaving England for France in 1955. At the market she asked for two kilometres of potatoes!

Seat Concepts seat felt like 2% better today. Maybe some miles will help it. I will say it is STICKY, I planted my left cheek on the seat and leaned hard today on my big tight RH circle highway exit and was able to hit 76mph... a personal record.. I love when there is no traffic in front of me on that exit! I feel like I have a sport bike again on that turn. :D

Seat Concepts seat felt like 2% better today. Maybe some miles will help it. I will say it is STICKY, I planted my left cheek on the seat and leaned hard today on my big tight RH circle highway exit and was able to hit 76mph... a personal record.. I love when there is no traffic in front of me on that exit! I feel like I have a sport bike again on that turn. :D
Yes seat concepts gets better with time and miles

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My excitement yesterday was walking out to my garage and seeing my rear tire flat. There was a small bolt right in the middle.

Conveniently, I had bought a puncture repair kit based on suggestions on "what do I carry" threads on the forum. It is one of those sticky worm style kits. I had thought ahead and printed instructions but this was my first time doing it so I wasn't 100% sure how to use it so I put the plug in as best as I could and rode over to my local small town tire repair store. They assured me that if I had used the rubber cement as well as the worm from my kit the repair would have been just fine. They taught me how to do it from the beginning and redid the plug using a better (so they claimed) bowtie plug (like this), and rubber cement.

I am happy I had the kit and happy that I was home and near the tire center for the first time using it.

My excitement yesterday was walking out to my garage and seeing my rear tire flat. There was a small bolt right in the middle.

Conveniently, I had bought a puncture repair kit based on suggestions on "what do I carry" threads on the forum. It is one of those sticky worm style kits. I had thought ahead and printed instructions but this was my first time doing it so I wasn't 100% sure how to use it so I put the plug in as best as I could and rode over to my local small town tire repair store. They assured me that if I had used the rubber cement as well as the worm from my kit the repair would have been just fine. They taught me how to do it from the beginning and redid the plug using a better (so they claimed) bowtie plug (like this), and rubber cement.

I am happy I had the kit and happy that I was home and near the tire center for the first time using it.
Happy endings are the best. For first timers that haven't been forced by circumstance to try that tire repair kit, try it out on a worn tire just before changing to a new tire. Stick a nail or screw into it creating a flat and then try fixing it with your kit. You won't be hurting the old worn out tire and will gain experience and confidence that you may need when conditions are a bit tougher. Just my 2-cents.

Ray

Last edited:
gain experience and confidence that you may need when conditions are a bit tougher

Fully agree. I had the luxury of being in my clean dry garage with access to a computer to Google for clarification. It was best scenario.

The same goes with changing a tire on your car or any other emergency stuff (adding windshield fluid, etc). When I got my drivers licence by father taught me all that stuff before I was allowed to take the car out on my own. I had to change a tire all on my own. Know how to jump it - and carry jumper cables in your trunk, and a roadside emergency kit (blanket, candle, etc). Stash $20 somewhere in your car for that time you need gas but forgot your wallet.

Seriously, that goes for everything in life. Know where the water shut off valve is for your house. How do you change a fuse/reset a breaker? All this stuff you need to know BEFORE you need to know it on the spot.

Back when I rode ATV I was plugging tires all the frickin' time. Seems like when using the better tool and plugs the fixes would last for ages. Right now I have cheap Slime-branded plug tool and plugs... probably should look around a little for something that's maybe better...

Grinned for the cameraman during Sunday's small group ride in SoCal: Pacific Coast Highway north to Malibu Canyon Road, through Mulholland Highway's twisties to the iconic Rock Store, up the treacherous Snake to the Lookout (this photo), and finally down the fast sweepers of Encinal Canyon, northbound on PCH for a nice lunch at always-busy Neptune's Net, just across the Ventura County line. Then a looong ride back home to Orange County.

NOCSMMMR-Lee-061817-PAID-Lee-w1000.jpg

Mocked up a pillion rack to use with Mosko Moto Reckless 80 bags. Have a Dale's rack but the edges were to sharp, the shape and slope was off, and the height and width just weren't working for the Reckless bags (was going to cause wear points). Probably $10 in materials, 14 trips to hardware store(s), 5 hours of my time. The mock up might be the final product!
20170624_012038462_iOS.jpg

20170624_011634749_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20170624_012005040_iOS.jpg
    20170624_012005040_iOS.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 222
Mocked up a pillion rack to use with Mosko Moto Reckless 80 bags. Have a Dale's rack but the edges were to sharp, the shape and slope was off, and the height and width just weren't working for the Reckless bags (was going to cause wear points).
Maybe a saddle blanket (pad) under your saddle bags may have worked to alleviate wear points. But your solution may be best for you.

Ray

Maybe a saddle blanket (pad) under your saddle bags may have worked to alleviate wear points. But your solution may be best for you.

Ray

Good thought, but the widest part of Dales Rack comes to a shallow point and sits rather high. I will need to purchase a tail rack to attach the rear straps and should be good to go. Follow up post next week after rack arrives.

Going to be over 100 in Portland this weekend, so I got up at 6am and snuck out for a 2 hour ride before the heat arrived. Perfect 75 degrees...

The wife and i rode the ncx to blue ridge power sports. A little far but they had pretty much every bike i wanted to look at.
I really like the 250l really, the wife wants me to get a African twin... She like the new rebel 300, but the engine in the 500 is a bit wide, same with the old rebel 250.

We ended up buying a vstar 250 for her first bike.

Rode up to Glacier NP and did some hiking. The Pelican Air box I mounted on my HondaBikePro rack, along with the frunk and the Junior 55 top box, made it more practical to still wear armored gear and then strip back to hiking stuff for a nicer time on the trails.

Lookitthat! Flat country with curves and undulations. Whodathunkit? Take that, Kansas!

The flatter land below me in that image is part of what used to be the bottom of huge Glacial Lake Missoula (read up on the catastrophic flooding and watch the sim video on youtube). The "hills" four to five miles away top out ~2200 feet above that floor/bottom. The road below me is a steep winding grade that I'm around 500 feet above in this position -- soon to be at about the same elevation as those distant glacial shorelines. I'm fortunate to have diverse geological and geographical features to ride around on in my area ; }

I forgot to mention that one week ago yesterday I spent eight hours on Father's Day riding on my new-to-me Shad Comfort Seat wearing my new-to-me Ebay Special Aerostich Roadcrafter One Piece R-3 Light suit. I was camped out on Ebay for a couple of years waiting for an R-3 to show up in my price range. The R-3 is to replace the mesh gear I own. I rode to the Lincoln Fireman's BBQ in Lincoln VT by way of twenty miles of dirt roads. My club paid the meal fee for any members who showed up. Rain was threatened so my son Max stayed home. We went on a long ride a couple of days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back