• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SW-MOTECH 7/8" Barback Offset Handlebar Risers arrived today. It took 15 mins to install max. Fits just as planned. The bars now fits me perfectly with the bars in a near stock upright position. Before I had the bars leaned back towards me for comfort.

Note !. I had to pull a little slack into the clutch side electric control cable...not a problem as plenty of slack exixsts

Note 2. The raiser mounts come real close to hitting the Frunk at full lock...but it does NOT hit them...

IMG_20150909_174431911_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20150909_174441548_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20150909_174448575_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20150909_174507704_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20150909_174541993[1].jpgIMG_20150909_174548604_HDR[1].jpg

Last edited:
Rode NaNCy (NC700X) to work after over a week of getting Sparky (Zero SR).

Here's what I noticed between the 2 bikes.

1. The ergonomics are on the NC700X are more upright and higher setting.
  2. The acceleration on the NC700X feel like a slug when compared to that of the Zero SR.
  3. The seating area feels more roomer on the NC700X, better suited for 2-Up riding.
  4. There's considerably more vibration on the NC700X when compared to the Zero SR.
  5. It is very easy to find "Your Groove" on both bikes when out on the highway.
  6. The NC700X requires more riding input and interaction when compared to the Zero SR.
  7. The average cost to ride the NC700X to work round-trip is about $4/day (@ $3.80/gal) and "$0" for the Zero SR.

Both of these bikes are "Great" and each has it purpose. Both are greatly suited for commuting duty. However the Zero is more financially sound for daily use as a Commuter, as I can charge it at work for "FREE". Who can argue with that?

The NC700X beats the Zero for long distance riding, as the Zero takes hours to charge. One can fuel up the NC700X in about 20 minutes with both a restroom break and having a quick snack.

I have found those these bikes to be Ying and Yang of my riding style and bring a balance to my riding karma. :cool:

Interesting facts

Rode NaNCy (NC700X) to work after over a week of getting Sparky (Zero SR).

Here's what I noticed between the 2 bikes
[*]The average cost to ride the NC700X to work round-trip is about $4/day (@ $3.80/gal) and "$0" for the Zero SR.

Both of these bikes are "Great" and each has it purpose. Both are greatly suited for commuting duty. However the Zero is more financially sound for daily use as a Commuter, as I can charge it at work for "FREE". Who can argue with that?

Are you able to go both ways on your commute to and from work on only the ONE RECHARGING per day for free at work? I thought in an earlier post you stated it requires 63% of the battery capacity for a one way trip to, or from work? (Which would necessitate an additional recharge per commute day at some cost)
Have you calculated how long using the FREE RECHARGING at work it will take you to accrue the extra dollars that Sparky cost over the cost of NaNCy? What is the actual fuel cost savings per day, week, month or year that Sparky provides, and how many years will it take to recoup the purchase cost of Sparky that exceeded the purchase cost of NaNCY, and then your SAVINGS will begin!
Or in a worst case scenario, how long to recoup the difference in purchase cost if you lose your job and the free recharge at your current employer?

Rode up to the Harley plant for their annual open house, so I could take a picture of an NC surrounded by sea of Harley's for the Tag Game (something out of place). There weren't as many bikes there as I thought there would be, I've been to some in the past where the parking lot was completely full. I don't think it was even a quarter full today. Saturday will probably be busier as more people will be able to go. I did see a few other non-Harleys there.
P1040541.jpg

I only took one demo ride, a Street Glide Special didn't like it, too big & heavy and the seat was too low, wasn't comfortable on it at all.
The Demo ride area; the demo bikes were all out when I took this.
P1040540.jpg

P1040538.jpg

I went in for the plant tour and got a few pictures before I was told that wasn't allowed;
P1040529.jpgP1040531.jpgP1040534.jpgP1040535.jpgP1040536.jpg

Are you able to go both ways on your commute to and from work on only the ONE RECHARGING per day for free at work? I thought in an earlier post you stated it requires 63% of the battery capacity for a one way trip to, or from work? (Which would necessitate an additional recharge per commute day at some cost)
Have you calculated how long using the FREE RECHARGING at work it will take you to accrue the extra dollars that Sparky cost over the cost of NaNCy? What is the actual fuel cost savings per day, week, month or year that Sparky provides, and how many years will it take to recoup the purchase cost of Sparky that exceeded the purchase cost of NaNCY, and then your SAVINGS will begin!
Or in a worst case scenario, how long to recoup the difference in purchase cost if you lose your job and the free recharge at your current employer?

Yes, I could go round-trip on a single charge, however it could be splitting hairs at times if I change my route too much. I am given the option to recharge the bike at "No Charge" to me. Again, why would I not decide to use it when its available to me?

You asking me to justify the cost of buying a 747 to get free peanuts. If are trying to prove that my decision to purchase Sparky based on this entirely, then I would like a fool with this comparison. One has to look at things differently.

I calculated the average fuel cost during the time I owned my ST1300 and drove it an average of 4 days a week over a 8 year period to be about $9,600. I had some major repairs done over the years that came out to $3,500, the average tires cost of $4,800 and $1,500 in insurance over that time period. So I spend about $19,400 owning that ST1300 for 8 years. I also bought the bike for $8,000 in 2007. The grand total would be $27,400 for the cost of ownership. If you look at this way, the Zero will cost me less out of the gate.

For discussion purposes, let's say that I was 7 kWh each way everyday, making for 14 kWh of electricity. Using the current the utility rate of $0.10/kWh. I will cost me $1.40/day a total of 60 miles round-trip. Thus costing me ($1.40 / 60) $0.0233/mile.

The NC700X cost per mile is about $0.06667. You also have to take into consideration that the Zero does not require oil changes, valve adjustments every 8,000 miles, air filters to change and etc... These will also add up over time with any gas powered bike.

The fact is that the price of fuel and oil will be going up exponentially in the years to come. The pricing of electricity will also increase too, but not as significant. If someone were to install a Solar Electrical System on their home, then those cost can be offsetted.

I have not heard about a commercially available product you can put onto any internal combustion engine to offset the fuel cost. Once you hear about such an item, I do believe that everyone on this forum would like to know that information immediately.

Jobs come and go. I am sure that many people here have changed a job many times over the years. Counting on the "Free" electricity is not an options, it's "Perk" the company offers to it's employees. I am sure that any place you go, they would likely let you plug in an electric vehicle if you were to ask them about it.

I am in this for the long haul. If I own the bike 5, 10, or 15 years it will still work out of me.

If everyone were to rationalize all their purchases, we'd all have nothing, be gathering stones and twigs. Not all purchases are "Black & White"... :eek:

Time to ride! Chain cleaning and maintenance completed tonight. Put on a new AirHawk 2 and will try it out tomorrow on a ride about town, see if I can get it tuned to my arse.

Well over the last week I have added:

Michelin PR4s

Givi V46 top case (thanks showkey)

Givi PL1111 kit and M5 plate (thanks Dduleln)

New 12v bar mount to replace my cracked one

Battery tender quick connect

Nebraskagirl and I rode down to Pawhuska, OK and Osage Hills State Park today, 150 miles and the weather was perfect!

5bfa5dcf422b9cf24b05820d77478473.jpg

ceed9e8e2fec215c7b22e3900fd89709.jpg

fc70375478fec58ee6fa8bd8443bf95b.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Huricane Ridge Ride - Olymipc Peninsula, WA

Rode from Gig Harbor to Port Angeles via the Hood Canal Bridge. Into the Park, and up to Hurricane Ridge (wonderful turns). Then back down, along the Hood Canal, cut off to Union then Purdy and home. 290 miles, light traffic, seven nice hours (and some fun twisties too). I think my blood pressure dropped to near half from the time I left. Beautiful Washington day.

Pics or it didn't happen...Ride safe.

HR1.jpgHR2.jpgHR3.jpgHR4.jpgHR5.jpgMC Hood Canal2.jpg

I inspected the brakes today in preparation for the HU meet. I was expecting it to be just some lubrication since there looked to be plenty of pad left both front and rear. But when I removed the rear pads, I saw a thin crack between the pad and the baseplate. Anyone seen anything like this before? I'm at 21,000 miles and they are the original pads.

uploadfromtaptalk1442112907257.jpg

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Looks like a manufacturing defect. Probably been there since new. To be on the safe side I'd replace them as soon as you can get new ones. In theory a piece could break off. The pads stay very close to the rotor so it probably wouldn't go anywhere but it could cause the brake to be a bit wonky. That is my pessimistic view.

Something cracked the rear brake pad, but no telling what caused it to crack. Lucky it is a cheap part to replace, simple labor, and you can get it quick on the internet. Something caught between the rotor and the pad. Never seen that before, but first time for everything

Rode from Gig Harbor to Port Angeles via the Hood Canal Bridge. Into the Park, and up to Hurricane Ridge (wonderful turns). Then back down, along the Hood Canal, cut off to Union then Purdy and home. 290 miles, light traffic, seven nice hours (and some fun twisties too). I think my blood pressure dropped to near half from the time I left. Beautiful Washington day.

Beautiful! :eek: My blood pressure went down just seeing the pictures, so I'm amazed you survived the scenes in real life, lol

Yesterday I rode the Mountain Goat rally, a ten hour with all bonii in Pennsylvania. Hammy (our fearless rally master) seems to have picked the best motorcycle roads in the state and then found something interesting on each for riders to take a picture of to prove they were there. He did a good job of it.
Unfortunately it rained all day. Wet, hairpin turns with the occasional coating of leaves kept the blood pumping, and Chupa and I had some firsts - rode a metal grate bridge with knobbies (no thank you very much), and our first covered bridges. I was moderately prepared, with waterproof pants liner and waterproof/heated jacket liner, so I didn't freeze. I'm finally going to buy motorcycle boots though...had puddles sloshing around in them.
Some proof that it happened
KIMG0643.jpgKIMG0646.jpg
I was rocking my route, though I'd had to cut one location due to excessive walking around time at a bonus but was still feeling pretty good about things when Chupa and I experienced another first - coming up to a stop sign steering suddenly went wonky and the bars started shaking. I leaned over for a look and sure enough, the front tire was dead. So we hobbled across the intersection and out of the way, I tried to find the problem but didn't see any nails or obvious gashes. Called in to let them know I'd be dnf and a trailer was dispatched to retrieve us. My mother in law met us at the finish with her truck and the bike was wrestled in by some fellow riders. Chupa will spend the week at the in laws' and then hubby will bring her home when he gets back from the work trip he left for last night. I guess this is my cue to put street tires back on before HU.
PS, the points I had accumulated to that point would've been good enough to tie me for 5th place. Pretty satisfied with that.

Nice pics..

I took advantage of a break in the heat...only 75 today and got out for 240 mile backroad wander. No pics but a great time was had by all. (me)
I did ride through the megapolis of Erect, NC. Do what you will with that info.

Yesterday I rode the Mountain Goat rally, a ten hour with all bonii in Pennsylvania.

Sounds like a very fun thing-the picture taking rally kind of adventure- awesome! :D

That furry thing gave me quite an unexpected start when first scrolling down, hahahahaha :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back