• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
last sunday we went to Scarborough did a 160 or so run.
on the way home we went the scenic rout .
went for a short spin today .the weather was nice so we took advantage for tomorrow and the day after forecast rain.
just over 60 miles in all.

Methinks the local tourist board owe you a debt of gratitude. You certainly have me looking forward to a trip over to that area sometime soon. I will obviously give you a shout first to get some hints and tips on routes to take.

Videos from this past weekends' rides.

Here is a short one showing some of the skies that were threatening storms all day but barely spat out a few sprinkles.
[video=youtube_share;Qy2eLncbK5M]https://youtu.be/Qy2eLncbK5M[/video]

These next three are from Sunday and show the trip from Louisville to New Haven to Bardstown (Willett Distillery) and back to Louisville. Total miles on Sunday was just over 160.
[video=youtube_share;UWo_gAB_FKk]https://youtu.be/UWo_gAB_FKk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;gZPAxlLaPvE]https://youtu.be/gZPAxlLaPvE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;ahOOzdsrDH4]https://youtu.be/ahOOzdsrDH4[/video]

Despite my reservations I took the bike to work today. The OC Bike Week is this weekend and thousands of conformis.... I mean rugged individuals on their Hawgs descend to Ocean City and my nice nearly silent 33 mile commute to work is ruined by a long train of unmuffled cruisers going slower than the speed limit. Today wasn't bad but the NC is put up until next week even though it will be perfect weather all weekend.

You folks in Kentucky seem to have a lot of Distillaries and tunnels.

And going to be more... Oldham county is going to have a vote in the near future to see if they will go 'wet' and have package stores (thus wine and whiskey tastings at winerys and distilleries) and another tunnel is being built for the new east end Ohio River bridge to go under some historical property (it will be the longest tunnel in Ky).

I ride by that construction site all the time. It will be cool once they finish it.

And I am OK with all the distilleries. Just need a hack so someone can drive me to all of them.

Had to blow the dust off, spent the last week riding up the coast in Oregon, visiting family in Washington, then back through The Dalles to Klamath Falls, then back home. Got to Crater Lake too late in the day so I'll "have" to make another trip to see/do stuff there. I took my Wing as my buddies were riding a Guzzi California 1400 and a HD Ultra, and I'm not ready for a week long ride on the NC. We had about 90 miles of steady rain from north of Weed to Redding on the last leg home, lots of fun through those mountains. Good trip, may try to take the NC when I catch Crater Lake in the future. Did not get many pictures, we covered a bit over 1800 miles but delays for road work made for some long days.

Yesterday I finally got around to taking the Vista Cruise throttle lock I installed last year off of the bike. The VC was limiting the reach of my right thumb on my size 8.5 hands from hitting the S-D mode buttons and completely blocking the MT switch from my right forefinger. I had been changing S-D modes with my left hand. I went with an O-ring as a replacement throttle lock that I bought off of Ebay:

8M4991 Yellow Caterpillar Silicone O Rings Motorcycle Throttle Lock | eBay

It seems to work just as well as the VC did. I had the bike out for a two hour ride through some very tight turns on newly repaved roads yesterday after I made the change. Access to the MT switch made the ride much more enjoyable.

Put on a Sargent seat and rear brake pads. Now to bed them in.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Hey Mike.... Could you let me, or all of us, know how you like that seat, PLEASE? I've been thinking of getting one myself since they're right over there in Jacksonville. I just can't seem to make the ride over there....yet. lol

Last edited:
Went north about 80 miles to ride a curvy Wisconsin River Road that I haven't ridden before.
I stopped in Tomahawk (Wisconsin) for a quick look at the Harley Rally (I was a guy with "adventure" riding gear in a sea of black... and I ride with a helmet.) About 50,000 folks visit a town of 3,500 for four days. The whole town and area roads were buzzing with riders, there are two main venues additional to the entire downtown, and parking lots around the bars were full of bikes.
I walked through the downtown to people/bike-watch, indulged in potatoes smothered with "church chili", onions and cheese ($3)... then left to repeat the river road back home. Only saw a few non-Harleys. Met a guy at a corner on a BMW GS and we gave each other an intensive "wave"... like "yes, we are out of place here... but nice to see ya."
Great weather for riding... about five hours.
Not much of a selfie here... ten blocks of the downtown area are cordoned off for parking bikes. (Photo came out sideways when I loaded it... oh well.)
uploadfromtaptalk1442703861704.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I couldn't make it to the The Hub to ride with STOC, but did manage to ride a little today. Found a road in Basecamp called Old Scenic Road and it lived up to its name!

belrix

081915-4.jpg

081915-3.jpg

081915-2.jpg

081915-1.jpg

had a ride up to Hartside cafe stayed about 10 minutes cold and wet.
back to alston a bit warmer and not wet but still cloudy.
on the way home we popped over to cow green reservoir and a nice view so here are some pictures.
cow green res 1.jpgcow green res.jpgcow green res road.jpg

Hartside cafe is the highest cafe in England.
during the summer months loads of bikers come here.
every time we come it almost dull and cold.
one of these days it'll be nice.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/20121956@N03/sets/72157622333469435/

Last edited:
Attended a gathering in the north Georgia mountains the last 3 days. It was originally a gathering of Piaggio MP3 ( I used to have one). I have been to all 10 since 2009. A great group of folks and a good time. I have been to all 10 gatherings and have arranged several. The group originated with MP3s but has never been exclusive. Only limitation was a minimum of Maxi Scooter in size and motorcycles welcome. 3 of us there for the weekend were on NC700s. LM15, Midnight Rider and myself. Beemerphile joined us for a half day on Saturday. At least 3 other NCs and a CTX have been at previous gatherings. We move locations around for variety. Next gathering in southwest Virginia in June 2016.

Gravel tested the Shinko 705's for the first time. I think I'm really going to like this tire. Jack of all trades tire on a jack of all trades bike.
4ba481dc50d640ecf52992a77d4dca3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed spark plugs yesterday. I'm 3-4k miles overdue. Filled the bike with fuel today. Mpg is up. Wanna know what plugs I put in it?

The Champion coppers I bought and ran for a while a year or two ago as a test. ;)

Yesterday I got the starter solenoid replaced under the latest recall for my 2014 NCXD. The recalls are AOK with me, I haven't seen any other bike I would like to replace my bike with.

Except, maybe the CRF1000 DCT:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back