• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my NC got hit by a truck at work, I had been out of commission for nearly a month. First weekend I could ride after getting fixed, I put in about 200 mi, heading to Medicine Bow Peak in the Snowy Range. It was nearly 90 degrees in town and a comfortable 50 or so up here.
32c7f6579fe16b6f0d30091f73abd0f4.jpg
f383648af2eadd027131f304617ae498.jpg
[/IMG]
5fd7915e530cf881192c7ef6d58673e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Finally; the autumn winds are beginning to blow, and the rain- I think is subsiding! Good enough for to do my Annual Servicing today!
The oil change part was easy, but it took an hour between finding lost tools after my loving and wanted to be helpful wife organized my box for me, working in the cramped space of my shed with the mowers, and every mosquito in the area found it's way in there too. :D BTW, does anyone else of go through the phenomenon of the more I try to keep things clean, the dirtier they get? I tried to clean the dirt off the outside of the bike, but I still had to make sure I got some out of the filter housing of the block. For me, it's just easier to remove the plastic fairing. I used another Purolator L14612 , and Shell Rotella T-6 5W-40 oil. Funny thing about though; my bottles say DIESEL, others say auto. But mine does say JASO-MA recommended. I used it last time for the first changed which helped dampen vibrations so...
Had to loosen the throttle a couple of millimeters. Clutch was 15 mm of play. Owners manual says between 10-20mm, so.. PERFECT! :) Also adjusted the mirrors, and checked/aired the tires, lights, head bearings, steering play....adjusted chain..yada-yada-yada.
If nothing else putting this on forum serves also as a maintenance record for me in case I misplace my written one, as has happened. :D
Next up- the Starter relay recall, installing my SW-Motech aluminum rear carrier/top-plate, and the OEM cigarette- er- power outlet!
Did a nice 50mile test ride in the beautiful weather. Had to re-adjust mirrors after I got back.
FFC..

Last edited:
Rode in a Charity Run yesterday at my local mom-pop shop-don't normally ride these things but the owners have a country camp down the hill from my place so they are kind of neighbors.
The run was a ride at your own pace, gave us directions of where to ride and we could start anytime we wanted, as long as we were back by 5:00pm.
Before the start: 100 bikes, 98 were cruisers, one Ninja and one NC700x :)

After the 105 mile ride-I heard so many state this was a long ride LOL (my daily commute to work is 80 mile round trip).

A good day riding; partly cloudy, on the cool side, high was in the mid-60s. Easy directions were given (probably because I ride most of the obscure roads on the directions) but saw many riders off course, going in the wrong direction, etc...must have been an excuse for them to stop every 20 miles or so for a 30 minute break :(

Out for just a 50 or so mile ride since it was so cool this afternoon. Only 86°!!!

As you may know weather in Florida can be radically different up/down the peninsula. Here, between Gainesville and Ocala the high was 82, and by 6pm it was upper 70's, dry, and with a cool breeze. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS! I'll take what I can get, and be happy. ;)

Rode in a Charity Run yesterday at my local mom-pop shop-don't normally ride these things but the owners have a country camp down the hill from my place so they are kind of neighbors.
The run was a ride at your own pace, gave us directions of where to ride and we could start anytime we wanted, as long as we were back by 5:00pm.
Before the start: 100 bikes, 98 were cruisers, one Ninja and one NC700x :)

After the 105 mile ride-I heard so many state this was a long ride LOL (my daily commute to work is 80 mile round trip).

A good day riding; partly cloudy, on the cool side, high was in the mid-60s. Easy directions were given (probably because I ride most of the obscure roads on the directions) but saw many riders off course, going in the wrong direction, etc...must have been an excuse for them to stop every 20 miles or so for a 30 minute break :(

Haha - Long ride! Hell, I will do that after work sometimes. I put on about 120 miles yesterday and consider that a light day. Different riding styles for different riders, I guess.

And the weather was PERFECT! :p

Over the weekend I had the local shop mount a set of Shinko 705's to replace the Avon Distanzia's. Different feel for sure with the rear being a 150/70 but I'm already getting used to it. For $40 less I can get both tires for the price of one rear. I think I'm going to like these tires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By far this is my favorite thread on this site. I look forward to seeing what everyone did on their NCs, especially on days like today where I had to drive the car to work because of the rain.

By far this is my favorite thread on this site. I look forward to seeing what everyone did on their NCs, especially on days like today where I had to drive the car to work because of the rain.

A long time ago............ in another world............before PCs even, I would have liked the alternative of a car when it was raining.
I was a lot tougher then.

last sunday we went to Scarborough did a 160 or so run.
on the way home we went the scenic rout .
DSC03125.jpgDSC03126.jpgDSC03128.jpg
went for a short spin today .the weather was nice so we took advantage for tomorrow and the day after forecast rain.
just over 60 miles in all.
DSC03131.jpgDSC03132.jpgDSC03134.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back