• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my 2012 NCX on Saturday. I have only put 20 miles on it so far. Gotta get plates today. Added a battery tender pigtail yesterday. I noticed that I slip forward on the seat so I raised that a little bit but haven't tried it yet. No owners manual or tool kit came with the bike so I have to do something about that. I already bought a factory center-stand off of eBay. My bike came with a nice rack/box and larger shield. A month from now it will go down the basement for the winter while I sun my buns in Fla. Nowhere to keep it down there. It will be interesting to see how the NCX works out.

I lived in Florida with no car and commuted on my bikes for 15 years. My bikes were kept in the parking lot. We have lots of parking lots.

Not there. The original owner said he didn't get one with the bike. No tool kit either. Did they come with one? I'm think a 8 inch crescent wrench will cover most stuff. I'll find a owners manual on EBay along with a repair manual.

Nope.

There are Phillips (actually JIS) screws, hex head bolts and allen head bolts/screws for all sorts of stuff. All over. Go figger!

My 2014 came with a fuse puller, a screwdriver and a length of steel wire with two looped ends to attach a helmet to a hook under the rear seat. And a thin plastic pouch to keep them in.
Really, what else do you need? Maybe a small crescent wrench to adjust the chain. The original owner never did it. It's a little sloppy. I don't think he ever checked the tires either. The front was 20psi and the back was 25. No wonder it steered so hard.

Completed my first oil change, after running around to three different parts stores ... the initial oil change was done at the dealer, so I figured the 600 lbs gorilla tightened filter had been taken care of.
Turns out somewhere in the service area a 450 lbs gorilla is putting their filters on, I finally found a cap small enough to fit the filter. My new filter has a nut on it for removal, but I have an Accord so the cap should work for that also. :cool:
With all the tools accumulated over the years that's one I did not have, turns a 30 min job into two hours.

Really, what else do you need? Maybe a small crescent wrench to adjust the chain. The original owner never did it. It's a little sloppy. I don't think he ever checked the tires either. The front was 20psi and the back was 25. No wonder it steered so hard.

The rear axle nut gets 72 lb-ft torque so something more than a small adjustable wrench would be needed.

Here's a link to the full offering of all the tools that would come in a complete tool kit, these are the tools that Honda would offer. Build You Own Tool Kit.

All that came in my tool kit when I got NaNCy were items, 1, 2, 4, 5, and 14.

You will require item 7, Spark Plug Socket. No aftermarket will fit down in the cavity and get around the plug to remove it.

Regarding the rear wheel nut. I'd recommend that you get yourself a 27 mm Impact Socket and a 1/2" Drive Breaker Bar.

I hope this helps you out.

Thanks I have been looking for that list.

But come on Honda :

#3 77251-GR1-000 BAG, SERVICE BOOK $2.84
#9 99001-08120 SPANNER (8X12) | (Optional). $2.39

Should a zip lock bag cost more than a wrench ????

Took a ~200 mile ride through the Sierras and valley with a stop for lunch & some sausages for the grill, IT DOESN'T RAIN in California.

Except today when I had no raingear, the tiny windshield, and the plastics off my Stormbusters, 3% chance my ***.

Luckily the wind breaker in my mesh jacket seems to be mostly waterproof, about 40 miles of light/medium rain.
At least the majority of the rain was on the home stretch.

This past Sunday was the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride the world over. Here are some highlights from Louisville KY's contingent. We had about 17 bikes (wish there were more) in the ride and had a good time.

[video=youtube_share;QOapkeFfB6o]https://youtu.be/QOapkeFfB6o[/video]

Today is a 2-for.

1. I got the attention of a CHP Motor-Patrolman while cruising down CA-118 in Simi Valley. He must just got on the freeway, because he was in the far right lane and I was in the far left. I noticed him and how he was looking my way and making eye contact. His eyes and posture told me to back it down a bit, and I did. Then he took off in a quick hurry. I saw him several miles later on the side of the road with contractor truck he pulled over.

I'd like to thank that officer and many others for understanding the risk us riders face every time we get into the saddle, he's out there with us all doing the same thing. The only difference is that he faces dangers that the average rider doesn't face or maybe involved in a situation that none of us would want to be in. A great big "THANK YOU" to all Motor-Patrolmen out there showing concern for fellow riders. We all out there together.

2. I have been riding NaNCy into to work for the last 2 days, since "Sparky" got a flat on this past Wednesday on the way home. That was quite an adventure to say the least. The good news is that neither "Sparky" or I were hurt in anyway. Thank "Goodness" it was the Rear Tire... :eek:

IMG_4900.jpg

I'll be getting "Sparky" a new tire tomorrow. I will have to load her up into my truck to get her to the dealer though.

I will be putting a Bridgestone BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S20 to replace the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II that had a little more than 1,040 miles on it... :(

img_battlax_s20.jpg

Last edited:
I've had my NCX less than a week but already got in a nice overnighter along some of Michigans lakeshore roads including the fabled M-22. I was having second thoughts as soon as I left home in cool temps. I almost went back for my Pacific Coast and its superior wind protection but as the day warmed up I knew I made a good choice. The NCX was perfect for the trip. It was a mix of interstate, curvy backroads and even some gravel roads when the blacktop ended. I had no problems getting comfortable with the stock seat and higher foot pegs. The powerband and gearbox are perfect for the kind of riding I do. It's faster and even smoother than my Pacific Coast. I have a rear rack and small trunk. Between that and the frunk there was plenty of room for all my stuff. The excellent gas mileage was just a bonus. I didn't check it close but know it was over 70mpg and I rode it pretty hard the whole trip. Why anyone would need to carry more gas is beyond me? I can't think of anywhere where I'm over 200miles from a gas station unless I was on a Alaska trip.

Why anyone would need to carry more gas is beyond me? I can't think of anywhere where I'm over 200miles from a gas station unless I was on a Alaska trip.

Welcome to the gang, Adlibgib! :D

You may discover after a while that the NCX mpg's can vary quite a bit, due to speed/other factors, sometimes to a rather eye opening amount. :eek:

Why anyone would need to carry more gas is beyond me?
I've heard the same from a guy at work. I told him that all my 4 wheeled vehicle's would go at least 400 miles before refueling and I would like the same for my bike. Its not that I am that far from a gas station. I just prefer not to have to fill up multiple times a week. (Especially when its in the single digits)

I've heard the same from a guy at work. I told him that all my 4 wheeled vehicle's would go at least 400 miles before refueling and I would like the same for my bike. Its not that I am that far from a gas station. I just prefer not to have to fill up multiple times a week. (Especially when its in the single digits)

Sounds like you need to "Go Electric" and charge it at work while you are working. I did, it's like having a "Full Tank" every time you use it

Just a suggestion... :eek:

No receptacles in the parking area where I work. Until the electric bikes cost drops substantially, it wouldn't be cost effective for me.
Not counting the cost of electric here. I pay about 10 cents a KW. I could buy enough gas to ride my NCX almost 300,000 miles for what it would cost to buy a zero.
That's including the tax incentive. Then I would still be limited to less than 200 miles with around a 6 hour recharge time.
For the times that I think I need more fuel, I can take my fuel containers with me that will get me over 450 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back