• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a little 70 mile ride up into Huntsville and over to Mountain Green and home again this morning. Great loop with nice twists and turns with elevation drops. Owned for less than 24 hours and already have 300 miles on her.11701141_10206006279409973_4907772174058419104_n.jpg

Changed the oil and air filter today, went with K&N filters.

Getting to the air filter was easy enough but putting everything back took some head scratching. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440965036.521271.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getting to the air filter was easy enough but putting everything back took some head scratching. :)

I helped a friend change the air filter on an NC-S a week ago. You need to pretty much disassemble the whole front part of the bike to properly get to it. At least you can't really reassemble the NC wrong. :)

Yesterday I went with some fellow riders from work to a restaurant called Billy Blanco's outside of Park City. The ride was nothing special, but it was great to have some time talking bikes with the guys.
I did have the chance to ride an FZ1 that one of the guys had. It was weird to be back on an inline 4. I didn't like it as much. I have really come to love the low-end torque you get from the NC. I did like how much top-end the FZ has.

Saturday - Took her in for the 8000 mile service. Miles added, 210+ round trip.
Sunday - Gave her a good scrubbing down for all the insects. Was nearly green with guts after Saturday's ride. Added a tank protector.

While I do like the "just got done riding" look, man these bikes look good clean, too. Wont be riding this week, at least until Friday. Then heading down to Land Between The Lakes for a long weekend of riding.

we did a run out yesterday cloudy with a little sunshine here and there.
by the time we heard back for home it was getting a little bit chilly.
anyway we enjoyed the run.
we didn't take any photo's but this one was taken last year so may have posted it before.
its a popular place for bikers, Hawes is another to.
idiot bikers riding to fast,it seems their on a death wish.
29 casualty in the last 12 months on that road between Hawes and Kirby lonsdale.
I was overtaking 3 cars and this idiot decided to overtake me at the same time.
I felt him going past. makes my blood boil it does.
DSC02820.jpg

Hawes....
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=H...jbCh0UzgBM#tbm=isch&q=bikers+at+Hawes&imgrc=_

I was overtaking 3 cars and this idiot decided to overtake me at the same time.
I felt him going past. makes my blood boil it does.

We have a Sunday biking road here in Wicklow. It is the Wicklow Gap road. We have the same lunatics there every Sunday. There are four memorials on it to Bikers who died there. I no longer use this road on a Sunday morning. One of my more elderly friends (70+) on an NC750X had his elbow clipped by an idiot on a KTM going around the outside of him on a bend on this road recently. On another Sunday before I stopped using it, I came around a bend to find another idiot on a BMW GS going too fast for his own skill level. He was coming against me on my side of the road because he couldn't take the bend. Just letting you know this can happen anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got confirmation that my 2012 NC700X has a One Day Ride-In reservation at 8am 3 Nov 2015 for making and installing my new Russell Day-Long Touring Saddle. Xmas comes early this year for me, yippie!

can you make it a bit bigger sorry I can't read it!:D

Personally, I like how it fits the red-black bike's theme. And for its price (and ability to reverse it) - seems like a helluva bang for the buck :)

My wife and I rode 2 up to the top of Francis Peak about 9500 feet above sea level. The road is gravel, dirt, rutted and extremely narrow in many places with no guard rails. This is looking east toward the Wasatch Back. 45591813-9DCC-465F-8E4B-F166EBC55DAC753B4A2B-E927-4C16-9907-D287E5219F42.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back