• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What mtorcycle did you use for your driving test?

Thank you ALL for the encouragement an Advice.

I Passed the test this morning!

Now ... it's on to the CCNA certification!!! (Cisco Certified Network Associate). Hey, a guy can dream can't he!

I hope to take Mrs. StratTuner out on the back for a short ride now that it's legal for us to do so!

Now ... it's on to the CCNA certification!!! (Cisco Certified Network Associate). Hey, a guy can dream can't he!

I hope to take Mrs. StratTuner out on the back for a short ride now that it's legal for us to do so!

Whoohoo! :D

Way to go, I wish you many years of happy and safe enjoyment on two wheels! :)

Cool! Way to go! I personally took the MSF course so all I had to do was take the written test to get my license.

Mrs. StratTuner and I are just back from a short tour of wine country (Temecula). Blue skies, grapevines to the horizon... and that was her first ride in 27 years!
LIfe is good!

Congratulations. Glad you persevered and passed the test. I was nervous when I took mine and relieved and happy when I passed. Now you have miles and miles of pleasurable riding ahead. Enjoy it to the fullest.

congratulation.
take it easy and get to know your bike and yourself on it!
and treat all other road users as idiots.
that car coming out of the side road!! don't assumed that the driver has seen you even though they are looking at you,
you can bet your bottom dollar they haven't..look at the wheels and see where they are going!
just be prepared at all times for the unlikely to happen and it will.
ride at speeds that your comfortable with if others want to go faster let them.
better to arrive in one piece than in bits!!keep safe and ride steady.

Yamaha Vino 125 state of Georgia (US). Was too light or something to set off the lights for the turn left, turn right, go straight test so the guy said 'screw it, here ya go'

Indiana started required a motorcycle license in 1980. When they announce the requirement, they gave a 6 month period of whoever passed the written test in the 6 month period, the road test (parking lot) would be waived. I immediately went and got the license. Even though I didn't own a motorcycle from 1981 to 2007, I kept my mc endorsement on my license. I have taken the Basic course and the advanced course in the last 4 years or so. When I took the basic course, I blew the box, still passed the course though-they provided a gz250 which really wasn't adjusted for my inseam and I kept missing shifts, didn't feel comfortable on the bike. However, when I took the advanced course, I was on my Nc700x. I worried about the box, but when I took the riding test during the course, I used barely half of the box, it was a breeze, and the bike was great on rest of the course, easy peasy, the nc700x can even do the box standing on the pegs :) (actually easier).

I had to re-take the test when I moved to PA even after riding for years at the time. I took it on a Yamaha V-Star 1100. Didn't know about the MSF course at the time. Took the Basic course years later on a Suzuki 125 endoro type (I think that's what it was, bike was provided by the course) and the Advanced course on my FJR.

Side note, technically speaking if you take the test on a scooter you get a scooter license, not a motorcycle license (or M2 instead of M1 endorsement). It may depend on the person giving the test, but I have heard people say they were turned away because they came on a vespa for their M1 test.
Aside from that, if you're just one of those people who sucks at tests, the one at the end of the MSF course may feel less like a test. And that figure-8 in the box thing? As long as you don't put your foot down you're good. I was out of the lines on that whole maneuver and still passed overall.

Different states have different rules. Illinois doesn't have M1 and M2, just M. My wife took her Illinois over 150cc test on her own 250cc scooter. She received a class M license that allows her to legally ride ANY size motorcycle.

There's a person that advertises locally on Craigslist where you can rent a 200cc scooter for your test, in case you aren't good enough to pass it on your own bike. That makes my blood boil.

Last edited:
I took the Motorcycle Safety Riding Course back in 1992, mandated by the state of California for any riders 21 and under at the time. During the course, I rode a Yamaha TW200 per the advice of my best friend that took the course weeks before. Those wide tires certainly helped with some of those maneuvers that we went through during the course.

I took my DMV Driving Test on my 1982 Kawi GPZ550 in Palmdale, CA. Back then, you were required to take both the safety course and the DMV driving test. I've had my "M1" endorsement since.

Back