• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aux Lights

Art

Reaction score
Visit site
Put the manstadt on today and have the seat coming--this will make her good.
One question please, what driving/spot lights would you recommend? I'm assuming (uh oh) the type that attach to the frame up front.
What type switch do you use.
Thanks again.

What are you trying to do with the aux lights? Are they for conspicuity? Lighting up the road far ahead of you? Lighting up the sides of the road?

For the first, I'd suggest 2" lights mounted on the forks, pencil beam, aimed straight ahead, maybe with yellow lenses. For the second, a higher power pencil beam (i.e. more lumens and probably in the 3 to 4" diameter range or larger). The last would be a fog style beam.

Read this thread:

You can also do a search (magnifying glass right end in blue band atop this page) for 'lighting', or 'auxiliary lights', or 'led lights', etc.

What are you trying to do with the aux lights? Are they for conspicuity? Lighting up the road far ahead of you? Lighting up the sides of the road?

For the first, I'd suggest 2" lights mounted on the forks, pencil beam, aimed straight ahead, maybe with yellow lenses. For the second, a higher power pencil beam (i.e. more lumens and probably in the 3 to 4" diameter range or larger). The last would be a fog style beam.

Read this thread:

You can also do a search (magnifying glass right end in blue band atop this page) for 'lighting', or 'auxiliary lights', or 'led lights', etc.
Well I hope to get some distance with the lighting. Some side to side expansion would be nice too. I wanted to try and just mount to the frame vs a bracket and ordered a set of lights and wire bundle/switch off amazon. I hope they work satisfactory and the clamp says up to 1" and I'm thinking that's going to be close. Anything will be an improvement -- these seem to have a good rating. Thanks!

Motorcycle Spotlight with 1inch Tube Bar Brackets, Running Driving Lamp 12-60V Fog Light for Motorbike Truck ATV Auxiliary Lights 60W 12V 24V 36V 2.5Inch​

I believe the actual exposed frame on the lower front of the 2018-20 NC750X measures about 1 3/ 8“. If you are meaning to mount to some accessory tubing, like a crash bar or the Honda accessory light bar, in your question you may want to be more specific about “the frame up front”, and what model/year you have.

I believe the actual exposed frame on the lower front of the 2018-20 NC750X measures about 1 3/ 8“. If you are meaning to mount to some accessory tubing, like a crash bar or the Honda accessory light bar, in your question you may want to be more specific about “the frame up front”, and what model/year you have.
I took a gamble on a "1' clamp/light assy. I can send it back if a different bolt won't allow expansion. I have a 2020. Thx

Well I hope to get some distance with the lighting. Some side to side expansion would be nice too.

You describe what is called a "driving" pattern. I see you already bought lights, so I wish you well with them.

I bought and love PIAA LP530 lights for mine. Still work great after a dozen years.

You describe what is called a "driving" pattern. I see you already bought lights, so I wish you well with them.

I bought and love PIAA LP530 lights for mine. Still work great after a dozen years.
If there's issue with them I can return via amazon. The ones your suggesting is mounting hardware included or how do they mount? Thanks.

The PIAAs have a bracket to let you quickly bolt them to whatever mount point you have (or make). That also lets you quickly aim the lights on vertical and horizontal axes. They have wiring and a switch in the kit, too. I have a 2012, and I mounted them on the factory light bar with a couple "L"-shaped pieces of metal to facilitate.

Reactions: Art
Back