• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Aux lights mounted

salishmoto

Reaction score
Visit site
On this yet another grey cold rainy day here in the great PNW, I tackled the job I've been equipped for and haven't done in quite some time. The aux lights went on. I've done this on other bikes, and have to say that doing this sort of thing on NC is just so much easier when it comes to removing plastic and having access. I wired the lights directly to the battery, having cut a little hole at the bottom of that panel for the cables to my USB charger that lives in the frunk and now my cabling for the aux lights. On the other side of the frunk toward the bow of the bike, I enlarged the hole that the retaining bungie runs through right there to handle the cables for the on/off switch and the lights to go through it.

I got all the supplies on the rainforest site. Message me if you are curious what I used. It all worked great.

I already had the crash bars and so mounting was simple in that regard. I really like the on/off switch too as it lights up so I don't forget to turn the lights off. I do this on all my bikes if they don't already have them because here at 48 degrees north we spend a lot of time riding in the dark in the 6 months of winter. Less for me to see than be seen. Whole job start to finish was a couple hours. Yippee!

IMG_6174 (1).jpeg
IMG_6175.jpeg
IMG_6176.jpeg

Looks good. Plan to do the same other than I want to use a Thunderbox instead of direct to the battery so I don't have to remember to turn the lights off. Will use the ThunderBox USB socket as well. I do like where you have the switch located. Clean look and not on the handlebars.

Another idea for auxiliary light control is a Skene Design controller. It features programmable light intensity (three levels, I believe). So, my aux lights run at a lower output level while on headlight low beam, then they go to full brigtness on high beam. The latest model also apparently has a flash warning sequence option. The high/low beam trigger works fine on older NCs, but I haven’t checked how it would work using the OEM LED headlight switching signal.

On this yet another grey cold rainy day here in the great PNW, I tackled the job I've been equipped for and haven't done in quite some time. The aux lights went on. I've done this on other bikes, and have to say that doing this sort of thing on NC is just so much easier when it comes to removing plastic and having access. I wired the lights directly to the battery, having cut a little hole at the bottom of that panel for the cables to my USB charger that lives in the frunk and now my cabling for the aux lights. On the other side of the frunk toward the bow of the bike, I enlarged the hole that the retaining bungie runs through right there to handle the cables for the on/off switch and the lights to go through it.

I got all the supplies on the rainforest site. Message me if you are curious what I used. It all worked great.

I already had the crash bars and so mounting was simple in that regard. I really like the on/off switch too as it lights up so I don't forget to turn the lights off. I do this on all my bikes if they don't already have them because here at 48 degrees north we spend a lot of time riding in the dark in the 6 months of winter. Less for me to see than be seen. Whole job start to finish was a couple hours. Yippee!

View attachment 51507
View attachment 51508
View attachment 51509
How did you mount the on/off switch?

How did you mount the on/off switch?
The parts I used are the Nilights 90027B clamps, the Nilights NI-WA-06 Light Bar Harness kit and Chelhead 25W Cree LED's. You can see the on/off is mounted on the side panel and I found this spot after removing that panel and seeing there was a cavernous amount of space under it. So I ran the cables for the on/off switch through the frunk and out the enlarged hole for the bungie strap, and into that space. I found through some trial on cardboard that that particular on/off switch needs a 3/4 inch hole cut, and then with a circular file I very slightly expanded the opening to accommodate the protrusions on the switch that hold it into place. It's a nice snug fit.

Hope that helps.

Back