• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did 217 miles of mountain back roads to include about 25 miles of gravel through the mountains. 40s F. to start with 71 F. at end. Lots of blue sky to ride under. Crazy weather, expecting snow Sunday. East TN, forever changing.
Not changing as much as in Louisville, 80'F yesterday and mid 40s for highs today and snow predicted for tomorrow. Couple of weeks ago, it was 82'f on Friday evening and 1" of snow on the ground Saturday morning. Geez, climate change is a happening....next week, normal March winter weather for Louisville area; nc700 will be hibernating next week.

Finally got out after almost 2 weeks of looking at the bike sitting in the garage while it was raining. No rain today, so after work wrapped up for the day I logged 1.5 hours out on the road concentrating on slow speed turning, starting on hills, etc. Some night driving, too, since I just didn't want to come in.

Changed my oil, lubed my cables, cleaned my air filter, new spark plugs and adjusted my chain even though I'm changing my tires in less then a week

Finally got out after almost 2 weeks of looking at the bike sitting in the garage while it was raining. No rain today, so after work wrapped up for the day I logged 1.5 hours out on the road concentrating on slow speed turning, starting on hills, etc. Some night driving, too, since I just didn't want to come in.

Nice!!!! Well done! Golf on Sunday morning, but if the weather is still holding Sunday afternoon, I'll ride....

About two weeks ago I've ordered Givi side racks PL111, and Kappa panniers K22N. They should arrive sometimes next week.
I started preparing bike for installation. I removed saddlebags and top box. Weather is nice, but cold with up to 9 inches of snow in the forecast.
I took the bike for a spin. Love the stripped down look.
No Luggagge1.jpgNo Luggagge2.jpg

Nice!!!! Well done! Golf on Sunday morning, but if the weather is still holding Sunday afternoon, I'll ride....

Went for a nice ride with Don this afternoon. Didn't think to record the trip on my phone's GPS though. Kept riding after he peeled away to head home. Ended up logging 73 miles, after our fuel stop.
After a run up to Helvetia Tavern for a burger (no beer for me, though), came back and hit the freeway for the first time. No issues encountered and no white knuckles during that leg (yay!).

Here's hoping for more good weather soon.

Went for a nice ride with Don this afternoon. Didn't think to record the trip on my phone's GPS though. Kept riding after he peeled away to head home. Ended up logging 73 miles, after our fuel stop.
After a run up to Helvetia Tavern for a burger (no beer for me, though), came back and hit the freeway for the first time. No issues encountered and no white knuckles during that leg (yay!).

Here's hoping for more good weather soon.

Fun day - thanks for hooking up.

Don

The one time I took my NC out a few weeks back I thought was going to be the death of me - just that 50 feet or so of non-level ice and snow between the motorcycle shed and the road was a real trial going out, and worse coming back in. Then we got righteously snow-dumped a couple more times and had some rain days and some other days where only a couple inches or less of snow fell. But I did get the WR250R out a couple of times since then. That too was kind of hard to get to the road or back into the shed, but with less weight, not such a risk.

But we're having enough rain and melt now, that I've cleared surface snow enitely away, and have spent a couple hours chipping the ice layer away and shoveling it up. In areas now I'm down to grass and ground. I'll have a route to pavement in the next day or so that will only be muddy rather than icy/slushy as soon as each morning temperature spends a bit of time above freezing.

I'll be on Red Rider again soon!

The one time I took my NC out a few weeks back I thought was going to be the death of me - just that 50 feet or so of non-level ice and snow between the motorcycle shed and the road was a real trial going out, and worse coming back in. Then we got righteously snow-dumped a couple more times and had some rain days and some other days where only a couple inches or less of snow fell. But I did get the WR250R out a couple of times since then. That too was kind of hard to get to the road or back into the shed, but with less weight, not such a risk.

But we're having enough rain and melt now, that I've cleared surface snow enitely away, and have spent a couple hours chipping the ice layer away and shoveling it up. In areas now I'm down to grass and ground. I'll have a route to pavement in the next day or so that will only be muddy rather than icy/slushy as soon as each morning temperature spends a bit of time above freezing.

I'll be on Red Rider again soon!

Looking forward to 2017 pictures from Montana.

Installed Givi side racks. They are compatible with existing Givi top rack.
I'm still waiting on Kappa K22N panniers from Italy. They should be plug-and-play with this setup.
Rack.jpg

Rode about ~180 miles breaking in my new chain & PR4s, next time out I'll check how they handle the curves a bit harder. :cool:

Drove the cage home in the pouring rain and then went to the garage to tell her the good news. After the stock, shad, and others, I finally pulled the trigger on old faithful - a Corbin. Ordered it last week and just got shipping notification (wow - that was fast!). Now I have about 1000-2000 of pain and agony to look forward to before the seat (like the 4 others I have owned) becomes our best friend.

History - when I was young, I was riding member of the Iron Butt Association. Me and my ST1100's had a lot of ultra-long-distance miles on the Corbin platform. On the NC700, I had to waste 100's of dollars on other options before finally getting what I really needed. I love reading reviews of new Corbin owners complaining that these were the hardest seats they have ever ridden on. I waited hoping one of them would actually sell it here, but no luck. My new seats, complete with red piping and black logo will arrive Thursday - I'll post a photo later and review at the end of the summer when I have them broken in!

...I finally pulled the trigger on old faithful - a Corbin. Ordered it last week ... when I was young, I was riding member of the Iron Butt Association. Me and my ST1100's had a lot of ultra-long-distance miles on the Corbin platform. ... I love reading reviews of new Corbin owners complaining that these were the hardest seats they have ever ridden on. I waited hoping one of them would actually sell it here, but no luck. My new seats, complete with red piping and black logo will arrive Thursday - I'll post a photo later and review at the end of the summer when I have them broken in!

Portland, I'm with ya! I've owned two ST1100s; the first one had a Corbin (see photo below) and the most recent had a BMS. The "hard" Corbins are great for riders (like me) who want to quickly move in the saddle (ex: when leaning into a turn).

Now with my new NC700X I just ordered a Sargent World Sport Performance Seat (Carbon), so we'll see how my butt feels about that decision when it arrives in a few weeks.

ST1100-070806-with-bags-2-web600.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back