• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing. After looking forward to Spring the past few weeks with the snow and ice almost completely gone I'm now looking at 14 inches of snow outside my window with more on the way.

Parked for now, despite the good weather, until I finish this accessory wiring and heated grip install. Might just strap everything down and ride a bit to see of anything shakes loose, and put off the grip install until Fall.
DSC_0059.jpg

Portland, I'm with ya! I've owned two ST110s; the first one had a Corbin (see photo below)

I still feel that this was the finest all-around motorcycle made. It did everything well - including 2-up. I NEVER had one in the shop and I rode them for over 250,000 miles. I made a huge mistake and bought a ST1300 - nope - they ruined it. Then I tried a BMW R1100RT - not bad, but not an ST. I retried for awhile do to a non-motorcycle injury and when I got back, the ST was just to much bike for this old guy. So... I turned a fine NC700 into a ST1100 "mini me" and all is well with the world (but no more 2 up for her - she's done).

twins.jpg

Portland: Yup red is the fastest ST1100 color. Here I am just a few months ago. Sadly chronic left thumb pain from an injury made any type of clutch pulling something to be avoided. So I sold the ST and got a DCT. Couldn't be happier! (Okay, a bigger engine would make me happier...)

Lee-inset-ST1100-Silverado-Canyon-w700.jpg

Installed cheap Chinese footpegs. I like the fact that they are adjustable.... and cheap. Time will tell if they are any good.

Footpeg.jpg

At this point only knobbies are missing for bike to be trail ready.

As far as testing of footpegs goes, well ....

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Installed cheap Chinese footpegs. I like the fact that they are adjustable.... and cheap. Time will tell if they are any good.

View attachment 32753

At this point only knobbies are missing for bike to be trail ready.

As far as testing of footpegs goes, well ....

Do you have links for the foot pegs? Also did you have to grind anything to make them fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fde981334e035ab4da23eb5b12af79ff.jpg
73ad11cb58db0bd6f1b7af7a12abf7aa.jpg
I put a new set of PR4's on and noticed I passed 50k without noticing (I changed the time and went from miles to kilometers without noticing)
faaa66714e4051b27f555ec618c83fc5.jpg
I would say I got my money's worth out of them especially the rear, almost 20,000 miles on the set

Do you have links for the foot pegs? Also did you have to grind anything to make them fit?

I'm guessing they're the same pegs I saw in multiple eBay searches. Almost bought some myself. It's pretty easy to narrow the search down to footpegs for the NC and find lots of choices in several styles/types.

I'm guessing they're the same pegs I saw in multiple eBay searches. Almost bought some myself. It's pretty easy to narrow the search down to footpegs for the NC and find lots of choices in several styles/types.

I saw on a post, can't find it right now but I'll link it later, where the guy had to do some grinding to make it fit. I want to avoid any additional work and want to give it a try if it's plug and play.

Portland: Yup red is the fastest ST1100 color. Here I am just a few months ago. Sadly chronic left thumb pain from an injury made any type of clutch pulling something to be avoided. So I sold the ST and got a DCT. Couldn't be happier! (Okay, a bigger engine would make me happier...)

We can both remember the "good old days!"

I saw on a post, can't find it right now but I'll link it later, where the guy had to do some grinding to make it fit. I want to avoid any additional work and want to give it a try if it's plug and play.

I bought them on Ebay. They are the ones that Greenboy is referring to (M-Factory Touring Footpegs). The shipment came from Hong Kong in less than 7 days.
No grinding is necessary. Fit and finish appears to be first class. During the installation it took me 10 minutes per footpeg. I spend most of the time going back and forth aligning the angle of each footpeg. The only thing that I'll have to do is to use some threadlock on the footpeg screws.

I wasn't going to ride, as I was tired after a cowboy action shooting match. I shot with black powder for the first time, and it was loud and dirty. Cleanup took forever.

I was about to drink a beer and crash, and then I said, "it is too nice to be sacked out on the couch."

So I found a statue for the current tag game.

There were lots of motorcycles out.

It is funny, but every sport bike rider had a helmet on, and not a single cruiser rider did.

It's been a cold (freezing), wet winter in the northwest. I finally got Skookum out of the garage today to go for what was planned as a 25 minute ride. It was so GOOD to be on the bike again that it turned into a 2-1/2 hour ride through backcountry (farmland and woods). What a terrifc bike!

Man, I hope spring gets here soon.......
>Thom

Installed Rox riseres from jumpjet. Made a nice difference in the feel of the bike and my bars now clear my madstad. Anyone used a ixil dual exhaust on the bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back