• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried out a rear paddock stand. Seems to work just fine.
Maybe I will be more diligent about lubing the chain now.

Yesterday was a day of ups and downs:

Up: Weather finally safe enough to take the train to the dealership and pick up my bike after recall and warrantee service.
Down: Almost slipped and fell over due to gravel in the center of the lane (laid down during last weeks snow). I have that 22" dark gray Madstad screen on the bike as a trial - It is going up for sale - too dark and I can't see the road up close. I'll order a clear 22".
Up: Used Waze GPS on my iPhone and my new Sena headset and actually got great "avoid freeway" routing all the way home! Very cool.
Down: Got home and went to install the Vololights (google it if you don't know what these are) and proceeded to strip a hex head screw in a very tough spot to get to. Will have to remove the rear wheel to get a drill up there to get it out (ugh!)
Up: Getting back on the golf course after not being able to play for 3 months.
Down: Bike is not rideable this afternoon do to my snafu yesterday - going to be sunny and 55 degrees!!

Fore....!

Last edited:
Took Queenie on my rehab. weekly rides.

Currently up to about 200 miles per day. To much pain from the left knee after that distance. I am only at 105 degrees on the left knee. Lot slower healing than my right knee, that is now at 120 degress. To ride in comfort, put my left foot on the higway peg not the bike peg, that will take about 120 degrees of bend in the left knee. So, still need some more rehab. Good thing my AT is a DCT, as I can not ride my standard shift NC700X at this time.

[video=youtube;EgFf0q3On6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgFf0q3On6I[/video]

Last edited:
Saturday, took the Nc700x for a 2.5 hour ride on mostly country roads. Rode over to Hanover College (outside of Madison Indiana) and rode thru the property. Beautiful little private college, and it overlooks the Ohio River. I proceeded to the banks of the Ohio River in downtown Madison. I sat on the bike and people watched for a few minutes. College girls with short shorts on and I wanted to tell them it was warm but not that warm (65'F) but decided to keep mouth shut. I rode back home and buttoned her up. Yesterday, took the old C50 out for about 1.5, riding different country roads and thru southern Indiana Amish country. Great to be out on the bikes again.

Almost another deer tragedy. Yesterday, doing 65mph on Ind Hwy 56, just east of Scottsburg (the road is elevated about 15-20 ft higher than the cornfields), at 1:45pm, a dang deer bolts up over the berm and almost T-boned me. This time I was able to swerve just enough to miss it by a few inches-I could have held my hand out and slapped it in the face. Don't think the C50 would have survived that deer encounter (got T-boned by one last September, putting me and the bike on the ground). Got into town (2 miles) and stopped at the light and allowed the adrenaline to calm down. I hate those 4 legged forest rats other than hunting season....

Went to the store for beer and cigarettes. As I pulled away, I was reminded about how quiet and neighbor friendly this machine remains!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Brakes started feeling soft on my ride home, a post ride inspection reveled
b1cb3f6db6a1ac32d65443821c54122e.jpg
a leaking fork, putting oil into my front brake. Looking into ordering the parts now. I was going to change the fork oil in a week (along with a lot of other maintenance work) anyway so at least there's that. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated

Brakes started feeling soft on my ride home, a post ride inspection reveled a leaking fork, putting oil into my front brake. Looking into ordering the parts now. I was going to change the fork oil in a week (along with a lot of other maintenance work) anyway so at least there's that. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated

When you do get a new seal on the fork, I'd suggest the Triumph fork protector shields http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5977-fork-seal-protectors.html, or better yet, some gaiters. I think many fork seal failures result from grit, nicks, or dried bugs on the fork sliders.

When you do get a new seal on the fork, I'd suggest the Triumph fork protector shields http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5977-fork-seal-protectors.html, or better yet, some gaiters. I think many fork seal failures result from grit, nicks, or dried bugs on the fork sliders.

The dust seal is supposed to protect the fork seal from grit, though I could see how it'd be no match against bug gunk and a damaged tube.

That said, my dust seals are splitting like bananas, so I'll be replacing them and the fork seals with a set of all-balls brand seals. I've heard mixed things (hard to tell whether it was user error or not for the bad reviews), so I'll let you know at 8000mi (only 260 to go).

Today I ordered the proper '1146' GIVI kit items from motorstorm.it to bolt the trekker outback side cases to the NC750X. (same plastics NC700X)

This will replace my home-made bent steel mounts. I also ordered the Trekker top case in black to go with the silver side cases.
It should look pretty sweet on the 2016.

The 1146 brackets worked out, but you need six hands to install them.

Here's a badly lighted garage pic:

ad06547baf6d2f95bc065eb5c176b664.jpg

I will have to figure out a different way to mount the tool tubes, but the proper brackets are more secure and clear the new 2016 back plastics...

The 1146 brackets worked out, but you need six hands to install them.

Here's a badly lighted garage pic:

ad06547baf6d2f95bc065eb5c176b664.jpg

I will have to figure out a different way to mount the tool tubes, but the proper brackets are more secure and clear the new 2016 back plastics...
Someone was playing around with mounting them up front, on the frame by the radiator. I can't mount them anywhere else with my OEM luggage

Thanks for informing me about the Forma boots. The boots are a quality Italy brand. I would think that their Terra Adventure boot will give the Gaerne Adventure boots some real adventure competition. Well made boots across their entire lineup.

Took Queenie on my rehab. weekly rides.

Currently up to about 200 miles per day. To much pain from the left knee after that distance. I am only at 105 degrees on the left knee. Lot slower healing than my right knee, that is now at 120 degress. To ride in comfort, put my left foot on the higway peg not the bike peg, that will take about 120 degrees of bend in the left knee. So, still need some more rehab. Good thing my AT is a DCT, as I can not ride my standard shift NC700X at this time.

[video=youtube;EgFf0q3On6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgFf0q3On6I[/video]

Glad you're coming along, OCR.
But next time there is a free gas day in your neighborhood let us know!
That's the most bikes I've seen at a gas station!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back