• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I patted it gently and checked the charger, then maneuvered the drz 400 around it for a short ride.

Rode on 11 Wisconsin Rustic Roads to earn RR Motorcycle Tour patch (here is more info on WRR: Wisconsin Department of Transportation Rustic Roads Motorcycle Tour). Weather around here is still surreal - 60F, calm and sunny.
DSC00686.jpg

I passed by State Recreation Area.
DSC00712.jpg

I also brought my minimalistic camping gear and some food with me and had lunch by Paddock Lake.
W13.jpg

Overall, I've covered 198 miles. It was an awesome, awesome day :).

I rode to the Indiana State Fairgrounds on Saturday for the Indiana Boat and RV show (on the first weekend, also has a motorcycle show in the west wing). 98.4 miles on the superslab. Cool but nice ride. Spent 3.5 hours walking around the motorcycle show and the RVs (not interested in buying a RV but like looking at all the different designs and setups). I had to walk thru the boat show to get to the RV show; thousands of people there. Water sports don't interest me (except for fishing, which I do in my 2 acre pond) so I skipped right thru the boat show area. I superslabbed back down to Edinburg and got tired of the wind on I-65, got off on US31 and took it south to Scottsburg, then country roads home. Ran into mist and rain a few miles from home but didn't get wet enough to worry about it and everything air dried in about 30 minutes at home. Yesterday, took the ole cruiser (C50) out for a couple of hours, no deer encounters this time but dogs everywhere-luckily, none chased the bike or ran into the road. It didn't get as warm as forecasted but it was a great day/weekend to be riding. Tons of bikes out yesterday, saw a lot of women riding their own bikes :).

Rode on 11 Wisconsin Rustic Roads to earn RR Motorcycle Tour patch (here is more info on WRR: Wisconsin Department of Transportation Rustic Roads Motorcycle Tour). Weather around here is still surreal - 60F, calm and sunny.

I passed by State Recreation Area.

I also brought my minimalistic camping gear and some food with me and had lunch by Paddock Lake.

Overall, I've covered 198 miles. It was an awesome, awesome day :).

Look like fun! I've ridden over 30 of those roads and got the Certificate & Patch. :)

Got out Sunday for a couple hundred mile loop around central Kentucky. It was supposed to be Sunny and near 70. It was cloudy, foggy (in places) and never broke 60. That's OK, still over 200 miles down, and a new rear tire to order before my trip in May.

Got out Sunday for a couple hundred mile loop around central Kentucky. It was supposed to be Sunny and near 70. It was cloudy, foggy (in places) and never broke 60. That's OK, still over 200 miles down, and a new rear tire to order before my trip in May.
where you going in May?

I pulled the windshield off and treated it with some turtlewax headlight restorer to get rid of all the scratches and fogginess. (9000 miles of bugs.)
I didn't use any of the abrasive pads, those looked scary. Just the buffing stuff and the sealant. It turned out pretty good.

Edit Here's a pic w luggage:

f448dd887070f36c94d039fa06e0110f.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, KD rob.
Let's see a picture or two.

I hope you saved some money for farkles, because it is a great bike stock, but we seem to all get the disease bad.

I took a short ride when it reached 40 just to shake off some cobwebs.

Here you go, Hank...
16976300_10208420541771008_438911113_n.jpg17006340_10208420541410999_762070762_n.jpg

I won't be uploading the pictures showing the scratches in close detail where I low-sided the thing pulling out of the dealer's lot (right-side handle end and muffler, no plastic damage, thankfully). Yeah, that was a little embarrassing, but I got it out of my system early and enjoyed the ride home after that. So yeah, I got that for something I did today, too. In the words of Homer Simpson... D'Oh!

Kyle

Had new F&R Bridgestone T30 EVO tires mounted. I will report back later as I have only been on a 5-min ride.

Rode my new 2016 NC700X DCT for 50 miles, through Santiago Canyon here in Orange County, CA. [voice of Kramer] "Lovin' every minute of it!"

Only frown/question: It seems I can't shuffle between the three "S" modes when underway. Choice of "S" must be made when stopped. If that's my only complaint, then this bike rocks!

First farkle purchase will be larger windscreen.

2016-Honda-NC700X-DCT-ABS-w1200.jpg

Some people used to deliberately scratch their new cars once to get it over with.

My ex managed to run my (then brand new) '99 SuperDuty along about a 50' stretch of chain link fencing when the odometer had less than 100 miles on it. There was a narrow gap between the building we worked at and the fence, but I hadn't had any problems with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back