• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the windshield off after work. Two quarter sized fender washers have kept the lower bolts from pulling thru the grommets...however it does nothing to keep the other end of the bolts from pulling out of the mount. There's just too much Cal-Sci surface area above the bolts to trust.

My advise is to get a set of Dale's plates for the Cal-Sci shield .I have been running them on my large Cal-Sci since he first starting making them 3-4 yrs. ago. and they work. Tried the washer trick until Dale designed and starting making the plates. Get the plates. Ride safe.

On my Cee Bailey windshield, I got some longer bolts which would fit thru the grommet holes, acorn nuts and reversed them. Ran the bolts from inside out (with some washers) and installed the acorn nuts on the outside of the windshield. Looks good and rock steady (just had to do the 2 lower bolts).

Been busy past several days.

1. Installed cheap eBay acerbis x-factor lookalike hand guards. I had barkbuster storm that were non-NC700X version and install wasn't clean and Twisted Throttle won't just sell the angled brackets. I plan to paint them black. Perfect to deflect wind.

dc8e88b7d85251a8e56aebd3a189f5d8.jpg

2. Madstad windshield. I don't think I need to say much further.

3. Cheap eBay rox wanna be handlebar risers. I had my doubts that they were going to work but after tightening them, they're pretty sturdy. Yes I know, I need to adjust them a bit.

cc39b27aa5d857219d545252f387324d.jpg

d77bffefc40056d59455ce397a91ed3e.jpg

4. Not proud of this one but installed bikemaster heated grips. Yeah I'm from so cal but there are some mornings where I feel my fingers cold even in my winter gloves. I haven't wired them yet. Also, I made an executive decision to remove internal bar weights and bar end weights with the install.

Plan to install my subharness this weekend and will wire my LED lights, heated grips, and 12v power adapter. The 12v power adapter I'm going to install straight to the battery and not to the subharness. Hopefully, my subharness will have a wire for the high beams. More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kumatae,
Unfortunately, the 2014 US model does not bring the high beam signal out to the accessory harness. It's not the harness that's different, it's the motorcycle's 6P option plug. You could possible tie this signal to the harness yourself, but by default it won't be there.

See this thread where we discovered the differences: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/10442-headlight-trigger-option-harness.html

kumatae,
Unfortunately, the 2014 US model does not bring the high beam signal out to the accessory harness. It's not the harness that's different, it's the motorcycle's 6P harness plug. You could possible tie this signal to the harness yourself, but by default it won't be there.

See this thread where we discovered the differences: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/10442-headlight-trigger-option-harness.html

I read in a thread about that but it was confusing so I was hoping to find out for myself. Thank you so much for the clarification. It won't look as clean but I'll find the high beam wire and tie it there. What do people use the plug with three wires?

My new tires finally came in. I wonder what's the signifigance between (58W) and (69W)?

I'll pull off both wheels mid March and take them to the local bike shop for mounting.

1.jpg

Last edited:
My new tires finally came in. I wonder what's the signifigance between (58W) and (69W)?

The number before the W indicates the load index of the tire. In your example the rear tire is rated for more weight carrying capacity than the front tire, which is most often the case.

58W means a load rating of 520 pounds and a speed rating of 168 mph.

Last edited:
I took my baby over to the dealership in 30 degree weather so they could install some new shoes on her. Got some shinko 705s and boy did they take a couple of miles to get used to but I like them. Will finally get to run some country dirt roads without feeling like I'm riding on marbles with those stock street tires.

I took my baby over to the dealership in 30 degree weather so they could install some new shoes on her. Got some shinko 705s and boy did they take a couple of miles to get used to but I like them. Will finally get to run some country dirt roads without feeling like I'm riding on marbles with those stock street tires.

How long did the stocks last you? I'm also planning to do 705s after stock needs replacing. So far have 4500 miles.

I had 3000 miles on them and they looked like they had another 2000 to go, but I had a 3 inch nail in the rear so I just said screw it and got the shinkos.

Went for a hour long ride, was beautiful weather. I tested my oxford heated grips and had to turn them down to 40% so that they are not too hot.

It's was only my second ride since late October, I really have to get out more...

Got the windshield remounted. Half the problem was not realizing that there were 2 points of possible failure for the lower bolts. Also didn't realize how bloody freakin cold 35 degrees is without it :rolleyes:

Lubed the chain, test ride. Next 6 weeks will be back and forth between Tucson and Gold Canyon, its Renaissance Faire season.

I rode to work in yet another rain storm. Had enough of this in "sunny California!"

I rode to work in yet another rain storm. Had enough of this in "sunny California!"
Yeah I've wimped out and decided to drive the car after getting to work and my riding gear letting me down. Now when it's below 36° or pouring rain a drive the car or truck, oh yeah some of the roads that I drive to work have flooded recently also. P.S. We need the rain anyway, just getting over a almost decade long drought for those that aren't local

Last edited:
Yeah I've wimped out and decided to drive the car after getting to work and my riding gear letting me down. Now when it's below 36° or pouring rain a drive the car or truck, oh yeah some of the roads that I drive to work have flooded recently also. P.S. We need the rain anyway, just getting over a almost decade long drought for those that aren't local

I rode in the rain to test out my gear and never again! Biggest thing being that I leave the house at 6am and it was still bit dark. My gear did fine but it's just not ideal. Why take chances?! From now on, if it rains, I work from home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back