• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode to Cycle Gear for supplies; then changed the fork oil.

Haven't ridden since the surgery Nov. 29. Went out to the garage and worked on the SL350. Changed the steering bearings. Need to do a valve adjustment on the NC. Wish I had a lift. This old man is having a hard time getting up and down on the cold concrete floor.

Haven't ridden since the surgery Nov. 29. Went out to the garage and worked on the SL350. Changed the steering bearings. Need to do a valve adjustment on the NC. Wish I had a lift. This old man is having a hard time getting up and down on the cold concrete floor.
I hope you at least have some foam mats or something to make it easier on the knees. I picked up some of the brightly colored Lego tile type at a garage sale, saves the shoulder blades when crawling under the car and the knees when working on the bike

First oil change, chain cleaning and adjustment of cables. Really wishing the clutch was adjustable like the brake :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First oil change, chain cleaning and adjustment of cables. Really wishing the clutch was adjustable like the brake :(

I don't understand what do you mean about adjusting the clutch vs the brake? The clutch is more adjustable then the brakes

I don't understand what do you mean about adjusting the clutch vs the brake? The clutch is more adjustable then the brakes

Yes but the handle is still a tad bit to far out for my liking, at least on the brake I can bring the lever in if I want.

Inked469 means the lever. The 2014 has an adjustable reach brake lever, but not an adjustable reach clutch lever.

Aftermarket levers would be the solution to having both sides adjustable. Why Honda did one and not the other, I don't know.

Last edited:
He means the lever. The 2014 has an adjustable reach brake lever, but not an adjustable reach clutch lever.

Aftermarket levers would be the solution to having both sides adjustable. Why Honda did one and not the other, I don't know.

Thank you for clarifying. I agree honda should have made both adjustable.

Thank you for clarifying. I agree honda should have made both adjustable.

Yeah if they made one adjustable they should have made both. My NC700X is a 2012 so I got some $20 Amazon adjustable levers and I'm happy with them

I posted an eBay link to some great adjustable levers at least once. It's real easy to find them directly on eBay though.

Well not today but over the past 2 days. Pulled a 2.5 inch nail out of the back tire and plugged it. Ordered some Shinko 705s, and then spent about 6 hours or so trying to install the innovv camera system only to find out those 6 hours of my life I will never get back. What a waste of time. I had the hole thing wired up as per the instructions and what other have posted on this board and others, and when I turn on the bike the damn DVR thing was no bueno. The GPS unit came on and the DVR flashed on for about .25 of a second. That was it. Nothing else. Ripped that POS right off the bike and put it back in the box. I'm debating to try to get my money back and ship it back to china or just eat the cost.

Today I haven't moved the NC because it is raining, sleeting, snowing, slushing, etc. However, this past week I have made three rides totalling about 500 miles. Tuesday was the first ride after my broken leg surgery. A little stiff on the knee and with a lot of shifting my ankle smarts a bit (where the surgery was). It did feel good to get back in the saddle again. Road a lot of the East TN backroads, places where sunshine isn't piped in. Love the gas mileage on the NC. Averaged 78.4, 78.2 and 75.5 for each ride. Hope to ride Tuesday of this week also.

9ba274792846de01f42caf7015eed243.jpg
this was actually yesterday but I couldn't post until tonight.
First leisure ride in a long time (I'm usually commuting on two wheels) I started in Morgan Hill (left my motorcycle there, I was picked up by my wife on Thursday evening) stopped by pick n pull for a mirror for my car and then up 130 towards the Lick Observatory where there was still some snow on the ground
273bfb95cafadeba1ec281a8c82bc364.jpg
(current temp was almost 60°) and continued in a bit of a hurry I was running late for my date with my wife, and the roads were slick with remnants of snow and light mud from small land slides, it didn't help that my tires are at the end of their life stopped a few times for pictures and to enjoy the view then on towards Patterson to fuel up and head down interstate 5 to Los Banos to get my wife and head to a crab feed in Dos Palos. It was a great day
f7055a8d00169205e9222e7dc8f2229d.jpg
8b1726ff69328be86ac9786ff0ba09f6.jpg
c02af0c66f5bb925cf3b47569fcf47a1.jpg

This is looking down into San Jose but the cloud coverage is low and the sun is also
4367a9f3339ff13e546e990da7395c4a.jpg

This is one valley east of San Jose

Last edited:
Inspected bike, considering locations to install fuse block/relay and controls for heated grips and future accessories, and what combination of parts. There are many options, just need to decide. lol

Inspected bike, considering locations to install fuse block/relay and controls for heated grips and future accessories, and what combination of parts. There are many options, just need to decide. lol
Left side (same as clutch lever) in between the frunk and body work. Plenty of room out of sight and the elements, fairly easy to get to, well easier then changing the air filter. I was able to fit two outlets and switches with plenty of room to spare

Today I ordered the proper '1146' GIVI kit items from motorstorm.it to bolt the trekker outback side cases to the NC750X. (same plastics NC700X)

This will replace my home-made bent steel mounts. I also ordered the Trekker top case in black to go with the silver side cases.
It should look pretty sweet on the 2016.

Today I ordered the proper '1146' GIVI kit items from motorstorm.it to bolt the trekker outback side cases to the NC750X. (same plastics NC700X)

This will replace my home-made bent steel mounts. I also ordered the Trekker top case in black to go with the silver side cases.
It should look pretty sweet on the 2016.
Nice, post pics when you get it together

Today I realized how nice the 700 is, especially with a Madstad windscreen. The last 4 days I have been riding a new-to-me 250 dual-sport around town and to work. Forgot what life without a windscreen was like. The wind chill in the mornings on the 250 was something I had forgotten with the Madstad.

Took the windshield off after work. Two quarter sized fender washers have kept the lower bolts from pulling thru the grommets...however it does nothing to keep the other end of the bolts from pulling out of the mount. There's just too much Cal-Sci surface area above the bolts to trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back