• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having replaced my handlebars I have found the internal weights are easy to get off if you have the grips removed. Basically there are some spring clips that dig into holes in he handlebars. If you push the clip in you can slid the internal weight out. If you pull hard enough you can break the clips and it will come out. Service manual shows this if you dig down to the inner weight replacement.
No need for advice after the fact; when I posted I had already completed the job ; }

I cheated on my Serenity!
9b471b8bfba3ca12605e9b793f6665c3.jpg

I brought home this lovely 2007 FJR. I will miss the frunk, but the comforts and extra...erm...pep of the FJR will more than make up for it. I need to be careful, because it will be really easy to get a ticket on her...

I still have my NC for now, but it it was part of the deal with SOQS to sell Serenity ASAP. [emoji22]

Ordered new tires - Michelin Road Pilot 4's front & rear. My rear tire is starting to show cords, so it was time. Once they arrive will head to my dealer to have them mounted.

The other thing - not done today - but finished today - was I installed a top case that I had sitting around from my old 150cc scooter - painted it satin black (from the cranberry red it was originally)
Use 1" angle steel bar, drilled holes to match up to the Givi side case rack I already have, and drilled holes for the top case
Cut angled steel to size, and bolted everything together
Couldn't find the key for the top case so I bolted on an external latch with key lock, added some weatherstripping to make the top nice and snug when latched.
I had it wired for turn signal and running lights on my scooter, and will probably do the same - maybe add in brake lights as well.
Top case is a bit angled forward, but the lines match up to the angle of my Givi side cases, so I think it looks fine
20160911_132226.jpg20160911_132317.jpg

Last edited:
Went for 300+ mile ride up through the Blue Ridge. Took the scenic route to Watauga Lake and back via Carvers Gap/Roan Mountain. Dropped her at the end of the ride and ended up with a clutch lever that looks like a "J" but its an easy fix. Good news is that those crash bars did their job.

Last edited:
I have a 2014 same color as the bike above. I have H&B bags with a Piug Touring Windscreen. Yesterday afternoon I did raise the front of my seat as per the thread on this forum. Feels better until I can save my pennies to buy a Sargent's seat. Then today I pushed it out of the garage (it was in the front) and put my '99 Valkyrie Tourer there and left the 700 near the door ready for next week's riding. Seem to be running about 600 miles a week lately which is a good thing. Even was on the BRP Thursday, between Cherokee, NC and Asheville.

Congratulations on the FJR!

Boo hiss on selling the NC though....does your SOQS have one pair of shoes?
[emoji1] yeah, she has more than one pair, but so do I...
I also brought home this last week...
22883ae61ba0956bb96407b1797761f5.jpg

1977 XL175
It was my second bike growing up. The first was a Yamaha PW50.

I'm going to take my time selling it, so maybe SOQS will forget [emoji14]

Got a chance to fix my USB port. My last one didn't last long (a week or two) and it died. I pulled it out and the guts are rattling, the new one glows when i turn the power on :)
d5c1ddb9503f89ba73967330a8dcce6a.jpg
d8d34b78a2ead9e0acc75bf44bad3a31.jpg
d89a784d0142faab1c098b8ee9da55f2.jpg

Last edited:
Fenda Extenda.jpg
Being new to the NC700X and this forum, a very interesting thread to learn about mods others are opting for. Just added a front fender extender. Hoping that it will help protect the radiator and keep spray off the engine. I opted to secure the fender extender on with rivets vs. the epoxy only method. The install took about 30 minutes, including removing and re-attaching the front fender. Hopefully this will be one of many future mods.

Rode an ATV in Talemina State Park near Talihina, OK and knocked a big chunk out of my fender extender!

I used 3M automotive trim tape to attach the fender extender, boy is that stuff strong!

254696675b074b94b6037723e3d5d9fe.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

did a 200 mile bike ride over to the lakes,honister pass,lakes district.weather was over cast but warmbum is a little tender and a little tired to. good day..

DSC03389.jpgDSC03391.jpgDSC03396.jpgDSC03400.jpgDSC03398.jpgDSC03404.jpg

0969ae209d6adf9a99cf945f9724c1ca.jpg
7ea5568ac52b0fa7a0440fb9bb2f156e.jpg
6fcee7fa9cb902c66dcdafc92a2e5c8d.jpg
11e552f1988bee9f54debc4534273de0.jpg

Had a great four day trip down to Talihina, OK. Day two we rode the scenic by way and ate lunch at the Queen Willamina resort. And then attempted an ATV trail out of Talihina State Park, but didn't make it too far and I messed up the video! So sad; you all could have seen Belrix playing in the mud and broke his fender! Next day we rode to the Choctaw Capitol Inbetween Talihina and Clayton-- museum there was excellent. Also rode around the area, checked out some back roads and ate at an awesome restaurant in Clayton-- Country K ??? Had the camp ground all to ourselves after the first night, if you don't count the countless daddy long legs! The park ranger entertained us w Bigfoot stories and Brian slaved over the campfire every night. He is becoming quite the Emeril of campfire and Coleman Bunsen burner cuisine: Chili dog Frito pie, spaghetti and meat sauce, and steak w macaroni and cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My Hepco & Becker Alurack and Junior 55 top case arrived this afternoon. I just finished installing them. Way sturdy rack, and the top case is double-walled, seals very nicely, and actually does fit two modular helmets and a few other smaller things -- or one helmet and the smaller stuff and some extra clothing layers. Looks great so I guess I better get some photos up in the next day or two ; }

Last edited by a moderator:
I fell down. I pulled out from where I park, first I have to go forward some and then do a quick right. I was already leaning for the turn and managed to stall the bike and I went plop. It was 530am, and the thought of just staying on there ground and going back to sleep crossed through my mind, but I got both myself and the bike up and went to work. I don't know what it is about this bike but I have dropped it/fallen over more than every other bike I've had combined. Luckily it's easy to pick up.

298.3 miles today. only 14 photos, four stops to wash the bugs off my face shield, and three changes of layering ; }

110 more miles before first major service interval and new tires. not bad considering i started riding it on july 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back