• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pic was actually back on July 10th, 2015 - I'm just short of 41,000 now - but what I did do today is pay off my NC700X on it's third birthday.
40000_20150710.jpg
Back in Aug of 2012, I took the beginner motorcycle safety class offered by WYDOT having never been on a motorcycle before, and then the Monday after walked into the Honda place and bought my NC700X - what a ride it's been!

Rode about a 300 mile loop to S Lake Tahoe, stopped in Meyers for lunch.
I started with a full tank, added $9.00 during the ride and still have most of a tank left when I got home. :cool:

I took a ride up HWY 71 from Alma, AR to Fayettville. Then 16 turned south on various roads and worked my way back to Sallisaw. Half the time I had no idea where I was. Ended up with about 220 miles on some really nice Northwest Arkansas roads. Weather was perfect.

I took a ride up HWY 71 from Alma, AR to Fayettville. Then 16 turned south on various roads and worked my way back to Sallisaw. Half the time I had no idea where I was. Ended up with about 220 miles on some really nice Northwest Arkansas roads. Weather was perfect.

Man o Man.
I am looking at Google maps and salivating over those roads. OOHhhh.

Finished installing the Hyperpro Streetbox kit on the Integra. No idea what is it like yet until tomorrow when I'll go to get a set of Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyres fitted as well.

Picked up my NC from 600 miles service yesterday.
As a plus, it was nicely washed and dried out - no water stains anywhere - she looks like brand new :D

From not-so-pleasant department, I noticed silver paint worn off that funny triangle cut in the passenger pegs mounting. At first I though it's a mark from my slide, but then noticed the same on the other side. Turns out my motorcycle shoes did it. Oh well, she won't be brand new forever.

Still happy I chose NC :)

Went for a couple of hours through some old neighborhoods. It started out at 75° which was really nice. Lowest I have seen it here since May I think. Though we have had some rain the last couple of weeks it has not been like the rains at the end of July. The ground is still saturated and most of every additional inch still has to run off and find it's way to the gulf. The older neighborhoods are suffering the most because as time and construction has gone by they have built higher and higher and filled in more and more. This leaves the older communities "lower" than they used to be. In relation to the newer stuff anyway.

A little local craft show setting up.

8-15-15 Ride 01.jpg

It was worse during the rains for sure

8-15-15 Ride 09.jpg

I wonder what the inside looks like.

8-15-15 Ride 08.jpg

Searching for a way to the gulf.

8-15-15 Ride 07.jpg

8-15-15 Ride 06.jpg

Makeshift driveway.

8-15-15 Ride 05.jpg

It's everywhere.

8-15-15 Ride 04.jpg

8-15-15 Ride 03.jpg

Flowing through here...still.

8-15-15 Ride 02.jpg

Right up to the road.

8-15-15 Ride 10.jpg

OK.
So the order in which the pics show in the Manage attachments area (both places) and on my computer is not the order in which they are on the post.

That makes the captions wrong! So it is a matching game for the reader. wtf!

Last edited:
I prepared the bike and route for my first attempt at a Saddlesore 1000. For those of you unfamiliar (I'm sure most of you are), it's 1000 miles in a 24 hour period. Most people near me tend to do a Northern California to Southern California route, utilizing the mind numbing but very fast, I-5. I intend on making it a more difficult route, but with actual riding through the Sierra's and coastal mountain ranges.

From Clipboard.jpg

Last edited:
Therapy: Nice pics. Where are you located in west central Florida. I will be visiting my wife (actually going down to babysit her animals while she is doing some work training in Orlando for 3 days) the last week in Sept. I haven't decided yet if I am flying down (out of Louisville Ky), driving down or riding my bike down. I have a small klx250sf stored at the wife's house in case I don't ride down. I have met floridaferalcat and would be nice to meet some other NCers. She lives in Levy county (between Branson and Williston)-actually not that far from Floridaferal cat.

I prepared the bike and route for my first attempt at a Saddlesore 1000. For those of you unfamiliar (I'm sure most of you are), it's 1000 miles in a 24 hour period. Most people near me tend to do a Northern California to Southern California route, utilizing the mind numbing but very fast, I-5. I intend on making it a more difficult route, but with actual riding through the Sierra's and coastal mountain ranges.

View attachment 25825

If that mileage/miles came from a web site such as google or mapquest, remember the time doesn't factor in your gas stops, bathroom breaks, food breaks. Last Labor day, I did the 1000 mile ride; I actually did 1054miles in 17 hours (to the minute) but I rode all Interstate, except the last 12 miles (I-65, I-10, I-75). I kept the speedo at 74mph on the Interstate and most of my stops were quick-less than 15 minutes-for fuel and a bathroom break, except one 45 minute break for food and a 30 minute break to swap out wet clothes for dry clothes and put on rain gear (long story). I also got lucky and didn't run into any interstate backups for traffic or wrecks. Good luck and have fun....

Therapy: Nice pics. Where are you located in west central Florida. I will be visiting my wife (actually going down to babysit her animals while she is doing some work training in Orlando for 3 days) the last week in Sept. I haven't decided yet if I am flying down (out of Louisville Ky), driving down or riding my bike down. I have a small klx250sf stored at the wife's house in case I don't ride down. I have met floridaferalcat and would be nice to meet some other NCers. She lives in Levy county (between Branson and Williston)-actually not that far from Floridaferal cat.

I am in Land O Lakes. Just N of Tampa.

This pic was actually back on July 10th, 2015 - I'm just short of 41,000 now - but what I did do today is pay off my NC700X on it's third birthday.
View attachment 25760
Back in Aug of 2012, I took the beginner motorcycle safety class offered by WYDOT having never been on a motorcycle before, and then the Monday after walked into the Honda place and bought my NC700X - what a ride it's been!

Can you tell me if you have experienced any non service related repairs? Additionally, do you have the DCT version or the standard. 41,000 miles is a significant accomplishment congratulation!

Went on a 160+ mile ride for some ice cream. Played around all over southern Indiana (between Louisville and Evansville) waiting on Polly's Freeze to open up. Grabbed some ice cream (Vanilla) and then went home. 42 miles as the crow flies, but this crow flew like it was trippin! Working on a vid, so no photos this time. Had a great time riding along the river and in the "foothills" of the Knobs.

Went on a 160+ mile ride for some ice cream. Played around all over southern Indiana (between Louisville and Evansville) waiting on Polly's Freeze to open up. Grabbed some ice cream (Vanilla) and then went home. 42 miles as the crow flies, but this crow flew like it was trippin! Working on a vid, so no photos this time. Had a great time riding along the river and in the "foothills" of the Knobs.

Ha- For the first time in decades, I went out for ice cream yesterday, too. Buddy stopped by for coffee in my neck of the woods, and it was just too nice an evening not to continue on out for a summer evening ride, so Pistachio Gelatos were decided upon, lol :D

I rarely crave ice cream, but it sounded GREAT on Saturday, and the shop does some great frosty treats. they didnt open until 10:30 or so, and seeing as I left the house at 8, I had to do some riding around, which was awesome as it didnt start heating up until around noon. Just made for a nice trip around and seeing some stuff I hadn't before. This summer, I am finding getting out before it gets warm has been great, cause it brings me back before it gets blistering hot.

There is an ice cream shop in my neck of the woods that is a great target destination. Maple View Farms. You can sit in a rocker on the front porch and watch the cows as you eat THEIR ice cream.

If that mileage/miles came from a web site such as google or mapquest, remember the time doesn't factor in your gas stops, bathroom breaks, food breaks. Last Labor day, I did the 1000 mile ride; I actually did 1054miles in 17 hours (to the minute) but I rode all Interstate, except the last 12 miles (I-65, I-10, I-75). I kept the speedo at 74mph on the Interstate and most of my stops were quick-less than 15 minutes-for fuel and a bathroom break, except one 45 minute break for food and a 30 minute break to swap out wet clothes for dry clothes and put on rain gear (long story). I also got lucky and didn't run into any interstate backups for traffic or wrecks. Good luck and have fun....

Yup. My calculations with added fuel stops and food, looks like it'll be a 20 hour total trip. Unless we can shave some time off the actual riding.

We're fully aware we may not do it in the allotted 24 hours, but we wanted a "fun" route rather than just central California interstate.

I have been wanting a cheap type of small video camera I can attach to the bike while I am riding. If I commute to work, major road construction area on the Interstate, plus last month I had to hit the ditch to keep from hitting a truck head on which came around a blind hill/blind curve on my side of the road and never got over-I wanted something to record such incidents in case of incidents where I may be hurt or worse.
I found the geek pro 2 (couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars for a Go Pro-not a blogger or vlogger). It came with 3 different types of mounts, one which was for handle bars or other small type of bar interface. It also came with a water proof case which also mounts to the mounting devices. I attached it to my left side mirror. I think it will do the job I want it to do. The built in battery will last about 1.5 hours and a 32 Gb micro sd card easily records 3 hours of video clips-probably more. It can charge from a computer (usb connecton) or if you have a 12 volt adapter or a household power unit (I have one for my mp3 player). It also has an hdmi port.
This is the one I purchased:
Amazon.com : GeekPro® 2.0'' Touch Screen 5MP HD 720P Waterproof Camera 8G TF Card 140° Wide-Angle Sports Action DV Bike Helmet Camcorder Touchable : Camera & Photo
The picture shows the camera inside of the waterproof case, but the camer is small, something like 2" x 2".

Here is a quick test video: (got to figure out how to post videos directly to the forum, in case I record some really cool roads)
https://youtu.be/UrBIqfLnTok

Not bad, especially for the price. If you stuff some cotton over the mic (in the case or taped over the mic without a case) it will help cut down on the wind noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back