• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDIOT ALERT

Today I pushed the bike up on the lift, overbalanced it away from me and lost it. It went off to the right with me hanging on and dominoed (word?) one of the other NCs.
Damages? Slightly bent rear signal on the son's bike and it went right back into place. I don't know why but I can't find any marks on his bike's left side from being pushed over??? His bike fell against the 100 and a cooler.......cool! Mine scratched lower pan, foot peg tip, muffler edge, handle bar weight and broke the mirror....and I lost a serious amount of PRIDE. A couple of bruises and small cut on forearm. Lucky, if one can say that about this kind of thing.

No pictures but it did happen!!

Lessons? Screw pushing it up on the lift!! I then drove it up on the lift and will continue to do so.
Wear better shoes.

Arghhh!

Put Shock Sox on my front shocks. I have been using Hippo Hands protectors but they looked a bit sloppy. They also are a loose fit so some dirt does get in the top. Picture shows the 2 year old Hippo Hands protector on left and new Shock Sox on right.

shock sock.jpg

Just got done replacing disk pads on front and rear. Not too bad a job. I had to redo the front pads, some how something out of alignment, but after the second attempt, everything is good.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Fuzzy, keep us informed on how they work. May be my next add-on.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Will do. Thanks for posting about them or I wouldn't have known of them.

The Hippo Hands ones did the job just looked sloppy. These are well made, should prevent dings and will do even better than Hippo Hands keeping dirt off the seals.

Footpegs

Replaced stock footpegs with these from SW Motech. Much more comfortable when standing on pegs!!!

foot pegs with rubber.jpgfoot pegs naked.jpg

My bike now has about 625 miles on it so I'm planning to do the initial oil change tomorrow sometime. I ordered 3 OEM oil filters and some drain plug washers from an online place, so I'll just need to swing by the Honda dealer for the appropriate oil. Hoping for a relatively painless oil change. Doesn't look too bad… famous last words, right?!?! :)

Oil change is easy peasy and you can use the same washer for your first change as well, just flip it over. You can get two changes per washer that way if you like to save money anyway. Jealous of your roads there..........

Hood Canal Ride 8-23-15

Rode along Hood Canal today, 90 mile ride. Beautiful day, light traffic, lots of curves.

Pictures or it didn't happen...

HC1.jpgHC2.jpgHC4.jpgHC3.jpg

Rode Tn. Hwy 84 from Sparta to Monterey. Been lots of rain and there was some gravel and tree limbs in the road, but fortunately I made it through OK. Next to the dragon, one of the best rides in the state.

Rode Tn. Hwy 84 from Sparta to Monterey.

That is a nice road, or 284 south of you through Fall Creek Falls is very nice. I enjoy White and Van Buren counties in Tennessee. The central part of the state (north and west of Chattanooga) doesn't get as much notice as eastern TN, but there are good things to discover there. I used to live in redneck Sequatchie County and travelled those roads frequently. I had the only BMW in the county in the middle 70's. All my neighbors had raked out choppers.

I've ridden through that area a few times on my way to Nashville to meet another riding buddy. Love the country. Had a friend lead us through some country roads south of Nashville one time, some of the best riding I've ever done. Tree shaded lanes, up and down like a roller coaster. Beautiful.

Rode out to Madison with a guy that was in my MSF course. Took a quick video (Sena 10C) on the way to meet him in Prospect. There are a couple nice and twisty roads within 5 minutes of my house. Here is the video of Sleep Hollow Road and Covered Bridge Road.

[video=youtube;St6sX5rRkdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6sX5rRkdw[/video]

Those last two interested me.

It can show the difference between the bike mounted camera and the helmet. On the helmet the lean angle is not as apparent which makes the whole seem more, umm, mundane to the uninitiated.

Thanks guys.

I've not posted here in a while and I have not ridden much lately as life does that sometimes. Any who, I did a 210 mile ride on Saturday up from Atlanta 411 into Tennessee east on 64 along the Ocoee river and back down south on 5 / 76 through Blue Ridge. Man was my *** numb and man are my knees getting old.

Here is some of the ride on my Contour camera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhHCVe_7Dc

[video=youtube;yKhHCVe_7Dc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhHCVe_7Dc[/video]

Last edited:
I moved off the bike to a chest mount for my GoPro and now the helmet on the Sena 10C. On the bike itself, I got waviness in the video, not really vibration, but more like heat waves (even when there was no heat). Off the bike, no waves.

I am looking to possibly hook the GoPro up as a "rear view" and play with a PIP method of some of these rides. Gonna be interesting, however, getting the timing set up right.

I took a nice ride again today. The prime riding season here in Colorado will be ending within the next 6 weeks or so. Some of the destinations won't last half that long. I did the Trail Ridge Road ride last Thursday. Trail Ridge normally closes for the winter season right around Labor Day.

I had the day off today, so I decided to pick off another high altitude destination… Mount Evans. Mount Evans has the distinction of being the highest paved road in North America. It also usually closes for the winter sometime around Labor Day.

I wanted to avoid big highways as much as possible, so I rode straight west of Loveland to Estes Park. From Estes, I went south towards the little towns of Ward, Nederland, and Central City. I ended up having lunch at Idaho Springs, CO which is along I-70. The road for Mount Evans starts just outside of Idaho Springs. Here's a rough map:

map.jpg

The first place I stumbled upon was the Saint Malo chapel near Allenspark. It's owned and maintained by the Catholic Archdiocese of Denver. My [now elderly] mother was very involved in the local church lady group and they occasionally had their regional meetings at this location. Had to take a picture to show mom…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapel_on_the_Rock

stmalo.jpg

I continued from the Allenspark area towards Central City via the Peak to Peak highway. This is a popular and scenic drive for everyone from cyclists to Miata owner's groups. I got a bit turned around and spent an extra few minutes in the Blackhawk/Central city area, but eventually made it through town to join I-70 and had lunch in Idaho Springs. The road to Mount Evans picks up just outside of Idaho Springs. I paid the princely sum of $3 for admittance to the road and the national park. Next stop: The summit.

mtevanssign.jpg

I don't know if it's readable in this size of photo, but the captain says, "Elevation 14,130 feet"

On the way back down, I stopped for a panoramic picture at Summit Lake Park:

lakepano.jpg

As I rode back through the town of Nederland, I noticed the turnoff sign for Lake Eldora Ski Area. I haven't been there for more than 25 years, so I decided a detour was in order. After about 10 miles of riding, I arrived at a locked gate near the parking lot of the ski area. Took a pic for old time's sake.

eldora.jpg

The light was just right as I was riding down the hill from Eldora so I stopped for another picture. Eldora is basically west of Boulder, Colorado so you can kinda see Boulder in the background of this pic.

nederland.jpg

All told, I put right at 280 miles on the NC700 today. The gas mileage was nothing short of phenomenal. I basically did the whole thing without stopping for gas. I didn't fill at the exact same gas station, choosing one that was closer to where I stopped for dinner on my way home. I filled 3.156 gallons after 273 miles for an average of 86.50 mpg! Any motorcycle rider who doesn't already own an NC700 is really missing out!

PS. I still hate the stock seat. I think it'll be days before I can walk somewhat normally again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back