• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
25615d1438984195-2015-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today-img_2515-jpg

my they are expensive @ £150($226) for a piece of tubing.
they should be around £90 even then thats not cheap.
if theres enough interest I might start making them.
I agree with Johnakay,
When I first saw the photo I thought that they were a pair of hand guards, minus wind & rain protection plastic, like you see on a lot of off road bikes. Then I looked at the price and was dumbfounded! And I thought what a ridiculous price! The price is way more than an upscale pair of tapered handlebars. I'll just remove my traditional hand guard's plastic and achieve the same result?
And the tubing material is probably weaker than extruded solid aluminum, and I'll bet they will interfere with most windscreens when the bars are turned from lock to lock.

Last edited:
25615d1438984195-2015-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today-img_2515-jpg

my they are expensive @ £150($226) for a piece of tubing.
they should be around £90 even then thats not cheap.
don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the idea its a good idea but a big company like heppy & co can do it a lot cheaper but choose to rip folks off.
if theres enough interest I might start making them.

What is the purpose of these?

If it's just to protect the levers, another option is you could buy a pair of the Cycle Gear hand guards for less that 1/4 the price, throw the plastic shields away, and have nearly the same thing.

Last edited:
There's a "block" in the center that mounts through the bar mount and makes it a one piece unit, that reinforces the strength of the handle bars, possibly, not something I'll get as I'm 99% street riding.

Unless I'm seeing the picture wrong.

I think John's wording from a different thread (below) echoes my thoughts on this handlebar gizmo.

I just can't understand why some feel the the need to put pointless bits or remove parts that are part of the bike,it was put there for a reason.
just wasting hard earned cash on something that will not do a halfpence good and would be better spent on something that will improve the ride etc etc.

Ride with unexplained coolant discharge

Went for a short ride today that ended up being 80 miles.
Not bad. Temps in mid 80s after another two inches of rain.

There were a lot of roads with water still crossing them in small amounts. Mostly the neighborhoods. I only took one pic of that.

8-8-15 road flood.jpg

We ended up at a place called Fred Howard Park. Lots of memories there.

We took a short break

8-8-15 ride 1.jpg

8-8-15 ride 2.jpg

8-8-15 ride 3.jpg

Then my son noticed my coolant leaking.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/9552-coolant-discharge-why.html#post139920

Made it home fine though. Thank goodness. Does anyone know what AAA does for a bike?

I have AAA for mine. They will tow up to 150 miles for me if needed. I sure feel better knowing I have it when a few miles from home!

Made it home fine though. Thank goodness. Does anyone know what AAA does for a bike?

If you're interested in towing, join the American Motorcyclist Association. The towing service is free (up to 35 miles) and it covers any vehicle you own except utility trailers. That means car, trucks, motorcycles, boat trailers, motorhomes, etc.

Was supposed to be doing a 24hr rally put on by fellow NCXer and recent IBR finisher Hammy. I've spent a good portion of the week at the barn with my sick horse, and just didn't have the energy or the heart for it today. So I stopped by one of the high point bonus locations after picking up meds for him, then went home and got a nap before heading out again to drop them off.
Pics or it didn't happen
KIMG0604.jpg
Still planning to hit the finish tomorrow, eat and talk motorcycles.

If you're interested in towing, join the American Motorcyclist Association. The towing service is free (up to 35 miles) and it covers any vehicle you own except utility trailers. That means car, trucks, motorcycles, boat trailers, motorhomes, etc.

Ahah!
Thank you so much.

Great ride with a buddy up to Lake Burton for a great cheeseburger by the lake then twisties around Helen Ga. Met a fellow rider new to North Georgia on an amazing looking and running Yamaha 650 at Riders Hill.

I installed a shorter side stand today.

IMG_2889.jpg

The side stand is made by Effex, a subsidiary of Plot. It's 20mm sorter than stock and a good match for the Over Racing lowering kit that I recently installed. That kit lowers the bike by 15mm. I was able to re-add my Givi footpad and still maintain an excellent lean angle.

I'm glad I didn't lower the bike more. Center stand use is much harder with this small change, and I can't imagine how hard it would be if I lowered the bike by 20 or 30mm.

Cornering clearance is still good but I am touching down my boot a bit more often.

If you are contemplating lowering your bike, plan on getting a shorter side stand and be prepared for a harder time raising the bike on the center stand (if you have one).

I installed a shorter side stand today.

View attachment 25653

The side stand is made by Effex, a subsidiary of Plot. It's 20mm sorter than stock and a good match for the Over Racing lowering kit that I recently installed. That kit lowers the bike by 15mm. I was able to re-add my Givi footpad and still maintain an excellent lean angle.

I'm glad I didn't lower the bike more. Center stand use is much harder with this small change, and I can't imagine how hard it would be if I lowered the bike by 20 or 30mm.

Cornering clearance is still good but I am touching down my boot a bit more often.

If you are contemplating lowering your bike, plan on getting a shorter side stand and be prepared for a harder time raising the bike on the center stand (if you have one).

It made getting my lowered bike on the centerstand much easier by backing the rear tire on a 2x4. Of course this only worked for me in my garage since I didn't carry a 2x4 in my back pocket!

I got a centerstand for the 700S instead of the X. It worked great until I put on a bigger rear tire, now I have to put blocks under the stand to get the tire up. I think mine is lowered 30mm though.

Changed front brake fluid and installed ebay adjustable folding clutch n brake levers. They weren't oh wow on a short ride so I'll give them a while.

WP_20150809_002[1].jpg

Changed the oil (LOF) and check the valves. The were all in spec.

WP_20150809_001.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a almost new/slightly used Sargent seat...hope to test ride it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think John's wording from a different thread (below) echoes my thoughts on this handlebar gizmo.

don't drag this on ,I've already made an apology.
and no its not pointless bits.
he is just trying to protect his hands etc should he has a fall.
my comment was on the price of the said item.
hepco etc seem to charge a small fortune for bits thats are easily made(well from my point it is.)
and I'm sure they can sell it much cheaper and still make a nice profit.
renntec have gone the opposite but have started to use light materials with a weight limit of 5kgs(11lbs)
so they'll be no good for camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back