• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Yea, I'm a bit spoiled with my garage. When we added onto the house, my wife said "Build whatever garage that you want. I just want my family room." So I did!

Today is the 1st of June. I bought my bike on the 29th of January this year. Since then i have ridden 4200 km since then. Good times :)

as we "should" all know by now... Honda fitted the wrong tires to the NC750x and has been replacing them FREE OF CHARGE throughout the world. I am in the process of "battling" with HONDA CANADA, which at the moment are passing me around the system... even though I can give them names of customers in Canada that have ALREADY had their tires changed due to the problem
I took the bike into the Honda dealer for them to verify to Honda CANADA that the tires were finished, and even they got passed back and forth between Warranty Dept and another agent WARRANTY of course DECLINED to deal with a tire problem.
Latest is that I spoke again today with said agent and he will pass me along the chain to someone a little higher in the chain!

I have owned over a dozen Hondas during my motorcycling days, BUT IF I get passed around so much that they THINK I will just let it go (which I never would) then my future idea of purchasing the NEW Africa Twin will go bye bye... as would the purchase of ANY other NEW Honda motorcycle!

HONDA CANADA KNOWS that this problem exists AND as I said previously, have ALREADY changed tires for people in Canada... so WTF are they doing frustrating buyers of THEIR products when they KNOW it is a WELL KNOWN PROBLEM ?

IF you are in CANADA and have already had the tire change over .. could you please let me know... so that I can hit Honda with MORE ammunition :)

Honda didn't do a recall.... that IS expensive! Therefore they decided that IF a customer complained... they would replace the tires.The oem tires are waring at an unusually alarming rate.Mine are done at 1700kms!!
Here is a link I have on the NC UK forum... I'm sure it will be somewhere on HERE too ! Do an internet search... you will find the problem everywhere.

THE DEFINITIVE 750X DUNLOP TYRE THREAD - Tyres - The Honda NC Owners Forum

Hi
What size is that Anakee3 rear tire and what front tire do you have? I believe there is no 17" front Anakee3?

Rear is 170/60R-17 -- Speedo still reads true to my GPS up to 75 mph +/- 1mph.

Front is just a ContiMotion in stock size. You're correct, no Anakee front in 17" is available.

trey

Cleaned, adjusted, and lubed chain. The alignment tool recommended by Beemerphile is cool.

1800 miles and averaging 70.7mpg.

Skookum has been so good to me that I installed her new side bags and rear rack. 20150601_211722.jpg

Didn't really do anything to the bike put i ordered the 12 000km (7456.45 miles) service. I have 1400km to go so i will get it serviced the 29th. Also i'll have got my paycheck by then. In Sweden most people get their paychecks the 25th each month. The 27th if you work in the goverment/state.

I just changed windscreens to the Lt. Tint Sport/Tour V-stream. It's much better (for me) then the Honda Tall. I also added some handguards. Since I have Magura Tapered bars I went with Touratech GD handguards for a F800GS. They worked great with a couple of mods. Other changes since new are Ohlins rear shock, RDL seat, Honda center stand, Givi Trekker luggage, Throttlemeister, As mentioned Magura Tapered bars on Rox Risers, Garmin on center handlebar mount, and Conti Trail Attack tires. By the way these tires wear like iron. Now that I have it just the way I want it Honda is bring out the new CRF1000L with DCT. Oh well.

Just cashed in my discount (50%!!!!) code I won in a raffle for the "Drop In Damper Cartridge" (DDC Package) for the NC from Cogent Dynamics. Won the raffle at the ADV gathering last month. Mine includes DDC, Springs, Spacers and 2L of Fork Oil. Retail $309, my price $154.50.
Drop in Damper Cartridge (DDC)

Now, to find someone to help me get them installed.

Just cashed in my discount (50%!!!!) code I won in a raffle for the "Drop In Damper Cartridge" (DDC Package) for the NC from Cogent Dynamics. Won the raffle at the ADV gathering last month. Mine includes DDC, Springs, Spacers and 2L of Fork Oil. Retail $309, my price $154.50.

Easier if you have a centerstand....:)

Ride to California and I'll help you. :)

Installed my radiator guard. Not as easy as I'd hoped but not too bad. The bear will be getting it unbolted for service interval changes... but I'll let the dealer work that out.

OK, so I did get something for the NC today. Something that is quite needed. A hydraulic motorcycle lift and creeper seat. Now I can easily work on the chain and other stuff that need the tires free to spin. Yes, I know, Center stand...

http://www.amazon.com/PowerZone-380...sim_263_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XFQKT27G4SJEAVWMHTG
http://www.amazon.com/Torin-Jack-TR6300-Creeper-Seat/dp/B000COC67E/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_y

Green with envy! :cool:

I'd sure love to have a place to work on my bike, and nifty gadgets to go along with said work. Sigh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back