• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my shinko 705's mounted, as well as an altrider radiator guard and their side stand foot.

4f5927930e1c5e440852fcce99136b1e.jpg

Yesterday I purchased a used tinted MRA VarioTouring Screen. I got it installed this morning. Very excited to see if I can get rid of the loud irritating helmet noise that I get with the stock windshield in the low or high setting. Even with ear plugs it bothers me at highway speeds.

D'oh! :eek:

;)

---> MICROSTART • Antigravity Batteries <--- :D

The peace of mind having a micro jumpstarter tucked away in the bike is pretty awesome, if you can find one that fits your budget, I highly recommend them! :cool:

I think the last time I left my key in the ignition (not turned on though, thankfully) was in 1980 or so. In downtown Vancouver for the whole day, right out on the street. :rolleyes: I came back to find someone had taken the key out at some point during the day, and put it in the gas tank cap lock, as a gentle chiding reminder to be more careful lol

D'Oh is right!!!

Yesterday I purchased a used tinted MRA VarioTouring Screen. I got it installed this morning. Very excited to see if I can get rid of the loud irritating helmet noise that I get with the stock windshield in the low or high setting. Even with ear plugs it bothers me at highway speeds.

Interested to hear your thoughts. I have one with the adjustable spoiler sitting in my wish list on twistedthrottle.

Booked mine in for its first MoT test tomorrow, it's now nearly 3 years old.

I've only owned it since last July, and have barely used it. Might get it valued, bite the bullet and see how much I'll lose by cashing out early.

55 to 65... all day.
Not that an all day ride on a CRF equals an all day ride on an NC... which is why I bought an NC. [emoji2] (I'll likely use my NC on this trail later this summer.)

Last edited:
230 miles in NC mountains on mundane roads with names like Devils Whip, Diamondback, The Snake, Crooked Music Road. Missed all the rain. Tough job but someone has to do it. Can't even get a day off tomorrow. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the weekend stapled some no slip shelf liners to the pillion to keep my wife from sliding around, tested it on Saturday, seemed to work pretty well. It's a temporary solution until I feel justified in spending the money to replace the stock seats.

Tuesday rode home from work in the rain, rain layer of my gear didn't even get wet, but my gloves were soaked. Discover my Barkbuster storms had been delivered, installed them that night.

Today I rode to work, did a half day, left and got some new gloves from the motorcycle shop (something that would dry out in less than 3 days), picked up some coco bricks from the store to mulch my wife's flower beds with, and then picked up some Chicago style hot dogs and a cup of chili to take down to my parents house for lunch (about an hour ride).
quick back story: My family is originally from Chicago, as such Chicago dogs have rich tradition in my family, there are probably a half dozen places in the state of MN that make satisfactory Chicago dogs (3 places that do OK deep dish pizza, 5 if you count mine and my sisters kitchens). My father is having some respiratory issues and is only allowed to sit around the house, it's driving him crazy. My father has in the past claimed he has found not one, but two cures for the common cold (and most other illnesses); the first is a cup of Jr's chilli (hot dog stand near our house when I was a kid, part of that rich tradition), the second was a sack of 10 white castle sliders, the theory behind both is the same, anything that is alive in your body will wish for death once you've poisoned the well... or "What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." The chili I brought down today was not of a spice caliber that he thought would destroy infections.

About 2 miles from my parents house noticed the bolt on the bar end holding the Barkbusters on vibrated loose.... held it back in for the rest of the ride (made stopping difficult with my hands out of position) tightened it back up in their drive way (after lunch, one has to have priorities).
Riding home entered into a down pour while I was on the highway, in rush hour traffic... got wet, found out my boots leak at the top of the toe... left boot got it worse than the right, suspect it's because of the action of shifting pushing the water around and out of my sock which was absorbing a fair share.
Stopped at the hardware store to get loc-tight to hold the bolts on for the barkbusters, found them locked, got some rain-x while I was there for the helmet visor (if it ruins it I'll get a new one, probably need a new one any how) found some one to unlock the loc-tight, when we made it back to that aisle they assumed they had a leak in the roof from the puddle I left when I was in the aisle earlier... (I'd feel bad about making a mess,but they locked $8 tubes of loc-tight up for god knows why (is this normal? I'm not sure that I've ever bought the stuff actually, I may have just always used a tube my dad had in his tool box) so I don't feel to bad about it.

When I got home learned that my rain gear is woefully inadequate for downpours at highways speeds... and bottom 3 inches of my long sleeve and bottom 3 inches of my pants and a large area around my crotch were all soaked... need to figure out how to make that work better...
So with water squishing around in my left shoe, and a damnness in my right shoe, looking like I had just wet myself I wandered inside to greet my wife... I explained my weatherproofing failures, and she didn't understand why I was smiling... She must have missed the part where I just got back from a long ride on the motorcycle.

Installed an Innovv C3 today.

Mounted it under the beak. I measured everything and it should be fine, but you never know!!

Installed an Innovv C3 today.

Mounted it under the beak. I measured everything and it should be fine, but you never know!!
I'm still considering getting two of them. One for the front and one for the rear. I currently have two cameras I use but, they are pretty obvious and I have to remove them to charge after each ride. After getting rear ended I really want something more hidden/permanent and convenient. Amazon reviews for it aren't that great though, think that's the only thing holding me back.

I'm still considering getting two of them. One for the front and one for the rear. I currently have two cameras I use but, they are pretty obvious and I have to remove them to charge after each ride. After getting rear ended I really want something more hidden/permanent and convenient. Amazon reviews for it aren't that great though, think that's the only thing holding me back.

I bought mine from the actual importer himself, directly, due to a GroupBuy on BayAreaRidersForum.com. Because of that, I felt comfortable with if I had any issues being able to get them fixed.

The reviews, even on the group buy, are hit and miss. It appears that some people suffer reliability issues with it, some don't. I tend to think people are using cheap SDCard's and that's the cause of the issue, *or*, wiring it to a non-fused battery directly, causing voltage drops and increases which causes the central board to shut down to protect itself.

In my case I plug it directly into the auxiliary plug in our FRUNK and that resolves any voltage issues that some people have had. So far, and it's only been a day, I've had no "reliability" issues. I've managed to reconfigure the configuration file (via textEdit) and add a timestamp, as well as my own wording on the bottom, and changed it to 10 minute video files instead of the default 3.

Quality is outstanding.. and so far it does work as designed. Turn key on, it records. Turn key off, it stops. Working on editing the .mov to post it, so you can see for yourself.

Here's a video of it being ridden by The Stig... yes it's a little canted, which I fixed by rotating the mount. The quality and sound is better than YouTube makes shows it, even at 1080p, but you'll get the idea. And it turned on and off automatically.

[video=youtube;XUuYS8svECk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuYS8svECk[/video]

Installation info:

I mounted the lens to the underside of the "beak," with the standard 3M adhesive tape that came with the mount. I ran the wire under the plastics on the bottom side of the beak, up the dash support frame, to the main wiring harness on the left side of handle bars and then under the top triple clamp. Then I slid it through the bottom opening on the "front" of the "frunk," reached in behind the battery and pulled the wire through. Bolted the cover back on the battery.

This left me with the wire from the lens inside the frunk. Then I just plugged it into the "control unit," plugged the USB auxiliary power cord into my frunk-OEM honda accessory plug and tied it all into that little pocket on the front of the battery cover with the factory OEM honda rubber band thingy mabob.

Once I determine that it's reliable, I will mount it inside a plastic box of some sort to protect the lines and connections from other stuff in my frunk that may be roaming around.

I run quite a bit of sag in the front, more than most, and even with this much sag up front I was unable to even get the fender to come into view under heavy braking or when jumping off of curbs and stuff. I don't anticipate the lens ever touching the top of the fender.

Last edited:
230 miles in NC mountains on mundane roads with names like Devils Whip, Diamondback, The Snake, Crooked Music Road. Missed all the rain. Tough job but someone has to do it. Can't even get a day off tomorrow. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate I missed you.

I bought mine from the actual importer himself, directly, due to a GroupBuy on BayAreaRidersForum.com. Because of that, I felt comfortable with if I had any issues being able to get them fixed.

The reviews, even on the group buy, are hit and miss. It appears that some people suffer reliability issues with it, some don't. I tend to think people are using cheap SDCard's and that's the cause of the issue, *or*, wiring it to a non-fused battery directly, causing voltage drops and increases which causes the central board to shut down to protect itself.

In my case I plug it directly into the auxiliary plug in our FRUNK and that resolves any voltage issues that some people have had. So far, and it's only been a day, I've had no "reliability" issues. I've managed to reconfigure the configuration file (via textEdit) and add a timestamp, as well as my own wording on the bottom, and changed it to 10 minute video files instead of the default 3.

Quality is outstanding.. and so far it does work as designed. Turn key on, it records. Turn key off, it stops. Working on editing the .mov to post it, so you can see for yourself.

Here's a video of it being ridden by The Stig... yes it's a little canted, which I fixed by rotating the mount. The quality and sound is better than YouTube makes shows it, even at 1080p, but you'll get the idea. And it turned on and off automatically.

[video=youtube;XUuYS8svECk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuYS8svECk[/video]

Installation info:

I mounted the lens to the underside of the "beak," with the standard 3M adhesive tape that came with the mount. I ran the wire under the plastics on the bottom side of the beak, up the dash support frame, to the main wiring harness on the left side of handle bars and then under the top triple clamp. Then I slid it through the bottom opening on the "front" of the "frunk," reached in behind the battery and pulled the wire through. Bolted the cover back on the battery.

This left me with the wire from the lens inside the frunk. Then I just plugged it into the "control unit," plugged the USB auxiliary power cord into my frunk-OEM honda accessory plug and tied it all into that little pocket on the front of the battery cover with the factory OEM honda rubber band thingy mabob.

Once I determine that it's reliable, I will mount it inside a plastic box of some sort to protect the lines and connections from other stuff in my frunk that may be roaming around.

I run quite a bit of sag in the front, more than most, and even with this much sag up front I was unable to even get the fender to come into view under heavy braking or when jumping off of curbs and stuff. I don't anticipate the lens ever touching the top of the fender.
Cool. Thanks for the write up. I think I will pull the trigger on getting a couple soon. Now I need to get power to the frunk.

Cool. Thanks for the write up. I think I will pull the trigger on getting a couple soon. Now I need to get power to the frunk.

You can also wire it directly to your battery, and it does come with a fuse in-line. I just have had experiences with DC and the voltage alternating causing, well, problems. (RC planes) Because of that, I decided to use the accessory plug. Plus, I have a dual-USB port accessory plug thing, so I can still charge other stuff while also providing power to the "control" unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back