• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed the stock exhaust in hopes it would speed delivery of the new one I ordered. Doesn't look like that tactic worked. It didn't get to JFK airport until 8pm last night. :(

Next to come off the bike is the lower cowl in preparation for the skid plate, also in route from Japan.

Meanwhile snow, snow and more snow along with high temps in the 20s.

Added flashing LED brake lights to the OEM top box. Great safety improvement at the request of my wife. I guess she's not going for the insurance policy after all...

Made an adapter to use an Off-The-Shelf (OTS) Flasher Unit rate for use with LED to replace the OEM Unit for use with LED Turn Signals. Check out my Build Procedure Album.

Attachments

• FlasherAdaptor1.jpg
    FlasherAdaptor1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 371
  • FlasherAdaptor10.jpg
    FlasherAdaptor10.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 382
  • FlasherAdaptor11.jpg
    FlasherAdaptor11.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 377
I removed the stock exhaust in hopes it would speed delivery of the new one I ordered. Doesn't look like that tactic worked.

Doesn't work like that. Put the stock exhaust back on, and *then* the new one will show up, lol. :D

I went to the post office and picked up my exhaust, levers and skid plate.

Why does it only take 48 hours to ship parts from Samurider in Japan to JFK airport and then take 4 days to go 200 miles in the US?

The SP Tadao dual exhaust is a work of art. Unfortunately one of the pipes was slightly damaged and will be heading back to Japan for replacement. Bummer. But Mr. T will make things right and pick up all shipping costs.

ding 1.jpg

The black adjustable U-Kanyana levers went on the bike, and boy do they look sweet on my black NC.

The Plot skid pad is going to take a while to install. The included bag of hardware weighs about 3 lbs. (32 parts). You have to remove 7 stock brackets and reinstall the Plot brackets using the stock bolts. The installation instructions seem pretty detailed except they are in Japanese. Fortunately Samurider sent a page of English notes to make things a bit easier.

The plate itself is simply beautiful and is in a matte black finish which compliments the bike. I'll share a picture once it's installed.

Last edited:
Turned over 10,000 miles.
P1030738.jpg
Had to wail till I could find a place to pull over to take a picture, most of the 2 lane roads in MO. don't have a shoulder.

Great day to ride here, too! ~80 and sunny. Took the wife and rode to Bagdad with Mom & Dad. Some fun roads and pretty countryside. Sorry, I can't operate my new phone with my m/c gloves on, so no pics. :(

I rode out to the reservoir in 64 degree weather (Saturday the 7th). A record temperature here in Southern Idaho. Place is turning into a year-round riding venue. Although not really, because now the summers have gone from 2 weeks of unbearable heat to 2 months of it.

IMG-20150207-00408.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back