• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, probably the last day I will be able to ride above freezing - dropping below 40 after today for the next couple weeks. Rode into work again so I could enjoy the ride home, and stopped off to see a few friends at a local biker bar. Good times, and while the temp dropped below 45 I decided to come home.

Barrett.jpg

Went camping this weekend on the bluffs North East of Roosevelt Lake, AZ. First time bike camping.

b860274e505fe1754b5b698f575028c9.jpg

c24d107a664de957bdc41ce61f342d4b.jpg

7dee615402eceecb6fd458b70a4f8e3b.jpg

Had a nice maintenance day Sunday after riding up and seeing the Motorcycle Show in Dallas on Saturday.

First up, tires. The PR4 front had 17,529 miles on it, the rear one 10,680 miles. Could've squeezed another 500 miles out of both, but I had the replacement Conti-Motion rear and a take off PR3 sitting in the garage and had the time to do it.

Rear:

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0575.jpg

Front:

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

You can see how the left side of the tire wore more quickly, which isn't uncommon, but made for a bit of a funny feeling.

Next up, brakes front and rear. This is my second set of pads up front, managed 19,193 miles out of this set, the rears were originals with 36,678 miles.

Fronts were pretty well done, wore nice and evenly though.

IMAG0584.jpg

Rears had a decent amount of meat left of them, might could have waited until the next tire change but... oh well.

IMAG0579.jpg

Last but not least, installed the stainless front line that Santa brought and flushed out the fluid both front and rear.

IMAG0587.jpg

This is the universal 40" line from Streamline Brakes . Should have gone with the 38" recommended here, but thought if I ever want to put my risers back on I'll appreciate the extra length. It's a little long now, but shouldn't be an issue. Lever is much, much harder -- I was really surprised. I'm sure new fluid and fresh pads helped as well.

Ready to rock for quite a few more miles now :cool:

trey

Stuck in the garage for now, but I did finally get my title and registration in the mail, so I got my plates today. I have to say, it is a good-looking plate, much better than the standard plates, and even better than the cager version.

Plates.jpg

I rode it for the first time since November 18th :D I had a couple of surgeries I am recuperating from. It felt good to get back in the saddle.

Yesterday was a great day for that ride. You live less than two hours South of me and we hit 64F yesterday. Glad you were able to get back out and enjoy your bike.

I installed a front fender extender to the front and now have the rear apart to extend it.

Have added the extension and working the license plate install today. Will eliminate the heavy license plate bracket but fabricate a new mount for the reflectors.

Pics to follow under the Mods section.

Did not ride today.

Installed a Battery Tender USB so that I can charge my phone while riding. All to enjoy my new headset Sena 10 which will arrive Monday which will then be installed in my Brand New Shoei GT-AIR helmet with built in speaker holes. :)

Excited!!!!!!!

I have the Sena 10R and Shoei GT-Air. You should like both of them.

Cool! Can't wait for it. I'm loving the helmet except for the break in period. It fits as it should but is tighter than my old faithful Shoei which got retired. My poor cheecks hurt at the moment but I know it will mold perfectly. Amazed with the wind aerodynamics with this helmet.

I got this jacket on order,on sale with free shipping. It will match the high viz helmet.3 jackets and 3 helmets now,I think I have this part covered lol.
9aeb56dd9486b9f03e293abc9325f677.jpg

Cool! Can't wait for it. I'm loving the helmet except for the break in period. It fits as it should but is tighter than my old faithful Shoei which got retired. My poor cheecks hurt at the moment but I know it will mold perfectly. Amazed with the wind aerodynamics with this helmet.

I have the SMH10 and J cruise love them both but look what I saw while getting dog food on my way home from work this morning--

WP_20150130_08_32_55_Pro.jpg

Filled out the survey Honda sent me for the NC, it came with a dollar in the envelope, makin it rain. $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back