• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the go pro behind the screen, it must be right? The picture looks all wobbly, was it on a suction mount?

It is in the front of the windscreen. I think most of the wobble was youtube screwing something up... It is a sticker mount. I have ordered a chest mount today, gonna see how that works. I did a 2nd video of a walk-around (some friends wanted to see the bike) that shows the GoPro mounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRp0d7mN-s

I was off out in the hills today. Bloody cold it was too. Stopped at this reservoir to take a shot of the sunset.......

P1030581.jpg

Getting colder. Out again today. There was a slight snow flurry as can be seen on the edges of the road. There is heavy snow expected tomorrow evening in this area so I may be confined to barracks for a day or two.

P1030584.jpg

P1030586.jpg

P1030587.jpg

It is in the front of the windscreen. I think most of the wobble was youtube screwing something up... It is a sticker mount. I have ordered a chest mount today, gonna see how that works. I did a 2nd video of a walk-around (some friends wanted to see the bike) that shows the GoPro mounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRp0d7mN-s

I must admit I like it in black with the black engine too. Looks good.

[/QUOTE] ....huggers simply do not work.[/QUOTE]

I agree, huggers are not going to keep the area in front of the tire clean; negative pressure over-spray is going to draw dirt in front of the tire.
They prevent what I would call the 'bead blast' affect from pebbles and the like hitting that area, which may be minimal...........let's see........another word?.....useless?

I've got one on order but am looking at possibly doing a hugger MOD. But if that and the hugger do not work out, all can go back to original.

Oh! I didn't ride today.

Last edited:
Did not ride today. Maybe some of you are hardy enough to ride a motorcycle on ice, but I took the 4 wheeler. :( It would probably be better to ride through the cornfield than on the road.:p
image1.jpg

Last edited:
Did not ride today. Maybe some of you are hardy enough to ride a motorcycle on ice, but I took the 4 wheeler. :( It would probably be better to ride through the cornfield than on the road.:p
View attachment 22052

I was once out on roads like that when I first got the NC. I didn't start out on them , just got sucked in. It wasn't fun and I would not be in a hurry to do so again. Nice shot though. You can almost feel how cold it is.

Rode to work today @ 24 deg f. Should be mid 40s when I leave out. Also, this marks my first commute on the bike. Tomorrow will be my first group ride.

As to the Irishman above, get outta your Guinness (or Smithwicks) glass long enough and you could count higher. :rolleyes: :p :cool:

Rode mine for the first time this year, last time I rode it was Christmas day. Topped off the tank just before getting home 2.7 gal. $4.47, about half what it usually casts to fill it.

Man up, ya poofta!

At this time of year a drop of Glenmorangie or Famous Grouse in a small heated brandy bubble is much more to my liking. Yes, I am a wuss but I suppose as a pensioner I am allowed some leeway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back