• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question about the Front Turn Signals

Ok so worse case scenario I need to remove the front black plastic pieces that surround the headlight to get them off or are you referring to some other pieces. I'm sorry if my questions are all over the place; Its my first bike :| Still trying to get acclimated :confused:

Yes, worst case. But I would not recommend that you attempt it without a service manual.

I broke off my left front turn signal. The wiring was still intact and the signal worked. I wrapped it in black electrical tape. You can't tell the difference from the right one and it actually is stronger now. I did order one as soon as I broke it, but never put it on because the repair worked so well. IMG_0431[1].jpgIMG_0432[1].jpg

I broke off my left front turn signal. The wiring was still intact and the signal worked. I wrapped it in black electrical tape. You can't tell the difference from the right one and it actually is stronger now. I did order one as soon as I broke it, but never put it on because the repair worked so well. View attachment 5022View attachment 5023

Be thankful the signal is the weak link. On '88-'07 Ninja 250s, many a beginner's drop on the turn signal has resulted in the fairings getting cracked badly, eventually equating to a few hundred dollars damage. On the NC, the signal stalks are apparently sacrificed but the body work is saved.

Greg

I, too, broke the left front signal during a fall. The local Honda dealer tells me to get to that signal all the plastic covers on that side must first be removed. That is, from the signal to the rear of the NC. Apparently, those panels are interconnected. I ended up with the black electrical tape solution, which looks OK to me. Superglue may be an option, also.

The local Honda dealer tells me to get to that signal all the plastic covers on that side must first be removed. That is, from the signal to the rear of the NC. Apparently, those panels are interconnected.

The bodywork removal is nuts-n-bolts once you know where the fasteners are and how they work. I'd recommend that you dive in (with a service manual) and become comfortable with it. Removing covers is just part of owning a covered up motorcycle.

Back